Week 4 return of the headache
19 Jun 2013, 07:18

Too good to be true?
17 Jun 2013, 18:48

Introduction and history!
17 Jun 2013, 18:35

Introduction and history!

by boudicca on 17 Jun 2013, 18:35

As of today I have been doing the diet for 3 weeks.

History: 44. 5ft 8 Been overweight since I was a teenager, battled it most of my life with varying amounts of success. 4 years ago I was 16.5 stone and got engaged and with a year to my wedding I found willpower from somewhere and started calorie counting using My Fitness Pal and got serious about exercise. In that year I lost almost 6 stone and ran a half marathon. Weirdly I reached goal weight on the day of my wedding! 10 stone 10 pounds. We went to NYC for honeymoon and I gained 7 pounds and it's been creeping back ever since :cry:

I have maintained the exercise and run 3-4 times a week and have much healthier eating habits. I know how many calories I burn and how I used to fool myself before! However I just could not get back into that solid 1500 calories a day discipline needed to lose the 20+ pounds I had gained. Then everyone started talking about the fast diet. People I worked with that I knew had NO self control were doing well on it. I was sceptical. I downloaded the horizon program and watched it and then I ordered the books and vowed I'd give it a go, despite being terrified of the surely unbearable hunger I would feel!! And thus we arrive at starting point...

0 Comments   Viewed 2171 times

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!