Different eating pattern today
16 May 2014, 13:04

+ April 2014
+ March 2014
+ February 2014
+ January 2014

Fasting today

by Revel3 on 27 Feb 2014, 11:31

Second fast day of the week. I find Mondays easier than Thursdays for some reason. I think the beginning of the working week is better psychologically. On the other hand once today is over I've got a clear three days before next fast. But really none of it has been difficult. This is nothing like having to weigh and record absolutely everything you ever eat every single day. Two days a week I eat very little and the rest if the time I eat normally. But even my 'normally' has changed. I am definitely eating smaller portions of food and am no longer shovelling food into my mouth. I have lost my fear of being hungry and that little voice which kept urging me to keep on eating in case ......in case what I don't know.......in case someone came and took all the food away maybe.

I seem to have taken a step back from food and can see past each mealtime now. I know that if I am hungry I can find something to eat, no-one has stolen all the food. So I have become much more relaxed about eating and am happy to stop when I feel satisfied. I am also enjoying my food so much more which is also great.

And the weight is coming off. I've lost 9lb since Xmas and that's on top of all the good feelings about food. So I am definitely continuing on this, with occasional breaks if I want to have them. I love fasting - never thought I'd hear myself say those words! :victory:

0 Comments   Viewed 2803 times

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!