The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

71 posts Page 4 of 5
I love olives - black or green, small or big, pitted or not.
I love garlic, a staple in my home cooking.
I love chili too - all sorts, grow a few myself, the plants have now moved indoors and I have HUGE jalapeños.
Love feta cheese, if you find truly good stuff (which isn't easy to come by out here in the suburbs) and can eat them out of the jar and moan with pleasure.

When it comes to chicken, I cut tiny slits in the skin and put in slivers of garlic. Stuff it with spring onions, fresh ginger, chili and quarts of lemon. Rub with salt, black pepper and Creole or Cajun seasoning and roast in the oven until done. A big time favorite around here. :smile:
Olives? GAG! Ranks right near the top of the list of things I hate...along with pickles, mushrooms, and any kind of pickled peppers or pickled anything, really. :razz:
Tweaker,I too am a hater of anything pickled or vinegary :0( waaaaargh! X
So, Candicemarie, does that mean you've gone out and got pickled yourself? :wink:
Well how interesting is all this? You either love or hate olives, no in between for these babies.
I'm agog to know what they say about olives??
I'll be looking out for some kalamata today, seems unlikely to find any here though (wastelands of Central England)!
:0)
I like cheapo green pitted ones in the litte packets with beer, cheapo black ones on pizzas with a bottle of Vino Collapso and posh kalamata ones.
Azureblue wrote: I'll be looking out for some kalamata today, seems unlikely to find any here though (wastelands of Central England)!
:0)

I also live in those wastelands and just about every supermarket has them in the deli section. I can even get tham at the local market. Cheese stalls will usually also sell good olives.
Didn't I hear that Lidl did a good line in olives? But yes most supermarkets have decent enough ones these days.
Would like to invite myself to lunch at Rawkaren's to nibble on some of her yummy black olive tapenade, then for my dinner will pop over to Wolfie's to feast on that gorgeous garlicky roast chicken, then to end a perfect night of living it up in Las Vegas enjoy a breakfast Bloody Mary with a huge green olive with Betsygr8 !! :lol:
Perfect feast day !! :like:
Yay! :like: but you are missing one of Manderley's jellies (from the jelly thread). We need a pud and France is a good place to go! Sounds like my kind of party.
Undeterred with the secret business I still declare that I will be making the chicken recipe and as well the olive tapenade and the jar of olives in BBT's recipe.

Olives nectar of the gods sure an acquired taste unlike anything else :curse: :yawn: :bugeyes:
I'm one of those that used to dislike them, but as my diet has changed I now love them! mind you, you need to find the right sort, I don't like the larger ones, or ones with stones, but I do like the smaller green ones... i've tried a few and stick with what I like

I also now like Feta, sundried tomatoes and hummus :)
I lurrrrve olives. I chuck them in a blender with parsley, splash of olive oil, capers and blitz and put them on pita crisps.

I lurrrrve marinated olives of chilli and garlic. I could eat olives at every meal :smile:
rawkaren wrote: Didn't I hear that Lidl did a good line in olives? But yes most supermarkets have decent enough ones these days.

For cheapo black ones that I put on pizzas and in sandwiches, I but the Aldi ones in jars, which are 45p I think. I'm pretty sure I've tried the Lidl ones but get the Aldi ones out of habit.
Hee! hee! Izzy! I'm not such a foodie that I don't appreciate a good hot mug of builder's - not so sure about the cheese toastie, but a nice Welsh rarebit now.. :grin:
71 posts Page 4 of 5