The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

16 posts Page 1 of 2
For example

- eating your kids' leftovers off their tea plates (because there are no calories in food that was going to go in the bin)

- picking at chips off OH's plate in a restaurant (because there are no calories in food you didn't order)

and my personal favourite

- only eating the broken biscuits/cookies in the tim (because the calories seeped out when they were broken, though this doesn't work if you actually SHOOK it he tin).

What ways do you have to avoid calorie liability?
1: We don't have kids, only 2 cats, and I don't fancy THEIR leftovers :sick:
2: We have not been out anywhere for lunch or dinner since the 1st July when we started :shutmouth:
3: We don't buy biscuits because the temptation to scoff the lot is too great :-P

So far, so good. We are actually being REALLY good, I'm quite impressed with us!
You've disappointed me Mummybunny - my husband has always told me if you break a biscuit then all the calories fall out - didn't realise if they were deliberately broken this didn't work .... :wink:
I used to eat standing up, because the calories don't count if you don't sit and eat a meal. Had to stop that.

I never eat off of someone else's plate while they are still eating, now while clearing the plate from the table is a different story. So I taught the kiddos to take their plates to the dishwasher (scraping first) as soon as they could walk! DH does the same.

I can't buy cookies, crackers, chips whatever that can come out of the package broken, because yes I will eat the broken ones.
There is no calories in kids leftovers, especially my child as the plate is empty, sometimes we have to bargain with her to get a nibble of her food hahaha
If you eat dark or milk chocolate with white chocolate they cancel each other out = zero calories :)
I don't do any of these things and I never got why parents eat their kids' leftovers. When they are babies, their leftovers are disgusting and when they are older... well... all the kids I know are like Chimpmunks's daughter. ;-)

I think that the only calories I overeat are when I taste the food I cook. But I can't cook without tasting since I never follow recipes.
My daughter has a good palette and loves lobster, mussel's, fillet steak, feta cheese, Parmesan, Parma ham, olives ect ect so I do like to hang around her plate but she only shares when she has a new flavour to test, other then that she will eat it all up and still be as skinny as a rake :smile: she is just 7 years old and when we go out to eat she turns her nose up at the kids menu and orders from the normal menu, I don't blame her though as kids menus are always chips with something boring, why eat a chicken nugget when you have avocado's, tomatoes or all the other lovely colourful foods.
I'm pretty sure that if you buy a choc top ice cream at the movies it's actually part of the entertainment so the calories don't count ...
Licking the bowl when I'm making banana bread. No calories as the dough hasn't been baked yet. I could be making a mistake here.
Chipmunkcheeks, I was like your daughter. I ate caviar when I was 2-years old. As soon as I started eating regular food, there was never separate food for me on the table, nor I was eating at different hours than my parents.
When I was growing up here in Greece there was no such thing as a kid's menu. But when we were visiting England, IF there was sausage in the kid's menu then I had that. I loved feeling "special" and I loved British sausages. :-)
Everything comes back to sausages LOL! Love it! (And sauages!)

Re thread - every titbit and biscuit, cake and scone offered by your mates at work. Of course they don't count ... :grin: :lol: :shock: :confused: :wink:
I go with the eating standing up or moving around while chewing rule! It can't count can it as you are expending calories moving whilst chewing? :grin:
Some really good tips for avoiding calorie liability - I shall have to write them down and add them to my list!

JacquiA, I thought I had heard somewhere you couldn't have a hand in breaking the cookies (though handing the tin to your 3 year-old toddler and letting them pretend it's a giant rattle wouldn't fall in that category). But your husband could very well be better informed than I am. I am very happy to adopt his view.
16 posts Page 1 of 2