The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

15 posts Page 1 of 1
If you like potatoes dauphinoise, the chances are you'll also like these. They are cooked the same way, but just in stock rather than milk/cream/cheese.

http://imcountingufoz.com/recipes/ooh-l ... atoes-3278
We love them! My younger son is a chef and they were one of fhe first recipes he brought home from college. Useful because you can leave them in the bottom of the oven to do their own thing while you cook other stuff.
OMG those sound amazing!!!
They are one of my favourite potato dishes, wonderful also if you use some celeriac in with the spuds.
Echo all of the above. Cover with foil and pop in the heat of the barbe when you've finished the 'main even'.
Looks jolly ood, have sent it too hubby (since he does all the cooking) :wink:
Thank-you I'm going to try them at weekend, because I'm being very good until Fridays weigh-in but they do look yummy :heart: Sue
I bet they do well in a slow cooker as well. Less liquid in the stock though. I may change tomorrows menu after seeing tis.
Ooohhh they sound delish. Think I will be doing them tomorrow with the roast chicken......nom nom nom
Oh used to do this dish all the time but have got out of the way of it for a while. Yum looked good with the greens and sausages so will have to make again and follow your recipe imcountingufoz thanks
I haven't made these for ages! Thanks for reminding me :smile:
I made them a few months ago - they are really good, and I plan to make them again as the weather cools down. Of course superskinny 12 year old boy definitely prefers dauphinoise with the heavy cream, so I may make individual gratins of these for the adults, and full fat for the skinny boy
Woo! Just seen all these comments. Winsome, the celeriac idea is GENIUS! I am going to hunt one down to try it.

I
This recipe is an old favourite - I smiled at your explanation of the name, because when I first cooked them, courtesy of Elizabeth David, I was living in Algeria, and I actually did take them along to the local baker who popped them into his oven. :smile:
I love these too....discovered them years ago thanks to my food heroine Delia. the celeriac idea sounds fab. Have u mixed sweet & ordinary potatoes in urs Imcounting? Can see some orangey slices in ur pic ....
15 posts Page 1 of 1