FastDay User Blogs

Journals, thoughts and musings from our community

Archives

- August 2013
4 replies Page 1 of 1
1 out of 52 out of 53 out of 54 out of 55 out of 5

My willpower is stronger than the need of food

by Littlebo on 17 Aug 2013, 06:50

Who would have thought that 12 days in on a diet and I would have lost 11 lbs and 3 inches off my wait, this is now becoming serious....

I am no longer binging yay!!!!

I am no longer saying one little bit won't hurt!!!

I am ignoring all the cakes and pastries at work, which I now call brown food, as it is not colourful it is not healthy!!!

I am saying no to it all!!!

Who is this woman that I see in the mirror WOW it's me!!!

I say say woohoo to the fast diet coming in to my life, I feel that my life is about to change forever.

My daughter left home the other day and I am now in the house on my own,I thought I would spend all the time stuffing my face, well I have proved to myself that my willpower is stronger than the need of food, exciting times ahead and I wish everybody else the same, it makes me feel confident, and that is a life changing moment in its self

Happy days x
Last edited by Littlebo on 17 Aug 2013, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.

4 Comments   Viewed 4638 times

Comments

Wow littlebo That is fantastic. Your "empty nest" reaction is also great. My kids haven't left but I do find that I'm left home alone a lot. So I have started to reclaim myself and keeping chooks and exercise classes are my thing. What about you? Good luck with your continued success. Keep us informed as its lovely to hear.
Hi I did not want to get trapped in to the empty nest syndrome I wanted to be proactive, as I felt that could trap me back in to my old ways, I have to succeed in this and I do not want to fall back in to silly ways. That is a great way of putting it, reclaiming yourself, that's exactly what I am doing.

Just out of interest how is your 4.3 going, as I think I could do that quite easily but not sure what the benefits are, would be very interested in hearing your thoughts,

Thank you for your kind words
Littlebo wrote: Hi I did not want to get trapped in to the empty nest syndrome I wanted to be proactive, as I felt that could trap me back in to my old ways, I have to succeed in this and I do not want to fall back in to silly ways. That is a great way of putting it, reclaiming yourself, that's exactly what I am doing.

Just out of interest how is your 4.3 going, as I think I could do that quite easily but not sure what the benefits are, would be very interested in hearing your thoughts,

Thank you for your kind words

My week goes something like this...
Fast Monday and Wednesday without fail. Then I almost always do Fridays, but if I don't or cannot I go for 16.8 which means nothing till lunch. which is basically what I do on all non fast days anyway. Many folks on here tend to drop breakfasts full stop after starting 5.2 as they soon realise that yes they an cope without. There are many many very experienced and successful fasters on here and I am just a novice, but I am like a giant sponge for knowledge at the moment and when I do something I like to know as much about it as possible, that's why this forum is fantabulous. And yes I'm going to patent that little saying "reclaim yourself" So now I need to go for a little walk as Ive only done 7775 steps today. Have you considered a fitbit. My latest obsession.
Your words ring very true with me, it makes you believe you are not alone.

There is something in me that is saying this is it, no 2nd, 3rd or 4th chances, life's too short and I w ill beat the life of flab ...

What is fitbit? Like you I am a novice but have never heard of that, any advice would be fab as I can then make the right choice for me
4 replies Page 1 of 1

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!