+ January 2014
+ September 2013
+ August 2013
+ May 2013
+ April 2013
+ March 2013

8th fast and 2 and half challenges later

by juliusi on 09 Apr 2013, 13:17

Yesterday I had my 8th fast and I decided for this day that I would try something new, something I never thought I could do: fast until dinner. I have tried eating 3 small meals, eliminating carbs, eating only 2 meals and yesterday I went for the evening meal. On top of this first new challenege I have over at work a guest with whom I went out last night for dinner. Second challenge: stay in the 600cals. Last I added a 15k run yesterday afternoon, just to make things easy.
Well what can I say. I managed to get till 8.30pm without touching anything, went for my run, had a great time and finally I stayed inside the 600cals during the dinner.
And this morning I jumped on the scale after 2 crazy day during the weekend during which I went from 76.7kg to 77.6. Today I broke the 76kg barrier weighing 75.8kg.
That's just amazing!
The weekend foodwise was horrible. I spent the whole Saturday afternoon at home and snacked everything I could find on my way. On Sunday we celebrated my niece baptism. Long and wonderful lunch (Italian style) at the restaurant.
Well on Monday morning the scale showed me the results: a gain of 1.9kg. I was a bit disappointed, but knew it was my fault because I couldn't manage my need for junk food neither eating after a whole meal 3 slices of my favourite cake. Not happy with all that, in the evening had Nutella, just the icing on the cake.
I had already decided that on Monday I would have gone for the long fast for the first time in my life and I was struggling at the idea that probably I had to go out for dinner with our guest, so I wasn't sure if fasting or not, but decided to go for it. I managed the fasting day very well or better I didn't have to force myself more than I thought.
I think my body has already adapetd quite well to the fasting regime and I went throught the day easily not feeling hungry at all till, as I said, 8.30pm.
I went for a run that helped me a lot to keep away any thoughts of food while waiting to go to the restaurant, plus would have helped me in reducing the damages of the day before. So went out for a 15k run and really enjoyed it. I used the time while running trying to plan my evening meal at the restaurant. I convinced myself I didn't need appetizers, or the bread they give you when you sit at the table. I certainly didn't need pasta and thought about something low in calories for a second course. The choice fell on a grilled steak with a salad. Once at the restaurant I sat there and went along with my guests and we ordered appetizerz, wine (good I don't drink). I just had 2 slices of raw ham and 2 mushrooms, which are low in cals, no bread, no mozzarella and ordered my beef steak with salad. The waiter even forgot to bring me the salad and I didn't care too much and had at the end some pineapple. No dessert.
That was it and I was very proud of myself. Going home I put approximately the quantity of food I ate in my calory calculator and I am pretty sure I haven't gone over the 600cals and if I did it cannot be that much more (I really looked carefully at what I had and am quite good in weighing with my eyes after many years of weighing food).
Today I received my prize when I weighed myself and for the first time in 2 years I was below 76ks and more precisely 75.8.
I was a bit disappointed with myself since the weigh gain on Monday morning was a lot, but today afetr what I did yesterday I am very very happy fo so many reasons.
What I want to say and share is that even if we have people around or go to restaurants or there is something thet endangers our mission, we can still do it. Willpower is the trick. I didn't really care what they were eating. I was focused on my goal and as many say and I agree completely, always be prepared. If you know what you are going to eat on your fast day, if you know that there is a risky situation prepare yourself for it and don't get caught.
Yesterday I took the decision that I don't want to eat choccolate or sweets until my race at the end of May. I don't know if I can make it or not, but I really want to give it a try. I want to be careful about what I eat on my feeding days, not exceeding the 2300/400 cals I know I can have and I am pretty sure that my goal of 74kg won't be that far away.
Happy fasting and non to everyone.
J

We have not inherited the world from our forefathers; we have borrowed it from our children.
0 Comments   Viewed 7401 times

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!