The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Was bored
20 Sep 2013, 15:38
image.jpg
Was bored
Made this cake as have loads of eggs from our chooks. But alas I cannot have any today.
Re: Was bored
20 Sep 2013, 15:41
Hi :heart: well its a fastday for me also but I think I'd have cut into that lovely looking cake by now :heart: :heart: :heart:
Chocolate as well I can almost smell it from here :heart: Sue :heart:
20 Sep 2013, 15:42
We do that when we have loads of eggs as well! Only have 2 chickens at the mo so not really a problem, need to increase the flock! :wink:
20 Sep 2013, 16:01
Mmm that looks delish!
If you cant have some today there is always tomorrow! :razz:
20 Sep 2013, 16:14
What are you doing to me!!!!!!!!! lol it's my 3rd fastday and I'm really feeling it for the first time. Roll on tomorrow, this has been a hard one for me. :(
Enjoy your cake (tomorrow) it looks lovely. :)
20 Sep 2013, 17:51
Thanks guys. I do a lot of cooking and fast days included. I tend to make things for the next day. Eg shepherds pies, lasagnes, soups. But today it was a chocolate cake. My son and his girlfriend have tested it and said it's ok.
We have two hens also. Had them a year now, so haven't bought a single egg since New Year's Day when they started laying.
21 Sep 2013, 00:21
Lucky you to be able to have hens. Alas I cannot. I have discovered cake in a mug. Its a fantastic idea to have some cake but no leftovers. Mix one box of your favorite flavor and one box of Angelfood. Keep in an airtight container for later use. Put 1/3 cup of mix in mug with 2T water. Mic for 1 minute. Cake no oil no egg!
21 Sep 2013, 04:33
I :heart: :cake:
21 Sep 2013, 14:37
It was very nice. BTW my son said its a really nice cake mum, but there's not enough icing inside. Ho hum....back handed compliment. I will take that as good then.
9 posts Page 1 of 1