The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

204 posts Page 7 of 14
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14 Next
Re: June Solstice Challenge
21 May 2017, 10:24
Hello all! Just checking in after my usual Sunday weigh-in. After a couple of weeks where my weight was very reluctant to move I am pleased to say that I weighed in this morning at 150.7 pounds. :victory: That is a loss of 5.3 pounds since I started the June Solstice Challenge and a loss of 2.3 pounds since last week, so two and a half stars please @cblasz! if you can't do halves then just two will do!

I have managed this by being much more careful about not indulging too much on non-fast days and I have had no alcohol because that just leads to over-eating - as my willpower flies out of the window! It will be interesting to see if I can maintain this regime over a weekend away! :frown:

:clover: Good luck to my fellow Challengers. It's gone awfully quiet in here so I hope that you are still on track? :clover:
21 May 2017, 13:34
Hi Everyone!

I'm back. I made it through last week and I'm done with my 2nd job for the summer now. It will still be crazy at my first job until the end of the year, but at least I have my weekends back! I definitely went off my plan a little bit last week, but I didn't completely go off the deep end. Still pretty sure I won't have lost anything when I weigh myself tomorrow and might even have to remove a star. But I'm ready to get back on track with gusto this week!

I have updated the stars. If there are any mistakes, let me know!

Congratulations to those of you who have had some great losses: @StowgateResident, @CandiceMarie@wakki22 - you are very inspiring!!

How are you doing @nursebean, @rawkaren and @MaryAnn? You've been quiet!

Everyone else keep plugging along, we will get there eventually! We still have a month left!
22 May 2017, 01:46
@cblasz Thank you! But I think I'll need to update you tomorrow.... this morning my weight went up back to what it was.... I dont know why - I'm presuming it was because I had a few drinks and went about 2000 cals too much over the course of the last 2 days???
I'd be devastated if it stays up.

@StowgateResident Well done on your 5.3 pounds loss!!! That's awesome!
I think I need to ditch the alcohol again... at least till the end of my challenge....
22 May 2017, 08:39
Thank you for your kind comments @cblasz and @wakki22. I am not expecting much, or even any, loss for this week - as so often happens after a good week but even five pounds has made a difference to how my clothes feel so that is worth hanging on to! :smile:

Yesterday was rather a high carb 'breakout' day, so the scales are a little higher this morning but I know that is only temporary fluid so I am not fretting about it. A good fasting day today will sort that out.

Good luck to everyone. Onwards and downwards!
22 May 2017, 10:37
Well, I faced the scale today and sadly I had to take 2 stars away from myself. :cry:
But, I'm not giving up. We have about 4 weeks left, I just need to lose 2 lbs each week, totally doable right?? :lol:
I guess it is possible. I'm going to do my best and hope to at least get close.
These will be a busy 4 weeks, but maybe that will help keep me from eating!

Good luck this week, everyone!
22 May 2017, 12:00
Well sadly I'm in the same boat as @Cblasz, although I'd rather be in @StowegateResident's boat LOL. I didn't misbehave (much) and I got my walking in -- I should have shown a loss this week.

I suspect my thryoid might still be dying. I'll have a blood test in a few weeks to check it. It has been expected to die after my ablation a couple of years ago, and back in March it was low, so they started me on a low dose of levothyroxin. There's a chance that the dose needs to increase. Dieting in order to maintain is a bummer.
22 May 2017, 14:59
cblasz wrote: Hi Everyone!

How are you doing @nursebean, @rawkaren and @MaryAnn? You've been quiet!

Everyone else keep plugging along, we will get there eventually! We still have a month left!

I've been very naughty and not getting into the swing of things at all (except exercise, sorta). I'm hoping the next month goes better. I don't dare get near a scale...
22 May 2017, 22:01
Wow. Looks like another slow week for everyone except for the champion,@StowgateResident.
I am in at 103.6kg today (228.4lbs) so I seem to be losing on the fortnight.
Wife and son are taking me to the gym tonight. Let's see if that moves things along.
23 May 2017, 10:27
@Fat_Teacher - according to my calculations you are down 7 lbs. that's awesome! I'm sure the gym can help add to that!

@MaryAnn - maybe you can start with one step - maybe one fast or eating windows a few days or drinking more water or one thing that you think you can do to get things going!
23 May 2017, 19:24
cblasz wrote: @MaryAnn - maybe you can start with one step - maybe one fast or eating windows a few days or drinking more water or one thing that you think you can do to get things going!

Thanks, @cblasz! Believe it or not, I am doing 3 fasts a week. I'm not as strict as I should probably be given that I'm not just maintaining now, but my biggest problem is binging on non-fast days :-/ That could be my one thing: not binging on non-fast days!
24 May 2017, 01:09
@MaryAnn I totally get you- I was in that space about a month ago....Fasting window of 17hrs 5 days a week and binge-ing like crazy in the evenings. I figured in the end that I came out a winner because no weight was lost or gained.

@cblasz I thought I'd failed miserably, but I'm not sure how, magic?? I have dropped back to the weight I was before the weekend - so no change to stars...phew!! Glad to be back on track again.
25 May 2017, 18:37
I'm here. Not making any progress. sigh.
25 May 2017, 21:49
I lost a little bit this week (300gr) after two solid fasts but at least it's going down. Three more kilos to go before the end of June. Hard but not impossible, particularly since I've given myself an extension till end of July, before my sister arrives for a visit ;)
26 May 2017, 06:04
I'm here too....
I did try the dress I want to fit into by the end of June, and I can actually zip it up now so that is really good.
It seems like I have lost some fat around my waist, but my weight isn't changing which is odd - but it's good its not going up!!!

Maybe the focus should be on using the measuring tape rather than scale...

Only a few more hours left till I can eat- Yes! can't wait!!

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend!!!!
(I'm intending on being good, at least for the most part of it.)
27 May 2017, 12:43
I'm hanging in there, but it's been harder lately with all the end of year stress and temptations around, such as the donuts in the teacher's room yesterday morning. (yes I had one!) But, I'm doing my best now to just completely throw in the towel. It's a 3 day weekend here in the U.S. and trying to be good. I already fought the urge to have breakfast this morning. I'm meeting a friend for lunch, so once I leave the house I'll be fine! I plan to exercise all 3 days and be careful with my eating. Lunch today is the only real eating out plans I have, so that will help.

I'll check in with my weight on Monday! Hang in there everyone! Even if you aren't losing, hopefully you aren't gaining either!
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14 Next
204 posts Page 7 of 14