The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

5 posts Page 1 of 1
I along with many others have found that my eating habits have gradually, without fuss or fanfare changed for the better. As an example I have just heard the icecream van come down our street and didn't bat an eyelid, even though its a fast day. Why you ask? It's mainly because yesterday I went to a local food festival and had one of the most exceptional icecream's I have ever tasted, in fact it was so good I had two cones.

I had a 'salted peanut' flavour full on cream ice cream. It had a little taster and the flavour just exploded in my mouth, it was utterly gorgeous. After tasting that and today's chance of an insipid, swirled, artificial flavour, preservative packed dollop from the ice cream van holds no temptation for me.

I also had a minted lamb burger at a stall, where the lambs were older before slaughter so giving the meat and exceptional flavour. Again, I don't think I'll be buying a McDonalds again without dreaming of what I could or should be eating instead.

So what have you eaten lately that has changed your way of eating or the quality of food you now consume. :?:
Raw beet root - it's sweet and very nice.
I always thought beetroot was yack! Or tasted of vinegar!

But had it in a recipe and it blew my taste buds always.
I do however cook with it, when I am doing a selection of dry roasted vegetables, always sliced or small chop it up.

:smile:
I've started getting a fruit and veg box from Abel and Cole every Friday. The produce is soooo delicious and soooo superior to what I had been eating that it is a real treat. I'm also growing some veg this year and my strawberries have just started ripening. It's been many years since I considered really good fruit and veg a treat, but this WOE has brought me back to the pleasures of really good food. :)
Stir fry veg, (water chestnuts, bamboo shoots etc) on my fast days, usually for dinner with baked salmon, absolutely divine :grin: . I'd never really tried home cooked stir fry before , no idea why, but now I absolutely love it.
Home made stir fry is so much better - total agreement! I use coconut oil for mine and with the addition of greek or holy basil it smells highly aromatic and tastes divine. I usually have it with salmon too, or tiny melt in the mouth squid and it makes the fast so much easier knowing there is a taste sensation waiting! Had fresh crab out of the shell last week with asparagus and baby Ayrshire new potatoes, tasted like manna from heaven!
5 posts Page 1 of 1