The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

16 posts Page 1 of 2
I bought this tin this morning thinking it would make a nice change from a round one :grin:
Actually, that's not entirely true, yesterday afternoon i prepared a cheesecake, all ready to go in the oven, then disaster struck :curse: the loose base fell off and the mixture went everywhere..even in the mop bucket :cry: it was one hell of a mess!!!!!!!!!! my fault because i put the base the wrong way grrrrrrr

so i thought i am not going to tempt fate again and buy a nice safe tin :lol: :wink: and voila!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my word Angie! I'm sorry, I really don't care what the shape is...that looks absolutely delishous. Can I have a piece please, blow my chocolate abstinence!

Bean :starving:
I like it! Square cheesecake is cool!
Sorry about yr disaster yesterday after all yr hard work!
Big slice for me please ange xxx! :lol:

Ps good to see you on here..how you feeling? Sending hugs x
image.jpg
(23.36 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
Coming right up for both of you :-) xx

Thank you for the hugs Candice :heart: i am doing ok, step by step as they say!! :wink: :smile:
Any chance of the recipe as well need to make a dessert in the next couple of days for a get together and I have the chocolate and your cheese cake looks like just what I ought to make

Thanks in anticipation
Hi Gillymary!

I posted the recipe for this a while ago, give ma a minute and i'll find it for you! :-) x
I'm a bit scared of the baked cheesecakes. I've only ever done the cream cheese ones.

Told you @nursebean I only ever cook what I can cook!
Best thing I did master was panacotta with blackberry coulis. Lush.
gillymary wrote: Any chance of the recipe as well need to make a dessert in the next couple of days for a get together and I have the chocolate and your cheese cake looks like just what I ought to make

Thanks in anticipation

Gillymary,

If you srcoll all the way down this page there is another post from me " cranberry cheesecake" clilck on that and on that thread Betsy posted the link to the recipe, hope you find it, let me know!
I seem to remember i had forgotten to say how many eggs were needed lol, its 3 :grin: i made with cherries, dried ones from Sainsburys, really good quality, but you can make it plain, vanilla, lemon etc... Enjoy!! Xx :grin:
carieoates wrote: I'm a bit scared of the baked cheesecakes. I've only ever done the cream cheese ones.

Told you @nursebean I only ever cook what I can cook!
Best thing I did master was panacotta with blackberry coulis. Lush.

Caroline why are you scared lol? They are delicious :grin: they do take just a little over an hour to cook but are the easiest things to prepare!!
I use quark cheese and creme fraiche, never done the cream cheese ones, might give that a go :like:
Here is the link Angie thanks so much will give you feedback

Here is the link and NB: 3 eggs to be added

foodies-f31/cheesecake-cherry-strawberry-and-today-blueberries-t7486.html
Yum Angie! I made a cheesecake too yesterday with raspberries and blueberries ( the baked cream cheese type). I asked hubs what his favorite cake was ( his birthday tomorrow) assuming he would say pavlova as that's what I usually buy him from Woolworths for $16 for his birthday cake (lazy) and he said ' baked cheesecake' ( my favorite too) you think after 23 years of marriage I would have thought to ask him what his favorite cake was?? You live and learn. :cake: :cake: :cake:
Xxx julianna
Hi Julianna!!

I love cheesecake lol, and the ones baked are my favourite and when homemade they taste so good!! I did make one with raspberries and blueberries too a while ago, I found the blueberries were a bit heavy, how about you?
Woolworths went bust here in the UK some time ago, so its lovely to see the name pop up lol... awwww happy birthday to your hubs lol, hope he enjoys his cheesecake!!!!!!
have a fab day xxxxxxxx
I miss Woolworths @angie090465 or " Woolies" as we always called it..so i agree,it's always nice to see the name mentioned on here
Do they do Pick n Mix still,@julianna?
In the uk,they used to sell cakes and biscuits,but not since the sixties/ seventies My friend got sacked from her Saturday job there because she kept eating the biscuits!
They used to sell quite nice childrenswear,Ladybird brand
Gosh i could talk about Woolies for hours,i loved that shop as a child and as an adult! X
I loved Woolies too CandiceMarie ( although I think the Aussie one is a supermarket chain? and not connected to the British store). I remember saving my pocket money to buy my mum 'California Poppy' or 'Soir de Paris' perfumes there, can still picture the bottles and smell their overpowering sweetness even now!
@callyanna oh yes i remember Californian Poppy! And also Dreamflower talc which was lovely.
In the eighties i bought a little box for about 50 p which contained everything you could need for picture hanging! And ditto a little box with all things related to curtain hanging!
Have just ordered more pic hanging stuff from Ebay as sadly my little Woolies box is getting depleted! X still lots in the curtain tin!
16 posts Page 1 of 2