05 Jun 2013, 19:43

success...
04 Jun 2013, 18:01

reboot
02 Jun 2013, 18:53

+ April 2013

update end of day 2

by desertcreature on 19 Apr 2013, 02:44

So yesterday went very well, except I discovered the broth had 2x more calories than I thought, and I ate something unplanned before calculating it's calories. About an hour after my strawberries, I had a third cup of broth (10 calories instead of the 5 I thought it was) and it left a bad taste in my mouth. I would normally pop a stick of gum in my mouth, but since I'm quitting artificial sweetners, I tried to think of something else. I passed the pantry, saw the macadamia nuts and counted out 3, thinking it was such a small amount... Today I weighed out 3 nuts and they weighed 7 grams for 50 calories! At least they weren't all carb calories.
Total calories for day 1 fasting: 579 (38g fat, 33g prot, 38g carb (-12g fiber = 26 net carbs)
Anyhow, I woke up feeling like I could continue the fasting condition till dinner. So I had 2 cups coffee w 3 Tbs HWC (150 cal), and a whey protein shake (150 cal: 25g prot/4g fat/5g carb). Then for the rest of the day I only had plain water. At 12:30 I noticed a little hunger as I finished my first liter, and at 2:15 I heard my first audible gurgle from my belly! Yes, I was a little hungry, but not ravenous! At 3pm I loaded the slow cooker (Fillipino Chicken Adobo) and the smells of garlic and chicken for the next few hours were killer!
At 4:30 I counted 3 macadamia nuts and ate them very slowly...
Finally, the chicken was ready at 6, so I measured out one cup, and 1/4 cup of brown rice. I calculated the calories of my recipe on MFP and that meal was 270 calories.
Then I felt like something a little sweet, so I counted out 5 prunes for another 100 calories.
Total calories for the day: 720 (30fat/63pro/42netcarbs)
I guess it's too much for a fast day, and not enough for a nonfast day. Well, I'm not going to fret about it. I'll have a "normal" day tomorrow, and then fast again on Sunday or Monday.

0 Comments   Viewed 2153 times

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!