The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

127 posts Page 7 of 9
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Aww thanks so much @Hazelnut20, Sorry for using the 'F' word. I enjoyed my pat on back and whoop whooping-ness haha . Very wise words. I think you're right, my targets for the challenges used to be huge and I wouldn't even last a few weeks. Small targets are the answer, for me at least. I'm not really looking forward to this weeks weigh in as it is that time for me, may even have a gain, but I'm on my second fast of the week so I know I'm doing ok, even if the scale doesn't tell truth this week.
You are doing amazingly well Hazel, we WILL smash our targets on this challenge :) :clover:
I know exactly what you mean, JD...I can feel myself "taking on water" just like an old barge right now and I know it is going to skew the results next Monday. It's so very disheartening, isn't it? We put the same amount of effort in every week, yet the results come out differently because we're female......Out of order, I say!

You have my sympathies. Wish I could suggest something, but I'm afraid we all tend to measure our success by the dreaded scales. The funny thing is, though, when people see us, they take in our shape. They don't go around thinking "I reckon she's about 11 stone 4lbs" or whatever! So why do we get so hung up? The other thing to consider is....either we're committed to losing weight, or we're not. We can't afford to be de-railed just because our scales are fickle. Nope, we're on a mission...and we're not going to stop til we get there!

Keep the faith! Xx
Well said hazel, it really isn't on that we have it so much harder being women, but it is what it is and doesn't really matter or affect the end result. I know this time I will do this and live a healthier life for the rest of my life. I have actually been going through it a bit in the last few weeks. Things not easy at all at home at the moment and I've not come off plan once. I've had more stress than I've had in a long long time and still stuck with it. Normally, even a little of the stress I've had would have had me giving up. I know this is the time for me. I can and will do this. I am so committed to losing weight. This is the last time I will EVER be this big.
We could be twins @justdee!

As a classic comfort eater, I know no better than to reach for treats when I am feeling down or under stress. When I did my first successful stint at 5:2, I lost very nearly 4 stone, looked acceptable for my daughter's graduation.....but then I found that the rest of my life hadn't changed. Fat or thinner...it made no difference to my fundamental issues. As soon as I hit another bumpy patch, I threw the towel in...& gained it all back....with all the misery that entails - nothing fits, feeling second class etc.

I was discussing this with a friend a while back and she pointed out how silly it was to expect weightloss to fix your life. She also said that, given it can't, wouldn't it be better to have one less issue to deal with, by staying trim instead of constantly yo-yo-ing up & down. That struck a chord! Makes perfect sense to me....so despite the fact nothing else is changing currently, my weight and measurements certainly are....and that's enough for now.

Full marks to you for your resolve under difficult circumstances - I know how that feels and I know just what strength that takes, so please accept this pat on the back.....& keep up the good work JD! :like:
Hello challengers! How are you all doing today?

I had a good fast yesterday, but fear I am in a chacha loop. This is kind of what I expected for myself, as even over time it would be a pound up, a pound down, until my old low suddenly became my new high.

We have just over a couple of weeks to go. I am going to push, just to see where I land. Good fasting to all.

Piper
piper wrote: Hello challengers! How are you all doing today?

I had a good fast yesterday, but fear I am in a chacha loop. This is kind of what I expected for myself, as even over time it would be a pound up, a pound down, until my old low suddenly became my new high.

We have just over a couple of weeks to go. I am going to push, just to see where I land. Good fasting to all.

Piper

Hi @piper I am just finishing my Fri. fast. My hubby stopped at an icecream stand. I was able to watch him eat his without drooling or getting one. Hungry when we got home. so I had a poached egg, one toast, and some tomato slices. Yum.
I forgot the challenge goes to June 20, so on June 1 and 2 I polished off my own ice cream. Now I feel foolish and won't do my Fri. weighing. Good luck everyone. May you avoid my errors. :clover: :clover:
hello challengers, # 5 here with a half lb weight loss this week. Messed up a little as yesterdays fast turned into an eating window. Still had 2 good fast this week (Monday and Wednesday) but today is weigh in day and half a lb what the scale told me. Only 2 and a half lbs to go for me to meet my challenge goal. Starting the blood sugar diet tomorrow so 2.5lbs should be no problem. Hope you're all doing well, only a few weeks left. Good luck everyone, we can do this :clover:
Hello all - here's number 17 checking in for her Week 4 weigh-in. Very pleased to report a 3lb loss. That'll do nicely, thank you very much.

Good luck all! Keep the faith xxx
@Hazelnut20 I just read over this thread and saw that your target for this challenge was 12lbs. At the start the 12lbs did sound quite high but you've gone above and beyond and smashed that target to bits with your 19lbs lost so far. I believe you're the first on this challenge to meet their target and probably had the largest target too. How's the diet skirt fitting now? and I bet those black jeans are getting baggy too. I'm sending you huge congrats and wanted to point out that we have one challenger over the finish line for the May challenge :star: :star: :star: . Yeahhh!! to the BSD and to your commitment to it. Well done, keep up the great work :victory: :clover: :clover: :clover:
Thank you kindly @justdee - I'd almost forgotten what I set as a target...in the sense that I suspected myself that it was a bit ambitious in the first place! Just goes to show....aim for the stars!

With a bit of luck, abstinence and a fair wind, you never know, I might even exceed my original target by 100% - how freaky! Mind you, that would make up for all my previous failings, hee hee! Need to lose another 5lbs for this to be so! The gauntlet is down......

Thanks so much for the congrats and all your positivity. Really really appreciated. Ooh, I have to say, I haven't tried on the diet skirt lately as it is so unforgiving (!) but it is definitely something worth aiming for. I'll refuse to wear it until such time as it will look fab-u-lous! That will require a totally flat stomach and unbulging thighs - two of my worst areas! Promise if I ever get there, I'll post photographic evidence....

The black trousers are indeed a bit looser - but I've decided I really dislike them as I think they have washed really badly. When I look down at my thigh area....it looks like I wear them to a shift in a chippy! There are streaks all over - maybe the material was badly dyed or cheap. I'll spray them with grease remover & see if it happens to be grease - which I doubt. If that doesn't work, I'll take them back to the shop.....but, given that it was BHS, I don't fancy my chances of getting a refund.....It's terribly sad what's happened to BHS - I really feel for all their poor staff.
@Hazelnut20 the way you're going I'm sure we'll be seeing that photo sooner than you can imagine.
Yes it's very sad about BHS and I feel for all the staff. It's such a shame our high streets are almost nonexistent. I have to selfishly admit that my first thought/panic when I heard about BHS was 'where the hell am I going to get my reinforced, super supported, cup sized swimsuits form?'. I really have a nightmare buying thing that fit properly. With any luck I won't need to buy reinforced, super supported, cup sized swimsuits anymore. I'll never have a bikini body but it would be nice to by normal clothes. Shame there'll be no shop left to buy them from.
Ha! That made me smile! But don't panic JD - there's always Debenhams and M&S to name but two! Yep, bikinis are a distant memory now and I can only think of one occasion when I looked OK in one....1998, ha ha!
I've been overweight for the whole of my adult life really...and I'm 53 now, so really, a nice swimsuit is probably the best I can aim for!

But you're right - think how lovely it will be to walk into a clothes shop & not dread the image in the mirror...to do the zip up without a fight and so on? Yeah, let's have ourselves some of that, shall we? I'm game if you are!!
haha @Hazelnut20 we find ourselves chatting on 2 different threads, well at least someone is using the forum, even if does seem to be mostly us. May be we can drag a few others in with our success. :)
I know! It's a bit like ping-pong on here with us, but we'll keep plugging away and see who else will join us!
Congratulations@Hazelnut20!

Thursday fast just starting for me.
How are the rest of you doing?
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
127 posts Page 7 of 9