The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

27 posts Page 2 of 2
Thanks TML! Great idea!
Oregano and cumin sounds perfect, my only worry is if the saltiness of bacon with the dry pork may not work, you need to send me your sausage hahaha
Just go to Marks and Spencer and get some low fat pork sausages. What I use is a substitute for them, I would use the british ones if I could.
... There's nothing like a British sausage! :grin:
Perhaps we ought to start a sausage thread :shock: :razz: :shock: :wink:

PS that bacon sarnie I had this morning was lovely - just what I needed after yesterday's fast and the resulting headache :grin: :grin: :wink: might try a sausage bap next time :shock:
Hmmmm cous cous pasta with butternut sauce, is not the same as M&S sausage mixed with pasta, cheddar and butternut squash. Sounds sloppy :smile: for me the idea of cous cous mixed with pasta and a butternut squash sauce sounded really good and a big plus with the minced pork with herbs and spices covered in the butternut sauce. I was hoping for a separate sauce that could be mixed in on it's own with sage or as a sauce with pork or pasta. Please just tell me to shut up, I can make a dinner out of a tin peas, chicken brain and what ever you can find as long as I have cream, butter, garlic, onion and wine or chilli and lime but a really hot chilli if using chicken brains hahahaha I'm on a mission now to make a butternut squash sauce, to go with your cous cous pork pasta :smile:
Great! A cook-off!!! Photos please!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shame we can't do a Masterchef type taste test!!
Hahahahahahahahaha silverdarling FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT, A mince fight, my neighbour would of won the mincey fight though, I'd have no hair left but some nice blusher and perfect eyebrows :smile:
Chipmunk, shut up. A british sausage will be better than the Greek for this recipe. The only problem is if you can't get the cous cous pasta. If you can do that, use pork sausage (low fat would be my choice) and it will be divine!

The butternut sauce is dead easy, it's like making mashed tatties.
Oh pennyforthem - I'd love to hear more about that butternut tagine!! Do you mind sharing the recipe?
Will do, Tracy - it's my receipe, so no copyright rules.
Give me a couple of hours to have our evening meal (salad!) and clear away, then I'll post it for you x
Had to have salad tonight - at least it was salad Nicoise!

Tracieknits, posted your recipe in the recipes forum x
Yum, yum!
Really looking forward to the pumpkin / squash days in fal & winter again :))
27 posts Page 2 of 2