The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

5 posts Page 1 of 1
I made these for a New Year's Eve starter and they were so delicious I felt I needed to share! They're not low calorie but they are not too bad carb-wise.

Goats cheese tartlets.jpg
Goats cheese tartlets.jpg (25.21 KiB) Viewed 893 times

Makes 27

Ingredients:
6 sheets filo/phyllo pastry
100g melted butter
500g goat's cheese
1 jar green pesto
27 cherry or baby plum tomatoes
Ground black pepper

Pre-heat the oven to 200C, find a 9 or 12 hole bun tin (you know, the kind you bake small cupcakes in) or preferably two tins.

Take a sheet of filo pastry, lay it out on your work surface and brush lightly with melted butter, fold in half so you have a roughly square piece of pastry, brush with melted butter. Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut into 9 squares. Take each square and use them, butter side down, to line the cupcake tin holes. Butter a second sheet of filo as above and add a second square of pastry to each cupcake (again, butter side down), but at a slight angle so you get a flower shape.

Fill each tartlet with around 15-20g of goat's cheese, a teaspoon of pesto and one cherry tomato quartered (in that order). Brush the leaves of the flower with melted butter. Grind some black pepper over the tartlets.

Bake for about 7 mins.

Repeat twice more (i.e., using 6 sheets of filo).

Nutrition Facts according to the Calorie Count recipe analyser:
Serving Size 156 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 155
Calories from Fat 100
Total Fat 11.1g
Sodium 185mg
Total Carbohydrates 8.9g
Sugars 4.4g
Fibre 1.7g
Protein 6.1g
They look delish. Thanks for sharing. Am bookmarking this!
:heart: Mmmmmm Caroline they look really nice another great starter to bookmark from this forum boy are my recipes building up :heart: Many Thanks :heart:
:heart: Hi @carorees Wow thank you for this recipe earlier in the year and I made these yesterday and used caramelised red onion to top with served with a chilli + ginger chutney
( shop bought ) Well I'm waiting for a similar recipe and chilli jam recipe from @PennyForthem Good job I'm a patient person most of the time. :heart:
@sue.q sorry, but 'cos my chilli jam is an award winner, hope you understand if I don't give the recipe out.
Here's another good one though - and you can leave out the lemon grass etc if you want

http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/c ... ass-recipe
5 posts Page 1 of 1