The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Tefal Fresh Express
21 Feb 2014, 15:09
Has anyone got a Tefal Fresh Express? I am looking forward to the warmer weather and cannot wait to be eating salads again.
I want to make my own coleslaw and want a gadget to grate and slice etc. Apparently the newer higher powered one is better than the first one they produced.
I don't want the expense of buying a food processor that I probably won't use enough.
Re: Tefal Fresh Express
21 Feb 2014, 15:14
I have got the original one and I love it. It does tend to throw the shredded veg in a wide arc, so I make sure I put a large bowl underneath to catch it.
I use it for grating carrots for my carrot chutney, but also celeriac for remoulade etc. If you have the space, go for it.
21 Feb 2014, 17:42
Thank you so much for the reply. I wanted to hear a review from someone who had actually used one.
I will asking very soon for coleslaw and mayonnaise recipes!! Roll on the summer!!
21 Feb 2014, 21:20
Intrigued - going to google it to see what I'm missing out on!
21 Feb 2014, 21:50
@PennyForthem? Are there any gadgets you HAVENT got?! :grin:

I've not heard of that...and I thought I was a gadget fiend

Bean :confused:
21 Feb 2014, 22:55
@nursebean when you have to grate kilos of carrots at a time, you don't want to be doing it by hand! And probably there are a few gadgets I don't have - shall I investigate them for you? (;~D)
21 Feb 2014, 22:56
aah - looks like my food processor does the same so will restrain myself!
21 Feb 2014, 22:58
I have a Cuisinart processor with grater, but it doesn't do as good a job, IMHO, but if I were only grating a carrot at time, I'd live with it!!
21 Feb 2014, 23:05
nursebean wrote: @PennyForthem? Are there any gadgets you HAVENT got?! :grin:
Bean :confused:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
You don't have to answer that @PennyForthem that's just our nursy getting nosey. :heart: Sue
22 Feb 2014, 09:13
@sue.q shall I invite @nursebean for a guided tour of my kitchen? I think she'd be very disappointed in what she saw!!
10 posts Page 1 of 1