The FastDay Forum

Fasting Windows

28 posts Page 2 of 2
You can see from my signature that I combine 4:3 and do at least 16:8 on a daily basis. This has worked for me very well indeed and I am close to my target weight now. I too feel more alert when I don't eat in the morning and have largely given up doing so.
Like @callyanna I see no reason to eat now when I don't feel like it. Eating only when you are genuinely hungry is what to strive for and then only within your TDEE on non-fast days.
dumb question

how come there is no calorie stipulation on the "eating window method". surely calorie restriction is essential regardles of frequency of eating (within say a 7 day period)

reckon i could pack in 1500 calories in a 2 hour window no problem. even an hour :oops:

kind of doesnt sit well with me this 16:8 business. compared to the 1/4 TDEE concept of 6:1, or 5:2 or 4:3 (my method)
I've been doing something like 16:8 on non-fast days to get my calorie count down. Basically I skip breakfast and don't eat after dinner, but I'm not strict about the window. After all, I'm fasting (400-500cals) every other day.
@Juliana.rivers
With the eating window method of intermittent fasting you adjust the length of the window to get the results you want. If the window is small enough you can't over eat! The appetite suppressing effect of fasting also kicks in so you feel full after a normal to small sized lunch and dinner so you're not filling the entire eating window with eating! I find that most days I'm actually doing 18:6 because that's how the family meal timings work out, but I don't stress if some days are 16:8, and if I need to compensate for a dinner out or celebration where I think I've over eaten, I put in a 19:5 or 20:4. On average I'm eating about 1300-1400 cals a day when I check (I check occasionally out of interest).

By the way, I saw my goal weight on the scales for the first time today! :grin: Just have to get the trend weight down there now!
When I did 16:8 in the school hols I did it with a calorie restriction. I am going to do the same in the Easter Hols.
carorees wrote: @Juliana.rivers
With the eating window method of intermittent fasting you adjust the length of the window to get the results you want. If the window is small enough you can't over eat! The appetite suppressing effect of fasting also kicks in so you feel full after a normal to small sized lunch and dinner so you're not filling the entire eating window with eating! I find that most days I'm actually doing 18:6 because that's how the family meal timings work out, but I don't stress if some days are 16:8, and if I need to compensate for a dinner out or celebration where I think I've over eaten, I put in a 19:5 or 20:4. On average I'm eating about 1300-1400 cals a day when I check (I check occasionally out of interest).

By the way, I saw my goal weight on the scales for the first time today! :grin: Just have to get the trend weight down there now!

thats a good explanation carorees. ahhh congratulations on your result. seeing the target for the first time is great. the waiting for Libra to catch up as you see can be a nuisance but it's the reality i guess. as long as the curve is going down thats the main thing
MaryAnn wrote: I've been doing something like 16:8 on non-fast days to get my calorie count down. Basically I skip breakfast and don't eat after dinner, but I'm not strict about the window. After all, I'm fasting (400-500cals) every other day.

Hi @MaryAnn and all,
Like many others who do 16:8 you have done very well. I had my first fast collapse this week (gulps) and it crashed from lunch time on. I saw the calorie counter on that day exceed 500 but it didn't go nuts.

So I've accidentally done 16:8 once and was happy with the calories. For some reason I've not been convinced about 16:8 but it might be what I need to do in addition to 6:1 until my insulin levels get under control.
cheers Jo
Hi everyone! I haven't posted in about four months. I slid off the fasting train, and I slid off fast!

After trying various forms of fasting including 5:2, 4:3, alternate day fasting and time restricted only fasting, I've concluded time restricted fasting is best for me personally. So I've climbed on the 16:8 bandwagon this morning, and I intend to stay on it. It just made me feel sharper and have more energy than the other forms, although weight loss was slower for me.

Anyway, a big thank you to Moogie the Administrator for sending out emails to remind us of this forum! They really encouraged me to come back here.

So I'll be doing 16:8 with maybe a few fast 5's thrown in somewhere down the road.
Welcome back @marigolds!

Glad you have found a fasting method that seems to suit you. We have a thread dedicated to 16:8 and other eating window methods here

Hope to see you there!
Wow Caroreees, THANK YOU! I didn't know where to look for daily 16:8 posting. THANKS!
Glad you are back @marigolds - hope you get back into it ok and keep us updated - join us on the Xmas challenge if that floats your boat!
Thanks Madcat!
:like: :clover: :heart:
This is a good place to be, let's kick this one around for awhile :0)
28 posts Page 2 of 2