The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

304 posts Page 5 of 21
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21 Next
Nicky_94 wrote: This is perfect timing, thanks Juliana for stepping up to run this challenge again!
My maintenance weight is sliding upwards and something has to be donc asap, so I would like to join the challenge and lose 4 kg, which would put me back at the bottom of my maintenance weight. I will start with the first fast tomorrow :grin:

Good luck everyone!

@Nicky_94 thanks for joining and all the best for the 4kg loss goal. . How did you go with your first fast?

You are member number 18
skinnyli wrote: Please may I join in this challenge. I have never ever succeeded in any weight loss challenges or goals either through fasting or simply calorie control. I would like to lose 5kgs by 20 Dec 2105, but 4kgs would be excellent..... my christmas present to myself.
:smile:

@skinnylithanks for joining the challenge and hope you attain your Christmas present to yourself! You are member number 19
Maggiee wrote: Hello everybody
Member No. 2 reporting in. I completed a successful Fastday yesterday after many months of faffing around.

Started 91.7kg 1st Oct.
Down .400gm this morning. :like:
Thanks for the support @Juliana.Rivers - and for starting this Challenge, it's just what I needed. :heart:

Doing 16/8 this morning and another full fast on Thursday.

cheers,
Maggie. :smile:

Thank you for your quick first progress report @Maggiee. Congratulations on the 400gram loss. nearly 1/2 a kilo! keep going strong
loveswalking wrote: Number 8 reporting in. Today is a fast day for me. I'm hoping to get back on track. For I have been losing the same 2 lbs. for the past 3 weeks. I need to stop sabotaging myself.
For those who are fasting today I hope you have a great fast day.

thanks for your quick progress report @loveswalking.. 2 lbs is 2 lbs.. think of 12 weeks of 2 lb losses! You will exceed your 12 pound loss goal.
CandiceMarie wrote: Good luck with the challenge @skinnyli! :like:
@loveswalking i know only too well that losing the same few pounds experience!
You have my sympathy..i know it takes a big effort to move on past it,but you can do it :victory: xx

Thank you @CandiceMariefor welcoming people. Great when we are at different ends of the earth and it means some people get a lovely acknowledgement earlier than i can make it. Much appreciated.
smallerrose wrote: Please count me in! My goal is to lose one pound per week until Christmas (on average) to get down to approximately 190 pounds. I will fast twice per week (usually Mondays and Wednesdays). After a few weeks back on track, I will try to do the "only dinner" fasting method with a 500-600 calorie dinner but nothing else but coffee and water all day.

@smallerrosethank you for joining this supa challenge.. i counted 11 weeks to the end so that makes it 11 pounds for you. Please confirm if this is correct? You are member 20 on this challenge
Cyclonet wrote: Please count me in.

Goals:
1. 2 x fast days per week
2. 4 hour eating window each day
3. Maintain current weight

Thank you :oops:

Thank you for joining and letting us know your goals in your maintenance program. You are Member number 21. Keep maintaining well @Cyclonet
SammyIAm wrote: Member 11 here with my first weigh-in on this challenge:

Start: 148 lbs
10/05/15: 147.2 lbs

Not getting excited here as I tend to lose and regain the same pounds just like loveswalking. I also am going from Friday weigh-ins to Monday weigh-ins so not sure how accurate my number is. Had a weekend full of overeating. BUT, I had been stuck on148 for a couple of weeks and I recently read that if you eat more (1800-2400 calories) for 3 days (which I definitely did) and then go back to the lesser calorie regime, then you will lose again. Really hoping that's what's happening and that the weight won't be back tomorrow.

Thank you @SammyIamfor submitting your starting weight. Anyone here have a comment on the re-feeding technique SammyIam mentions. I have read it too but dont know the science.

All the best
peggy k wrote: I hope this is how I join the Christmas challenge. I have just completed a 6 months fasting clinical research study in the USA. I lost 35 lbs so far and yet can see a few pounds creeping back once I am not filling out forms for the research study! I would like to lose an additional 10 lbs by Christmas. I fast 3 days per week ( complete fasting-no caloric intake) as was done in the research study at Washington University here. Thanks! Peggy K

Thank you@Peggy k for joining. Yes you did it in the right place and you are Member 22 for this challenge with a goal of 10 lbs loss.
pamie123 wrote: Hi I would love to join the challenge. I am struggling so this will be good motivation. I will be happy to lose 4kg.

Thank you pamie123 for joining the challenge and committing to a 4kg loss. All the best. You are member 23
Speranza wrote: It is October 6th and I'm just joining now. I am going to attempt to lose 6 pounds by Dec. 20th. I have Hashimoto's Thyroid disease so weight loss can be stubborn. But the 5/2 finally seems to be something that may help! I've been doing it for about 6 weeks and have lost 5 pounds. I like the discipline of fasting for a number of reasons. (I'm new to this forum... not sure if I was supposed to sign up for the challenge somewhere else?) Thanks for setting all this up!

Hi @Speranza Welcome to the form and thank you for joining the challenge. There is always one or two challenges going on here so you have found the right place. You are member 24 on this challenge.. Update us when you feel you can and we will keep progress for you individual goal as well as impact on the group total.

all the best!
I am up to date :-) If i have missed anyone let me know.

24 members with an 80.5kg (12 stone) group goal loss and 4 maintainers.\

thats like a whole person group loss lol

IM SUPA EXCITED.

GET READY. GET SET. GET FASTING!

11 weeks to go

enjoy.
Hi Juliana,
I think you forgot me from 10/5. My goal is to lose 1 stone. :smile: - Ann

Juliana.Rivers wrote: I am up to date :-) If i have missed anyone let me know.

24 members with an 80.5kg (12 stone) group goal loss and 4 maintainers.\

thats like a whole person group loss lol

IM SUPA EXCITED.

GET READY. GET SET. GET FASTING!

11 weeks to go

enjoy.
slimnana wrote: May I join starting today please? I am doing 4:3 with M-W-F being my Fast Days of 400. I'm 56 yrs. young & 5'6". My challenge goal is to lose 14 lbs. to weigh 136 & wear U.S. size 6 jeans by the 1st Day of Winter on 12/21.

I haven't done a challenge here since Easter 2014, because I stopped IFing while dealing with the hormonal mess of menopause. I am grateful to finally be on the other side of the Big M change of life, but have been stuck with a stubborn 15 lbs of weight that I regained and hasn't budged yet (have been going up & down same 1 lb. all summer with 16/8). Hoping that doing 4:3 during this challenge will help me get back into my size 6 wardrobe for the Holidays.

Thanks!
Best Wishes to All on your continued progress!

Sorry about that @Slimnana. I have made you Member 25 and you certainly seem to have a plan to get back into those size 6's all the best and let me know how you are going along the way.
Is there room for an imaginary little one? Someone who's working on being little?
I'll aim for 5 pounds so that by Christmas I will actually be 10 stone something - woohoo!
Good luck everyone! Blimey, I can't believe its the Christmas challenge already - can you?
Bean xx
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21 Next
304 posts Page 5 of 21