The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

43 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: What are you eating today ?
13 Feb 2014, 13:29
Totally fell of the wagon and had a "semla" (typical Swedish pastry for this time of the year) along with a cup of machiato. Now I have painted myself into the "can't have any dinner" corner :shock:
13 Feb 2014, 14:36
Looked to see what a semla is and....I would fell off the wagon as well. It looks so good :grin:
13 Feb 2014, 14:51
:heart: Yes Manderley I had to look it up and @Wolfie it looks wonderful I could just eat one myself. :heart:

Fastday for me with drinks only all day on the menu tonight
Homemade carrot and coriander soup.
Cajun spiced small chicken breast with a massive salad.
Yes @Manderley I'm freezing cold its soaking wet everywhere and I'm still having my salads I can't really believe it myself but when it has the desired results I don't mind will see what tomorrow's weigh-in says :heart:
13 Feb 2014, 15:40
Semlor is goooood :heart: but you don't eat more than one in one go. Of the regular ones that is. Eating semla on a suposed fast day is -stupid? Gluttonous? Luxurious?Nowadays you can get the mini ones (how fun is that?), ones made with flaky pastry or some other strange abbreviations... But to me a semla is a semla :grin:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semla
There is more to eat in Sweden than pickled herring and gravad lax :wink:
14 Feb 2014, 10:10
For lunch I'll have a mixture of vegs, fish and pastas with a bit of cream sauce

Tonight I have absolutely no idea what to eat....I may make sardines rillettes with veg salad, not sure yet.

@Sue.Q It's a question of taste, I don't judge you, promise :grin:
For me I can't have a cold only meal on fast days as I am already freezing cold. My obsession is with soups, all kind of soups. Chinese, fish, vegs, homemade most of the time, and I eat or drink about 1l those days....
14 Feb 2014, 10:22
Oh yum. Just looked up the semla too, must make those!!!
14 Feb 2014, 10:36
14 Feb 2014, 10:45
Oh stop it!!!!
14 Feb 2014, 10:51
Fasting today. Hairy dieters chicken korma (294 cals) with cauliflower rice and something green. Am going to try out Breadandwine's naan breads for the others, so hope to have a few calories for a taste.
15 Feb 2014, 10:21
A lot to do today so fasting in a way. I am preparing a cauliflower soup in the slow cooker. A basic recipe, cauliflower (of course), chicken stock on slow and in 4 hours I 'll add the cheddar.

After reading different posts, I decided to try braised chorizo as it goes great with cauliflower. I found this recipe that I'll change a little
http://www.thenovicechefblog.com/2013/03/red-wine-braised-chorizo/

For the sweet note, I'll have some pineapple
16 Feb 2014, 10:00
I add some lentils to the cauli yesterday and it made a nice filling chunky soup. The chorizo was amazing, it really was a nice surprise.

Today I have no idea what's in store for lunch as I don't eat at home but tonight I know it will be homemade boston baked beans with this recipe

http://andreasrecipes.com/slow-cooker-boston-baked-beans-kids-cook-monday/

The slow cooker is already on :wink:
18 Feb 2014, 09:04
Still need some ideas...

I was suppose to fast today but,as I woke up at 3:30AM, I prefer push is to tomorrow to fast in better conditions

Now I have a dilemna, to have quinoa for lunch as it's packed with proteins, good for me and everything, except I have no clue what to do with it. I can't eat it on my own, can I ?
18 Feb 2014, 11:17
I sometimes use quinoa instead of rice or noodles with Stirfry veggies. Or in a salad. I have also used it as a porridge.
I had lunch with my parents today and my Father cooked. First time in my 50 years I have had a meal cooked by him as mum used to do all the cooking. He did a pretty good job too.
43 posts Page 3 of 3