+ January 2014
+ September 2013
+ August 2013
+ May 2013
+ April 2013
+ March 2013

4th fast

by juliusi on 25 Mar 2013, 09:31

So Monday is here again and I am starting my 2nd 5:2 week.
Over the weekend even if I had my race I gained quite a bit of weight as I predicted. Unfortunately it seems I overeat during my feed days and therefore the sacrifices during the 2 fast days have little impact. It is still true that I have lost 0.900g so far, but probably should have lost more given the level of activity done, especially on Saturday when I run 57.8Km. So today I started to really look at my TDEE and trying to understand what I really need to eat. I have checked various sites and even if you enter almost the same info (they all ask for the same info) the results are slightly different. What I don't get is since my days are not all the same, should I calculate my TDEE every day (well you do it once and have the 2 TDEE) and therefore eat based on that result or always eat my TDEE regardless of my type of day? I say so because when I enter a typical training day it tells me to eat between 2650 and 2750 calories, instead when I am on a normal day I should eat around 2300/2400 cals (the numbers vary from site to site). So what should I do? I want to have a closer look at the calories on my feed days, even if this bothers me a little bit since the 5:2 method is very nice because lets you off the daily weighting of food, but probably the point is there. I have too much on my feed days and I know that most of it is in the sweet and junck food I snack here and there. I am annoyed with myself because I know where the truth lies and don't do the right things to improve. I'd like to say that I am happy with the almost kilo lost, I am more annoyed with my drastic ups and downs I have between fast and feed days. It should be more balanced in both ways I suppose. I am open for suggestions.

We have not inherited the world from our forefathers; we have borrowed it from our children.
0 Comments   Viewed 7668 times

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!