The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

28 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: cheesecake recipe, bump!!
27 Sep 2013, 06:19
angie090465 wrote: thank you all so much!

it really is easy to make, am no expert or anything, I think the trick is to whisk everything really well, put the ingredients in the order of the recipe, and you can add any fruit you like, but I think dried fruits work much better, the cherries on that pic are sainsburys ones and they were yummy,baked really well! the fresh fruits on the other hand tend to weigh down the cake...but still tastes lovely lol!
anyway, enough of all that, here is the recipe!

30 minutes to prepare
55 minutes to bake (give or take a little longer, when the top is browning take the cake out and cut through the middle with knife, should come out dry)

Ingredients ( 8 people roughly)

For the base:

250g digestives, you can use lower fat ones, I did and its great!
125 melted butter
1/2 nutmeg, grated, if you like it

Filling:

500g Quark cheese, vanilla or lemon, or natural depending on taste and fruit you want to use
150g sugar ,I use half spoon :-)
2 tablespoons plain flour
3 eggs
250g pot of crème fraiche ( again here you can use the lower fat if you wish)
flavouring of choice, such as vanilla extract or lemon zest

To prepare:

1) pre heat oven 180c, line a 23cm /9 inches tin with removable base with baking paper

2) Crush the biscuits, (I put them in a bag and use a heavy tin lol) then mix them with the melted butter and line on tin base evenly with the back of a spoon and put in the fridge whilst you are preparing the filling

3) In a large mixing bowl, whip the quark cheese till smooth, then add the sugar and the flour,then the eggs one at a time. Now add the crème fraiche and fruits/flavouring of your choice.

4) Take tin out of fridge and pour in the mixture,if there is surplus remove it or it might burn.

Bake for about an hour,untill firm to the touch but do the knife test

leave to cool down and refrigerate until nice and cold, and don't take out of the tin until then!

Place on a serving plate and enjoy! :-)

Hope that is not too complicated but I promise you its the easiest cake I have ever made lol

Angie xx
Angie you missed out the eggs in the ingredients list. :bugeyes:
Oooh how lovely!
Thks for the recipe ! X
@angie090465, please tell us how many eggs?
ouch !

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry lol

doh me, its 3 eggs!!!! medium size are fine, apologies!!

Angie xxxxxxxx
YUM! I love cheesecake as well. SO GOOD, yours looks amazing!
dhana wrote: Eggzactly the info. we needed! Uneouf already!

Brilliant lol :grin: :victory:
I made this Baked Cheesecake called Choc Moo last weekend and i tell you what its the best ever.
mind you mine loooked nothing like the picture in the link below but it was absolutely positively the best best.
we fought over it. and i must admit last Sunday is our fast day here and we both looked at each other and what the heck had 2 pieces. Yes it brought be over 500 calories but i guess 5:2 can be flexible.

Took 3 hours to prepare (i made my own condensed milk but you can skip this and buy it), my own chocolate ganache balls dropped in the centre, and the amazing chocolate oreo biscuit base. Took 1 hour to bake, 7 hours to set in the fridge and about 1 minute in the mouth. It cracked a little but who cares, it tasted amazeballs

Even took photos of the process. i must start that food blog of mine one day

the recipe.

http://www.sbs.com.au/shows/destination ... cipe/19573
wow!!!
that looks divine Juliana!! going to look at recipe right now, i want to make it, i love chocolate!!
thank you!!!!!

:-)
Looks yummy! I'm fasting today and wish I had not seen it though!
angie090465 wrote: wow!!!
that looks divine Juliana!! going to look at recipe right now, i want to make it, i love chocolate!!
thank you!!!!!

:-)

Its worth the time. as mentioned in the recipe, if you want to save an hour, then buy packaged condensed milk. The recipe is from an article about a dairy farm famous in Japan for its cheesecake, and their main and unique ingredient that it boasts is milk, hence the going from scratch here. Not having made it other than the way i did i dont know if it makes a diff. I find if i bake i like to do things the longer way anyway

Honestly the chocolate taste is divine!

oops sorry this post should have a "spoiler" warning for people on fasts. lol
28 posts Page 2 of 2