Archives

- November 2013

Interim goal reached!
06 Nov 2013, 18:53

+ October 2013
2 replies Page 1 of 1

Patience... and a plan.

by DeeWidiastuti on 15 Oct 2013, 06:47

It seems my weight loss is slowing down. After that big drop to 56.5 kg last week, I haven't really loss anymore weight. In fact I saw my weight crept back to the 57's over the weekend (damn weekends!) I knew this is going to happen, afterall I'm already in the healthy BMI range so it is to be expected. Still the fluctuations this past 8 days doesn't make me too happy.

The last few days I feel like I'm becoming too obsessive with the weight loss. I tried to relax over the weekend, as I set weekends as my rest days. I went out for a long walk around Limburg with my husband and had a very nice time, but still I can't shake off the weight loss thoughts. I don't like this.

I did another full fast yesterday, and it brought me back to the 56's kg, so that's a good thing. But mentally I still feel slightly defeated. I want my weight to just keep going down, no jumps like now. I know it's an unrealistic expectation though.

Last night I kept thinking whether I should do another full fast today. Logically I don't think it will do me any good though. I know I shouldn't over do it and be patient. In any diet plan, weight loss doesn't happen over night. Wasn't it me who posted the article in the forum about not over doing it?? I should know better. Patience.

Arr... I feel so messed up in my head now.

What I need now is to stick with a plan. Since I started this, I've been kinda winging it, not sticking to any schedule or plan. Doing 16:8 worked well for me in the beginning, but I tend to mess up a bit during the weekend. And it seems that doing one full fast on Monday helps to balance out the weekend splurge. So my plan from now on to do a combination of 6:1 and 16:8. Full fast on Monday, 16:8 Tuesday - Friday, rest days Saturday - Sunday. I will do this for the rest of the month and assess at the end of October.

Yosh!! :fighter-f:

Dee

6:1 (switching to 5:2 for now) and 16:8 most days

Christmas Club Member #75
Weight at start : 55.6 kg
Goal for Dec 25 : 54 kg (1.6kg loss)
Current weight (Dec1) : 53.9 kg (actual)/54.5 kg (trend)
Weight loss so far : 1.7 kg
Christmas goal reached!! :)
2 Comments   Viewed 3102 times

Comments

Re: Patience... and a plan.
15 Oct 2013, 08:51
Hi Dee. I'm sure this was bound to happen as your BMI is pretty good now and you had a big drop last week so maybe your body just needs a chance to catch up. What does the tape measure tell you? I feel better not weighing myself very often - at the moment I can just about bear once every two weeks. I still obsess about it too, but not jumping on the scales all the time means its not in my face every day. I think 16:8 is a great thing as it really curbs your appetite and its hard to eat too much in an 8 hour window. Hang on in there! :smile:
Re: Patience... and a plan.
15 Oct 2013, 11:41
Thank you Karen, you're probably right that the body needs to catch up...I just need to stop feeling bad everytime I see those fluctuations. My measurments has not really changed except around my chest, it's down 1 cm since I last measure(2 cm if I tug the tape tighter):).

I'll continue as planned with 6:1 and 16:8 now. As you said 16:8 really did control my appetite. Wish me luck!
2 replies Page 1 of 1

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!