The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

204 posts Page 6 of 14
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14 Next
Re: June Solstice Challenge
12 May 2017, 12:15
I'm still here! I didn't do well at all with my fast day yesterday, so I'm going to try to atone today. At least I got my 10K steps in. I had to bribe myself with a glass of wine, but I managed it >.< LOL

My official weigh in at ww said I was down 0.4, which is better than I expected.

Today's plan: sushi rolls for lunch. Then I have to bake cookies for my mother for Mother's day (budget busted by trip to Paris, so homemade gift it is). Hopefully, I can manage to get them baked and packaged up without too much damage to my diet. I've logged ONE cookie, and I hope to stick to that.
14 May 2017, 11:24
Reporting in after my usual Sunday weigh-in. I am disappointed with myself because, despite two good fast days, I have eaten too much rubbish on some of the other days - resulting in no loss this week! Still 153 pounds, @cblasz, so no stars for me this week! :frown:

I have only myself to blame because I know that if I have crisps, chocolate and cake in the house, on a weak day, I just can't help but eat them - so why did I buy them? !!!!! They are all gone now, so back on the straight and narrow! It is only nine and a half weeks until our month long holiday in Canada, including a week-long cruise in Alaska (I know that's not Canada!) and I need to be able to get into my evening-wear clothes. At the moment they are rather on the tight side, to say the least! :cry: In addition, before that, in June I have a week in Belgium looking after granddaughters, so goodness knows what that will do to my weight!

Whinge over! Sensible eating today and I will not be opening a bottle of wine to have with dinner because it weakens my will power, leading to over-indulgence! :angel:
14 May 2017, 14:35
Have now lost the modest challenge of six pounds i set myself,so will keep going,see if can lose a bit more before Solstice swings by
@stowgateresident yr holiday sounds so exciting! Wd love to see Canada,its top of my list for places i want to visit.
Will call back to catch up with everyones entries later xx hope all challengees are well and happy
And Happy Mothers Day to those in the States!!!!!!!!! XXXXXXXX
14 May 2017, 14:36
Have now lost the modest challenge of six pounds i set myself,so will keep going,see if can lose a bit more before Solstice swings by
@stowgateresident yr holiday sounds so exciting! Wd love to see Canada,its top of my list for places i want to visit.
Will call back to catch up with everyones entries later xx hope all challengees are well and happy
And Happy Mothers Day to those in the States!!!!!!!!! XXXXXXXX
14 May 2017, 22:15
Hi @CandiceMarie, it was Mothers Day in Australia too! And I had a very pleasant one. My sons took me and OH out for lunch, and gave me some plants for the garden. The best part was of course just having time together - I don't often see the son who has moved out of home.

Sounds like your challenge is going well, whereas some others of us are struggling s bit...! I managed a couple of days where I felt I only ate according to hunger, but on other days I ate for other reasons. Not huge overindulgence, but still more than I needed. But I did get back into my normal exercise regime, so that was good.

Wishing everyone a good week ahead! :clover: :clover: :clover:
15 May 2017, 02:39
I had some wins and losses with my challenge last week...

Wins:
2kg lost YAY! (~4lb)

Losses:
Didn't stick to 2 glasses of wine Friday and Sunday.
Went well over the calorie limit :cry: over the weekend, so I'm not sure if my 2kg win will stick.

Fasting today, Wednesday and Friday. Hoping to get back on track with the calories.
Feeling a bit down & out today - hopefully it will pass.

Good luck all - I see others have had good wins! Well done. :like:
15 May 2017, 12:29
I did two good fast last week, plenty of exercise, two alcohol-free days but the scales didn't budge, the same weight as the week before. :( I stayed away from the website, over indulged in food and wine from Friday-Sunday (like that would help, not) and only just got back online after a good fast today. Gym tomorrow am, meals planned for next couple of days, another fast this Thursday and fingers crossed for Friday.
15 May 2017, 19:51
Well it sounds like I am in the same boat as most here -- I really overate this weekend, including many of the wrong things. I am not sure why I just couldn't control myself!

I will weigh in on Wednesday, so we will see how that goes. I was super hungry today (not to mention had my mammogram and pap smear) so I treated myself to sushi -- not the worst treat in the world, and this particular sushi place uses the bare minimum of rice in their sushi rolls/maki. Dinner is mustard chicken with a large pile of green beans. Tomorrow is a planned fast day.

Congrats @CandiceMarie and @Wakki22 on your losses!
15 May 2017, 20:32
Looks like Mother's Day played havoc with everyone here, including this father!
Weigh in this week at 104.4kg which is down a 100 grams but not even worth converting to pounds. So @Cblasz, it's still 130lbs so no stars for me! :cry:
OOPS! Did I say, "130lbs"? Hahaha I wish! 230lbs.
I lost 100 lbs in a keystroke. Wish it was that easy in reality.
16 May 2017, 09:46
Hi everyone, I haven't forgotten about you. I'll be back soon to comment on all your gains and losses and give starts where applicable! Unfortunately, I'm up to my ears in both jobs and rather stressed. I'm doing my best to not stick to my plan. The scale was up a bit yesterday, but I had a lot of salt over the weekend. So I'm hoping it's back down a bit today.

Have a great day everyone!
16 May 2017, 13:05
My scales were up more than a bit today. I can't fully blame the salt yesterday, even though I did eat a lot of soy sauce with my sushi roll lunch. I have just had way too much sugar and alcohol this weekend. I've got to stop!!!
17 May 2017, 04:24
@Tracieknits I ate too much salt last night too! I went crazy over salting too much on the roasted kale (favourite food) thankfully my scale didn't move. I need to hydrate today especially as I'm fasting.

@cblasz-I hope your work doesn't keep you stressed :frown: I've learnt that stress makes weight loss all the more harder to do. Sending happy thoughts your way :smile:

Please give me another 3 stars when you have time (no hurry) I have managed to keep the second kg off which equates to 4lb!!!! So happy about that. :victory: :grin: :lol:
17 May 2017, 19:51
Oh wow @wakki22 a size 6? That will be wonderful,you can get back there! You are well on yr way! X
@cblasz hope the stress is lessening.??x
@wmr309 hope you get a whoosh!moment next time you get on the scales x
@tracieknits thanks for yr congrats ..keep onwards and downwards,ditto to@Fat_Teacherxx
@sassy1 sorry i Didnt realise it was Mums day in oz too,glad you enjoyed the company and the pressies! X
18 May 2017, 06:42
@CandiceMarie thank you so much! It was easier once when I had more weight to shift, but now its getting harder and I'm daunted by the idea of eating even less and not having as many nice things anymore or as often. Its definitely some sort of psychological shift I have to go through.

Your achievement of 6 pounds is awesome!!! Well done! Is that 6lb from the beginning of the challenge? That's impressive!
18 May 2017, 13:13
@CandiceMarie is an inspiration :-) She's still doing it and I know we all can do it too.

BruceE and I have been good about walking this week. For the last few days we've gotten out there and done two miles before he went to work. This is totally necessary as it's supposed to get to 92F/33C here today. Yuk!!
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14 Next
204 posts Page 6 of 14