The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

35 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: What goes into your salad?
16 Oct 2013, 10:41
I like adding white beans/cannellini beans to a salad. They help keep me full.
16 Oct 2013, 11:11
Thanks for all the great salad recipes. My latest salad is leafy greens with grated beetroot, fennel, red capsicum, spring onion, radish, cracked freekah, goats feta and a balsamic dressing.
16 Oct 2013, 11:16
Flageolets are great for that as well, they taste great, are cute (I know, it's pathetic... :razz: ) and are full of proteins.
16 Oct 2013, 12:22
Great thread and some brilliant ideas. Never tried making a warm salad before, so definitely going to have a go - I adore roasted veg like butternut squash.

Some of my favourite salad ingredients are (not all together and not just on their own!) olives, sweetcorn, pickled onions, sun-dried tomatoes. I usually need a bit of zing in whatever I'm eating, so I add Tabasco to salad dressing. Or pickled jalapeno peppers. Or ricotta stuffed peppers from Sainsbury's - love those, just enough zing to make it interesting.

I love spring onion too but rarely use it in a salad. I always worry after eating it that I'll be able to drop a person at 10 paces just by breathing on them! :wink:
16 Oct 2013, 17:37
I just look in cook books. Generally not all salads need lettuce leaves. Once you get over that premise then salads can consist of only a few tasty ingredients and you can have two or more 'salads' on your plate.
35 posts Page 3 of 3