The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

13 posts Page 1 of 1
GBBO BBC2 20:00 tonight
20 Aug 2013, 18:53
Best British Baking programme ever. So excited!! Can't wait to see who will be this years star. Who's with me?
Re: GBBO BBC2 20:00 tonight
20 Aug 2013, 19:01
Hi Wendy

Going to watch it lol, i love baking and my speciality is cheesecakes :-)
May the best win!
20 Aug 2013, 19:04
Watching at the end of a Fast day *sigh*
20 Aug 2013, 19:06
Ouch :-(
Tomorrow almost here though! :-)
20 Aug 2013, 19:15
Oh Sian, bad timing. Make something nice at the weekend :like:

Angie, put some of your favourite recipes on here. Enjoy the show :smile:
20 Aug 2013, 19:23
Avid watcher here! watching on my laptop....
20 Aug 2013, 19:44
:heart: Mary Berry :smile:
20 Aug 2013, 20:57
We just watched it. :like:
Seem like a great bunch of people - I usually have at least one that I love to hate, but can't see one this time. Coo, and what about all those cut fingers and thumbs?! Nerves getting the better of several contestants.
:heart: I love this programme even though I hardly ever bake or eat cake! :lol:
20 Aug 2013, 21:00
Hi Wendy!

I did post a few pics a couple of weeks ago with my recipe which is very easy to make!
I think its on another thread, but its there!
Will try and find it lol
Back in a mo :-)
20 Aug 2013, 21:18
Oh I remember now Angie, I did see it. I love baking at weekends when and if I get time. Mostly bread and cakes
21 Aug 2013, 05:55
Love it too! Some great cakes last night. I love to bake but nothing too complicated. Muffins and rock buns with my wee girl who's 5. Wish I had more time to bake more. Any simple / quick recipes would be welcome folks :)
21 Aug 2013, 05:59
Wendy Darling wrote: Best British Baking programme ever. So excited!! Can't wait to see who will be this years star. Who's with me?

We are in the throes of 'The Great Austrialian Bake Off' brand new programme, the judge Patricia Vincent is a cold icy lady, and her look could cut you in half. I love the show though. Makes me want to bake.
21 Aug 2013, 16:00
I love Bake Off!! Of course it was a fast day yesterday but I still enjoyed watching it - made me immediately want to start baking lots of cakes. I'm fasting tomorrow on a day off and am seriously considering swapping to Friday just so I can bake something and lick the bowl out!! I can't do all the fancy icing though - I can't be faffed with it. I tend towards what I call 'man cake' - anything without lots of buttercream like ginger cake, loaf cakes, apple cake. Brown cake that blokes like that will fortify you on a long walk!

It was a great start to the series, shame to have lost the posh chap so soon I thought he could have been a good one to watch. There was a fellow who was quite shouty who might turn out to be irritating but we'll see.
13 posts Page 1 of 1