The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

47 posts Page 1 of 4
Vegetarian or vegan?
31 Jan 2013, 19:14
Hi everyone, I am a lifelong vegetarian and now vegan for the past year or so. I was just wondering if there are any others on here? My fast days are Monday and Thursday. I have now completed 3 fast days and loving it!
Thanks,
Elayne
Re: Vegetarian or vegan?
01 Feb 2013, 10:15
I'm a vegan. Most of the time - I will admit to a sweet tooth when eating out and not being too careful of ingredients in my puddings then.

Yay vegans! :)
01 Feb 2013, 11:16
veggie here!
05 Feb 2013, 18:43
Hi. Also vegetarian. I'm going to be doing my 4th fast on Thursday and wondering what to cook for my evening meal. I split my cals between breakfast and tea with nothing inbetween. So far it's been stir fry all the way and I'm not sure I can face another one! I have to cook a meal for the rest of my family plus I have a meeting to go to at the kids school, so considering beans on toast as it's easy. Any other ideas?
05 Feb 2013, 20:29
I'm a veggie :) Omelettes are good (if you eat eggs); also quorn cottage pie (with just a tiny amount of potato); I also have quorn fillets with loads of veg or chunky veg and lentil soups as my tea on a fasting day.
05 Feb 2013, 21:52
I tried these, they were really good
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4686 ... aubergines

On this blog there are several recipe for vegetarian 5:2 fasters
http://www.tinnedtomatoes.com/2012/08/52-diet.html

As well as on BBC Good Food (below 200 and below 400 cal tags)
05 Feb 2013, 22:21
I'm vegetarian, so I do cheese and very occasionally eggs, but for fasting I rely on veg soup, thickened with lentils, or with chickpeas added. My husband eats tofu and quorn, but I'm not keen on either, but they would be good as they are both low calorie.

Pat
05 Feb 2013, 23:19
Hi folks

Mullumgirl and susanne - I'm also vegan and I've PM'd you both! :)

B&W
07 Feb 2013, 15:22
Veggie here too, my fast days are Monday and Thursday as well. Am in the middle of one at the moment and thought I would pop on here for some encouragement while my stomach is telling me its time to eat!
07 Feb 2013, 15:36
Hi - veggie too!
Will be eagerly listening in for fast day recipes.
Mostly have soup for an evening meal, fruit salads are great to fill you up for few calories I think.
I don't often get too much protein in on the fast days as I like as much bulk as possible for the calories
-not worried about this as on feed days I eat lots of fried tofu, lentils, chickpeas as well as eggs (back to vegetarianism having been vegan for 4- I think not a permanent return!).
07 Feb 2013, 21:52
I'm veggie too. Mainly sticking to ready meals while I get into the swing of it. Loving 5:2 so far.
09 Feb 2013, 15:14
Hi, I'm veggie and have only done two fast days so far. On the first I had a quorn steak and lots of veg for dinner. I found that it satisfied me completely and was delicious.
09 Feb 2013, 18:38
Quorn is great for low cal filling meals. That's what i have with loads of roasted or stir fried veg on my fast days. Yum
16 Feb 2013, 23:10
Vegan For years, before that vegetarian for years, 25 years ago I was raw for a few years.
17 Feb 2013, 06:09
Hi I'm a vegetarian , new to the 5.2 , would like to loose little weight . Hoping this might be the answer to yo yo-ing , that I will be able to keep this up and it becomes a way of life. I have done 14 day fasting in the past, just thinking about it put me right off . So 2 days a week should be manageable. On the fast day will probably do just juice with some of the juice recipes from "big fat and nearly dead diet" . Might be the go combination.
47 posts Page 1 of 4