Can It Be True?
04 Jan 2014, 08:15

Headache
02 Jan 2014, 20:45

+ December 2013
2 replies Page 1 of 1

My First Fast Day

by Patchworkperson on 31 Dec 2013, 20:01

I completed my first fast day today & found it alarmingly easy. I decided to fast on Tuesday & Thursday as I'd be busy at work & hopefully wouldn't be bothered about food too much. That was certainly the case today, no time to think of eating! Managed to drink lots of water or black coffee though.

Dinner was pretty boring, just steamed veg with some cheese sauce. Total lack of planning. I must make more effort with the planning or I'll be in trouble. I rarely plan dinner until just before & I don't think I can afford to do that now.

I was ready an article today by someone who isn't a 5:2 fan. he wrote about starving yourself to the point of near collapse & not being able to concentrate. I wonder if he has actually tried it as I didn't feel like that at all.

I'm pleased with my first day & I'd like each fast day to be as easy.

Geri

Slow progress is better than no progress

#65 2014 Christmas challenge
Goal: 14lbs (more would be totally acceptable)
Method: 5:2
Extra Challenge: No grains
Extra, Extra Challenge: No added sugar

Start 01.10.14 -290.6 lbs (131.09kgs)
Goal - 276lbs

Result To Date - lbs
2 Comments   Viewed 3022 times

Comments

Re: My First Fast Day
31 Dec 2013, 23:08
Well done patchwork person! You see! It's not that hard. You do get hard days, but you will learn to manage them and when the weight starts dropping off, that firms up your resolve.
Re: My First Fast Day
01 Jan 2014, 20:12
Well done. I'm one of the lucky ones who finds it easy too. I menu plan once a week because I couldn't bear to decide at the last minute. I am always in a hurry so often use frozen veg. Bags of salad leaves are great in the summer. I bling them up (salad and veg) with herbs and/or spices, even a squeeze of lemon juice works wonders. If you get cooked chicken breasts or cooked salmon they are so quick to get on the plate with a bag of salad and some tomatoes or some steamed frozen veg. I like the frozen Mediterranean grilled mixed veg with cherry tomatoes from Tesco. I often heat it in the microwave for quickness. It's lovely with an omelette. What you need are big flavours. Try to steer clear of potatoes, bread, rice and pasta, you get more bang for your calorie buck without them. Good luck for your next fast
2 replies Page 1 of 1

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!