The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

14 posts Page 1 of 1
Avocados
22 Jan 2014, 15:32
Absolutely love em has anyone got any nice recipes with them that are not too fattening on non fast days? Thinking something a little different to salad?
Re: Avocados
22 Jan 2014, 15:38
How about avocado chocolate mousse? I've been meaning to make this:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giad ... index.html

I usually just chop them up and add them to things like chilis or sandwiches.
22 Jan 2014, 15:38
Mashed on toast seems a favourite, they were discussed here.
topic10456.html
22 Jan 2014, 15:40
Ooh ask @Callyanna I think she's got a whole book on delicious avocado recipes!

Bean :lol:
22 Jan 2014, 15:41
Savoury: Baked avocados. Here is a good recipe: http://wellnessmama.com/5637/avocado-breakfast-bake/

Sweet: Avocado Chocolate Mousse

Ingredients:
1 avocado
2 tablespoons of cacao
2 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup

Action:
1. Either blend all ingredients in a food processor and make it smooth and creamy OR mash the avocado with a fork in a bowl
2. Add cacao and honey. Taste it, add more cacao if you want it more chocolate and more honey if you want it sweeter!
22 Jan 2014, 16:54
nursebean wrote: Ooh ask @Callyanna I think she's got a whole book on delicious avocado recipes!

Bean :lol:

oh you naughty Bean you!! :grin: :razz:
22 Jan 2014, 17:23
Ooh do tell Cally :)
22 Jan 2014, 18:43
Muftanza wrote: Ooh do tell Cally :)

Sorry to disappoint you Muftanza but nursebean is pulling my leg as I think she recalls me posting about my aversion to avocados! I know how good and healthy they are but just can't face tasting one for some reason. Went for a Mexican meal yesterday and had girded my loins to have a go in anticipation of guacamole being served, but it wasn't with the dishes we ordered so I've had a reprieve! :oops:
22 Jan 2014, 19:20
Sorry about that @Callyanna couldn't resist!

Bean :bugeyes:
22 Jan 2014, 19:26
Lol Bean, with your avatar snickering away like that ... I can see you laughing and snickering at drawing Callyanna into the avocado thread, naughty, funny girl! :lol:
22 Jan 2014, 19:34
nursebean wrote: Sorry about that @Callyanna couldn't resist!

Bean :bugeyes:

You are such a little tinker...(or should that be tonkah? bean!) BOOM! BOOM! :wink:
22 Jan 2014, 19:54
Tee hee! Another Bean! Better than a bile bean, though...there I draw the line!

Bean :geek:
22 Jan 2014, 19:56
Tee hee! Another Bean! Better than a bile bean, though...there I draw the line!

Bean :geek:
22 Jan 2014, 20:00
Sometimes I just dollop a really lovely mayonnaise into 1/2 a perfect avocado, a grind of pepper and I just eat it. Avocado heaven is also as I first was introduced by my folks a squeeze of lemon juice and mashed then spread on a São cracker. Absolutely beautiful paired up with large shelled tiger prawns
14 posts Page 1 of 1