Archives

- November 2013

Interim goal reached!
06 Nov 2013, 18:53

+ October 2013
3 replies Page 1 of 1

1 Month of Intermittent Fasting

by DeeWidiastuti on 03 Oct 2013, 07:46

Today is exactly 1 month since I first started doing intermittent fasting, and this morning I weighed in at 57.5. That is exactly 3 kg weight loss!

I started ount IF by doing the 16:8 fasting/feeding window, although in practice it is mostly 18:6. I have been doing it for 4 - 5 days a week, leaving weekends off IF, which coincides with my exercise rest days. There was actually a week when I did only 1 day, because I went to holiday. I like this method because I didn't need to think about calories (which I hated anyway), and yet it naturally reduced my eating portions and snacking.

What I have been doing is basically just skipped breakfast, having only water and tea until breaking my fast at lunch time (1 pm), and then I can eat "whatever I want", have dinner with the husband between 6 - 7 pm, and the fast begins again until lunch the next day. Note that "eating whatever I want" is in moderation, besides I mostly found that I couldn't eat so much anymore after 16 - 18 hours of fasting. I didn't even do a full fast until just early this week, as I wrote in the previous post.

So now I am one month into this WOE. I was sceptical in the beginning, and I started it mainly out of curiousity. But today I will say, that Intermittent Fasting works for me. I have been gaining and losing weight for 4 years now, and in fact I have never seen myself losing so much weight so quickly before.

IF really works, and I am not even counting calories or restricting any food group :victory: ! Blame my Indonesian upbringing, but I especially refuse to eliminate rice and noodle from my diet :grin: ! I do try to have incorporate a good portion of vegetables and protein in my meals though, and just be more aware of my portions. Everything in moderation, that's the mantra.

I do attribute part of this weight loss to regular exercise. For two months now I've managed to stick to 5 days per week of moderate exercises. I don't believe I would lose so much without exercise!

Moving forward, I will definitely continue with intermittent fasting. My main method will still be 16:8 daily fast, and whenever I see the need to bump it up, I will add a full fast. So a combination of 16:8 and 6:1/5:2. I am curious to see how it will progress in the coming months. I am not overweight and so I realise the weight loss will most likely become slower and slower. I'll just take it 1 kg at a time. Patience and determination is the key here.

I've been at this weight (57's kg) quite a number of times in the last 4 years, and this is usually the point where I stalled and eventually gain weight again. I hope this WOE will help me break the barrier!

I'll be updating again in the coming weeks.

Dee

6:1 (switching to 5:2 for now) and 16:8 most days

Christmas Club Member #75
Weight at start : 55.6 kg
Goal for Dec 25 : 54 kg (1.6kg loss)
Current weight (Dec1) : 53.9 kg (actual)/54.5 kg (trend)
Weight loss so far : 1.7 kg
Christmas goal reached!! :)
3 Comments   Viewed 3608 times

Comments

Sounds like you are off to a fantastic start dear! Keep up the great work, I can't wait to hear about your future success! x
I too refused to give up nasi or mee!! :-) I am Asian (Indonesian/Japanese-Malay) though I find that rice does not fatten me up like how potatoes and bred does. I substitue most of the pasta for slim noodles/miracle noodles that I make mee goreng with lots of vege on fast days. Fried with sambal tumis. Enough for my dinner and supper so that I do not go to bed hungry.
@daydreamer21 : Thank you! I'll be updating :)

@Aina : ah, just saw your comment now. Hehehe, rice for life for us Asians! I do agree that bread is more of a trigger for me than rice. For one thing rice fills me up much better than bread, I feel more stisfied and thereby don't feel like munching anymore. With bread I can just eat and eat and eat :P
3 replies Page 1 of 1

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!