The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

304 posts Page 1 of 21
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 Next
The Christmas 2015 Supa Challenge is officially completed.
Started October 1 ended Sunday, December 20. I am compiling the group totals this week and will report back soon. Well done to those that made goal, and those maintainers that kept successfully maintaining. For those that did not make target, make, say Monday Jan 4, after all the new year festivities a fresh start to the new year.

I needed a challenge too as I have gained 3kg over the past 6 months and up to about 74kg. would like to get down to a neat 72.1 to 72.5 range so its just 2kg for me which I believe is achievable.

If you are maintaining, feel free to join too.. even if just to ensure the excesses of the Christmas parties are kept in check.

I'm excited already!

The challenge started OCTOBER 1 and will finish DECEMBER 20 2015 (thats roughly when i start my Christmas shopping so wont have time to do many updates) plus most people have gone "on holiday" or at least in Australia they have as holidays seem to start Dec 15 right through to Jan 15.

This time like i did in 2013 the inaugural year for this challenge, I will total the group weight loss. This year, I will take it up one notch and and also calculate the group weight loss goal total to get a percentage.

Of course, maintainers success wont be reflected though i will put in a percentage score of maintainers who kept at their desired weight.
Oh and like both years.. i will post in the initial registration post and your journey too in the first post. Makes for entertaining and motivation reading always.
For some light reading with 114 members... here is how the 2014 challenge went.. 5-2-diet-chat-f6/pre-register-your-interest-now-for-the-2014-xmas-challenge-t13087.html
And for some very entertaining reading this is how the 2013 challenge went 5-2-diet-chat-f6/register-here-to-joing-the-69ers-club-t8676.html.. A massive 240kg lost amongst 150 members! I guess many of these members in 2015 are now maintainers so if you are one, please join the challenge. As successful 5:2ers it will be great to get your motivation and support in the group.

so here goes..
Christmas 2015 Supa Challenge Members
===============================
MEMBER NUMBER 1... @Juliana.Rivers.. to lose 2kg to get to a range of 72.1 to 72.5 Last update 14 Nov same - lost 200 g
MEMBER NUMBER 2 ... @Maggiee ... to lose 5kg by early December. Last update Dec 21 4.7 kg loss total
MEMBER NUMBER 3 ... @Hellengerin ... 4kg loss
MEMBER NUMBER 4 ... @Barbarita... maintainer Last update Nov 15
MEMBER NUMBER 5 ... @JaneG... Goal is two 500 cal fasts a week and maybe a third ' half' fast or full
MEMBER NUMBER 6 ... @katharina Goal Goal 4.5kg (10 Pounds) - 1 kg (2.4 pounds) loss as at 16th Oct
MEMBER NUMBER 7... @vinuela ... maintainer
MEMBER NUMBER 8 ... @loveswalking loss of 12 pounds (5.4 kilos)
MEMBER NUMBER 9 ... @CandiceMarie - Last update 29 October loss of 1.6kg (3.5 pounds) Last update Nov 13
MEMBER NUMBER 10 ... @MadcatLady- Goal 9.5 kg (1.5 stone) Last update Oct 24- 2.8kg ( 8 lbs) loss
MEMBER NUMBER 11 ... @SammyIAm - Goal 4.5kg (10 Pounds) Last update Nov 18 1.6kg (4.6 pound) loss
MEMBER NUMBER 12 ... @LizBeanmaintainer. To maintain 123-128lbs - Last update Dec 20 - MAINTENANCE GOAL ACHIEVED
MEMBER NUMBER 13 ... @Tara1956 - Goal 4.5kg (10 Pounds)
MEMBER NUMBER 14 ... @drDee- Goal 4.5kg (10 Pounds)
MEMBER NUMBER 15 ... @19kg to lose! - Goal 3.kg - Last update 22 Nov 1.7kg loss from start
MEMBER NUMBER 16 ... @wolfie - Goal 8kg
MEMBER NUMBER 17 ... @WarriorPrincess- Goal 1.4kg Last update 18 December GOAL REACHED Dec 18 10 stone 13.5lbs
MEMBER NUMBER 18 ... @Nicky_94 Goal 4kg last update 20 Dec - 1.1kg loss
MEMBER NUMBER 19 ... @skinnyli Goal 4kg
MEMBER NUMBER 20 ... @smallerrose Goal 5g (11 pounds) - Last update Nov 6 3.6 kg (7.4 pound) loss
MEMBER NUMBER 21 .. @Cyclonet Maintainer - Last update Nov 13
MEMBER NUMBER 22 ... @peggy k Goal 4.5kg (10 pounds)
MEMBER NUMBER 23 ... @pamie123 Goal 4kg
MEMBER NUMBER 24 ... @speranzaGoal 2.7kg (6 pounds) Last update 13th Dec ... GOAL REACHED *** 165 pounds reached 1 pound lower than 166 pound goal
MEMBER NUMBER 25 ... @slimnana Goal 6.3kg (14 pounds) Last update 10 Oct .5kg pound loss total
MEMBER NUMBER 26 ... @nursebean Goal 2.2 kg (5 pounds)Last update 20 Nov on track to be 10 stone // GOAL REACHED 15th December
MEMBER NUMBER 27 ... @CallantheGoal 3kg Last update 12th Dec ... GOAL REACHED *** 3 kg lost
MEMBER NUMBER 28 ... @Fastidious Goal to 54kg (14kg loss)
MEMBER NUMBER 29 ... @Isis Goal of 6kg (12 to 14 pounds)
MEMBER NUMBER 30 ... @Moving Forward Goal of 5kg
MEMBER NUMBER 31 ... @LouLou51 joined 16 Oct Goal lose 2.7kg (6 pounds) - Last update 21 Nov at 8st 13lbs
MEMBER NUMBER 32 ... @tkinsley joined 17 Oct 6 Goal of loss 2.7kg (6 pounds) Last update 3 Nov 1.5kg 3.4 pounds
MEMBER NUMBER 33 ... @raggy Joined 19 Oct Goal loss of 3.8kg (8 pounds) Last update Dec 17 (5 pounds)
MEMBER 34 @JustMeB.. Joined Nov 3 goal to be decided for challenge
MEMBER 35 @nznicoleJoined Nov 9 2.7kg goal loss (6 pounds)
MEMBER 36 @flickJoined Nov 25 2.7kg goal losss (6 pounds) - Last update Dec 20 - lost of 1.8kg (4 pounds)

total GROUP WEIGHT LOSS GOAL = 129.0 kg total loss (20 Stone)

WEIGHT LOSS THUS FAR.. 27 kg (As at 18 Dec - final challenge results to be up by Dec 28)

Total number of MAINTAINERS : 4

Would you like to join the challenge?.. You can join at any time throughout the challenge even up to mid December!

=====
CHALLENGE GROUP RUNDOWN.. from start to finish (give me at least 2 or 3 days after posting to copy the important bits to this story!)

Member 1 @Juliana.Rivers 27 Sep 2015, 21:28 Last update 14 Nov 200 g
2 kg loss is aimed for.. getting me back to where I was earlier in the year.
Progress report.
have seen 75.something on the scale for 2 weeks.. back to 74.8 today phew. Feeling bloated of late - not sure what is happening.

Nov 14.. finally a 73 number!!! 73.8 ill note it as 200g loss though i have seen over 74 in past weeks. heavy heavy week of work and less eating. so i guess thats why 200g loss happened... ive stopped eating butter as a snack! yipeee and going vegetarian 5 days a week!!!

=====

Member 2 @Maggiee 27 Sep 2015, 21:28 Last update Dec 21 4.7 kg loss

I would like to lose 5kgs between now and early Dec. I have been doing really well lately, so am on a roll, but I do need to Fast two days a week.

Hello everybody

Progress report for @Maggiee

6 October : Member No. 2 reporting in. I completed a successful Fastday yesterday after many months of faffing around.

Started 91.7kg 1st Oct.
Down 400gm this morning. :like:
Doing 16/8 this morning and another full fast on Thursday.

18 October: Three fasts this week - three sessions at the gym and lots of walks - down .200gm. :smile:
I do know I have a slow metabolism due to meds I am taking, but I know what I am doing is working - SLOWLY!
Still better down than up - I feel great. Will take my measurements next week.

Keep up the good work everybody.

30 October
Started 91.7 - NOW 88.1 - newest low in years!! Woo Hoo :like:

Another fast today, doing three a week now - still being mindful of carbs and sugar.

Maggiee » 13 Nov 2015

Down 300gm this week, started this challenge 91.7kg NOW 87.8kg.

Feeling great - lots of gym work, water aerobics and plenty of walking as well as Fasting.

cheers
Maggie

Maggiee » 21 Nov 2015

Hello everybody
Reporting in - .300gm down this week - loss total this Supa challenge so far 4.2kg - very pleased with this. MOG dress fits nicely now for the Wedding on the 12th Dec, so not too worried if I don't loose too much more, but then will keep going after the Wedding, want to get the BMI down out of the 'obese' range!! Not too far away from it now!!

Doing well everybody, Fasting combined with some exercise really does work.

cheers
Maggie.

by Maggiee » 07 Dec 2015
Member Number 2 reporting in. :smile:
This has been my best challenge ever - 4.7kg GONE!!! woohoo very happy. :like:

Not sure if I will make the 5kg target for my son's Wedding this coming Saturday, but it doesn't matter, it's close and I feel fantastic. I am down 10kg since November 2014, as you can see its been a successful challenge.

Very special mention to @Juliana.Rivers for this Supa Challenge and for being the great motivator that she is. :heart: It took me a long time to finally 'get' Fasting and this WOE and life.

I have also found that if Fasting doesn't go well one day, to pick myself up, and do it again the next day. Definitely 'always tomorrow' in my case. :smile:

Happy fasting everybody and thank you to everybody for your support and encouragement. :heart:

cheers
Maggie
by Maggiee » 21 Dec 2015, 12:51
No 2 reporting in.....4.7kg gone - didn't quite make the 5kg goal, but NEARLY. This is my best challenge on here ever, thanks for the good work @Juliana.Rivers and the inspiration.

These last few months has really opened my eyes and I finally 'get' 5:2 Fasting, and often 4:3 and also semi-vegetarian meals, and I have been inspired by so many success stories, it really does work. I also continue to clean healthy eating, although the last week is proving a bit of a challenge. :oops:

Merry Christmas everybody, all the very best for the Festive Season.
cheers
Maggie. :present: :smile: :heart:

=====

Member 3 @Hellengerin 27 Sep 2015, 21:28

Aiming for 4 kg.
Method.. Standard 5:2, probably Mondays and Thursdays. Not too many big events planned or even holidays between now and the end of the challenge, after what seems like a year of them.

======

Member 4 @Barbarita 27 Sep 2015, 21:28 Last update Nov 15

Goal: Maintenance

As a maintainer I am going to focus on the behaviours that help me rather than on a scale reading. So looking back at my tracker, my best period was Lent, and looking back on what I was doing then I have picked out two tools over and above my now habitual WOE:

1) 10,000 steps minimum every day (rather than 20,000+ some days and barely 3,000 on others)
2) The only dairy I will eat at home is butter, cream cheese and brie.

I will report how well I have kept to these along with how many pounds I deviate from my goal

Progress Report

10th October
This challenge is 81 days long, or 9 x 9, so I thought I would report in 9 9 day chunks.
Chunk 1, average deviation from goal = +1.89 lbs :like:
No of days at < 10000 steps = 0 :like:
Only dairy products consumed at home = butter, cream cheese, brie. :like:

Blimey, I 've got to keep this up for another 72 days ...

Oct 27
Number 4 here with results for Chunk 3, this one seems to have flown by.

Average deviation from goal = +2.56 lbs :unlike:
Only dairy products consumed at home = butter, cream cheese, brie. :like:

We're a third of the way through now, only 54 days to go.

Nov 6
by barbarita » 06 Nov 2015, 22:11
Number 4 reporting on Chunk 4, a baddie :frown: .

Average deviation from goal = +2.67 lbs :unlike:
Only dairy products consumed at home = butter, cream cheese, brie. :unlike: I had creme freche but it was organic so that was OK - NOT!

Why was it so bad? Because yesterday I was 125 lbs, just 1lb short of 9 stone, which I haven't been for nearly 18 months. This morning I had stepped back from the brink, phew! Another lightbulb moment - be around the house when not hungry, and go out for a walk as the eating window approaches or during the window to stay out of the kitchen as much as possible. Recreational eating is tempting now (eating when honestly I am full enough, but I want, not crave, the taste of something else. The something else is not, as the LCHF people say, off plan, but still I ought not to ignore my full signal and go ahead anyway) I blame the hated damp, dismal November.

Day 1 of the last 45.

barbarita » 15 Nov 2015

Number 4; Chunk 5

Average deviation from goal = +3.11 lbs :unlike:
Only dairy products consumed at home = butter, cream cheese, brie. :unlike:

More than halfway there, thank goodness. 36 day

=====

Member 5: @Janeg 27 Sep 2015, 21:28

Count me in please.
I've been very lax since moving home. Getting odd fasts in here and there but nothing structured. I haven't weighed or measured since April!!!!!
I want to get back to structured fasting and when I do the big excise on the first Sat of October, I'll know how whether it's 5:2 or 4:3.
I fasted yesterday and then had an ordinary dinner. I intended doing a 500cal fast today, but was too hungry.
So, plan for this week is proper fast on Tue and Thurs.
Off to Madrid for work the following week but won't make that an excuse!
Overall challenge goal? Two 500 cal fasts a week and maybe a third ' half' fast or full dependent on excise results.
Oh, and a conscious effort to be active - much easier now I'm home and can go for walks and stuff.

====

Member 6 @Katharina» 28 Sep 2015
I personally need to watch the days between 2 fasts, which my OH and I do each and every week and have done for over 2 years. So I'm sure the damage could have been far worse but this summer I have free-wheeled on those days and it is an unhelpful habit. I will weigh in and measure on 1st October and report in with my goal. Please put me down to join the challenge.

Prrogress report
14 Oct 2015
#6 Katharina reporting in with a loss of 2.4 pounds in the two weeks since 1st Oct, so I'm feeling pleased with this start and motivated! It's great to read everyone's reports

=====

Member 7 @vinuela 28 Sep 2015
Count me in...I need to maintain this healthy lifestyle now that I have been a 'happy weight' for almost a year. It is my lifestyle now and if I miss a fastday for some reason then I really miss it. I am 58.5kg (was 76kg in Feb 2013) and my target is to keep within the 57-59kg range. I have a hectic time coming up with trips everywhere so could easily go off the rail.

=====

Member 8 by @loveswalking 29 Sep 2015

Count me in. My goal is to lose at least 12 pounds or more. I will do 5:2 or 4:3 with low carb eating.
Basically 2 and a half fasting days depending on what is happening that week. I tend to eat between 500-750 cals. on fasting days.

Progress report
Oct 5
Number 8 reporting in. Today is a fast day for me. I'm hoping to get back on track. For I have been losing the same 2 lbs. for the past 3 weeks. I need to stop sabotaging myself.

====

Member 9 @CandiceMarie 29 September
Last update Nov 13
Please count me in

Progress report
Oct 29 Just jumped across from the spring into fall challenge to report three amd a half pound down so far x

Nov 13 y CandiceMarie » 13 Nov 2015,

I WAS gonna whinge coz ive gained apound even tho i did 4:3 last week andon the other days ate below TDEE..but youre not whingeing so i wont either
Sooo busy coz moving home,felt thinner,look slimmer..but i guess its just dem pesky scales..
Will focus on feeling lighter/ looking thinner! X

=======

Member 10 @Madcatlady» 30 Sep 2015 Last update Oct 18
Count me in please - I'm going for broke - a stone and a half ideally!

Progress Report

11 Oct 2015
I'm 4lb down this week - go me!

18 Oct 2015
I've stayed the same this week - trying not to be disappointed!

24 Oct 2015,
Hello all - pleased to report I have lost 2lb this week so that's 8lb so far. I'm not fasting as such but doing low-carb so I tend to just have a snack at lunchtime then an evening meal. My appetite is greatly suppressed and I am hardly touching alcohol, which I think is a big help! Onwards and downwards!

======

Member 11 @SammyIAm 01 Oct 2015 Last update Nov 18 1.6kg (4.6 pound) loss
I'd like to get in on this as well. I'd like to lose 10 pounds between now and the end of December. I'm on an average of half a pound a week so it's not likely I'll lose that much, but I'm going to try my best. This is around the time that I get lazy and start eating more. My goal is to NOT do that this year and to be just as active throughout Fall and Winter as I am now. Even though I should be saving my money, I am going to keep my gym membership because I don't want to undo all of my hard work from the last 6 months. I will NOT gain this season DAGNABBIT! lol. Good luck to all!

Progress report

Member 11 here with my first weigh-in on this challenge:

Start: 148 lbs
10/05/15: 147.2 lbs

Not getting excited here as I tend to lose and regain the same pounds just like loveswalking. I also am going from Friday weigh-ins to Monday weigh-ins so not sure how accurate my number is. Had a weekend full of overeating. BUT, I had been stuck on148 for a couple of weeks and I recently read that if you eat more (1800-2400 calories) for 3 days (which I definitely did) and then go back to the lesser calorie regime, then you will lose again. Really hoping that's what's happening and that the weight won't be back tomorrow.

24 Oct 2015
Member 11 here with a progress report. I record my weight on Wednesdays. I've been slacking with posting on this forum though. Sowee.

Starting weight: 148 lbs
10/21/15: 145.8 lbs
I've been bouncing around a little, but the overall trend is going down :grin: So far I am down 2.2 pounds. Hoping to get 1 more off by the end of the month ::fingers crossed::

November 3

10/07/15: 146.2 lbs
10/14/15: 147.2 lbs
10/28/15: 146 lbs
10/31/15: 144.4 lbs

I overindulged this weekend because of Halloween and my weight today was 145.2 lbs. My usual weigh-in day is Wednesday so I will wait until then to see if things settle down. For now though, I'll say I lost 3.6 pounds since that was my weight on the last day of the month. Even if I am really 145, that's still more than I thought I would lose so I'm pretty content, nonetheless.

by SammyIAm » 18 Nov 2015,

Member 11 here. Sorry I've been MIA the last couple of weeks. I'm on the verge of a breakup and things have not been going well with my diet. My weight has been bouncing around due to the lack of sleep and stress.

My usual weigh-in date would be tomorrow, but I'm off for the next week. Going on a much needed vacation. We'll see what kind of damage THAT does to my body. Anywho, I don't see me logging on here until I return so may as well update now.

Goal weight for this challenge: 138 lbs
10/07/15: 146.2 lbs
10/14/15: 147.2 lbs
10/28/15: 146 lbs
10/31/15: 144.4 lbs
11/4/15: 143.2 lbs
11/10/15: 145 lbs
11/17/15: 143.4 lbs

4.6 pound loss so far.

=====

Member 12 @LizBean October 1
- Last update Dec 20 MAINTENANCE GOAL ACHIEVED
My goal - to maintain 123-128lbs and celebrate my 1st maintaining anniversary 30th Dec

Progress Report
11 Oct 2015
Hello everyone, No 12, maintainer checking in :victory: still maintaining my overall loss, today showing as 23.41lbs on the tracker . I weighed in this morning at 124.8lbs (only weighing weekly) and sitting comfortably at the lower end of my range. I continue to low carb, choosing my carbs wisely, it's been the most liberating part of my journey. I now enjoy the delicious food I make. @barbarita hey that means it's 80 days to my first maintaining fastiversary. Better still, I've been maintaining for 285 days, so I'm racking up the days, good to see how we find many different ways to 'count' our journey from losing to maintaining :grin: Wishing you all a focused and happy week ahead

by Lizbean » 20 Dec 2015

I'm done! No 12 - goal achieved, to stay within my acceptable maintenance range 123-128 and this morning I'm sitting at 123.2lbs, my lowest weight recorded on 5:2. Over the last few weeks I have increased the amount of veg on my plate, just a wee bit - as it had been slipping.
This week I'm fasting Sunday and Wednesday, eating when I feel hunger, oh and checking portion sizes are real.
====

Member 13 @Tara1956 01 Oct 2015

Count me in. My goal is to lose 10lbs.
Tara

====
Member 14 @drDee 02 Oct 2015
I would like to join in as well and need to keep accountable. I did really well during August but fell apart during September so I need to refocus. I have been doing a 16:8 window but apparently stuffing too much into it -- no, I would guess that is stuffing too much into my MOUTH during the window, yes? I will add two regular 500 cal fast days into my week and drop back to four 16:8's and one free day.

My goal is to lose a pound a week for the next ten weeks, which will take me up to the middle of December. :crossed: I hope we all achieve our goals!
Dee

===

MEMBER 15 @19kg to lose!» 02 Oct 2015
Last Update Nov 22 1.7 kg total loss.
I'll aim to lose at least 3kg by 20th December. I do 5:2 and will try for 10,000 steps a day. I hope this will encourage me as I have not been doing too well recently

Progress Report
10th October
Week 1
73000 steps :)
200g lost - to be positive that is better than 200g gained.

Oct 21
I have been away and have missed both a fast and a weigh in, but weighed myself on Sunday 18th, and as the end date is a Sunday I'll try to weigh in each Sunday. So weigh in Number 2
7 day steps 58385 :frown:
1 x Body Pump
1x Swim
400g lost (600g total since start)

26 Oct 2015

Number 15 reporting in for Sunday 25th October and weigh in Number 3:
7 day steps 79035 :smile:
1 x Body Pump
1x Swim
700g lost (1.3kg total since start)
I am trying not to get too excited as I go up and down like a yo-yo.

1 November by 19kg to lose!

Number 15 reporting in for Sunday 1st November and weigh in Number 4:
Sorry team .... half-term 'babysitting' .... too much food and not enough exercise.
7 day steps 51306 :frown:
0 x Body Pump :frown:
0 x Swim :frown:
Gain of 300g this week (but still 1.0kg loss total since start)
I'm actually surprised it is not worse.

19kg to lose! » 16 Nov 2015

Number 15 reporting in late for Sunday 8th November and weigh in Number 5:
7 day steps 66000 :frown:
1 x Body Pump :smile:
1 x Swim :smile:
Gain of 1.1kg this week (so gain of 100g since start) :confused:
Really not sure what has happened, I didn't think I'd been that greedy. I need to keep a closer eye on what I'm eating on non-fast days.

Also reporting for Sunday 15th November and weigh in Number 6:
7 day steps 70638 :smile:
Loss of 1.8kg (so loss of 1.7kg since start)
That's better! Back on track. I have been more careful this week, but I do go up and down a lot. I must keep recording everything I eat.

by 19kg to lose! » 22 Nov 2015
Number 15 with weigh in Number 7 for Sunday 22nd November.
7 day steps 72000 :smile:
No change this week so still a loss of 1.7kg since start.
Decorating this week so I probably can't up the amount of exercise, so I'll just have to try to eat a bit less...

=======

MEMBER 16 @Wolfie 03 Oct 2015
I have never participated in any challenges but I think this time I must. I goal for this challenge is to lose 8kg (to get back where I was before the thyroid thing) but doubt very much that I will manage that until December 20th...but at least I can try by fasting Monday, Wednesday and the day of Friday until the weekend starts round 6pm. Wish me luck - I need it.

======

MEMBER 17 @WarriorPrincess05 Oct 2015
Last update 18 Dec. Goal reached - 10 stone 13.5lbs.
I'll declare a starting weight of 11st 2.5. Losing another 3lbs would be fab - but even maintaining is a bit of a surprise at the moment. I'm in the other challenge too - maybe being in 2 challenges at the same time will do the trick!

I'd love to lose the 3lbs - I'll declare that as my target. But if I simply maintain I'll be quite pleased.

Progress report
by WarriorPrincess » 12 Nov 2015,

Hi Julianna & all lovely Supa Xmas people, No 17 checking in, mostly to say hello & I am still in. Ended a few active and rather calorific weeks with a nice relaxing holiday - in Sharm el-Sheik in Egypt! Hol extended just one day while we were 'evacuated' and then 'repatriated' last Friday - luggage arrived safe & sound yesterday. A touch more interesting a break than we'd bargained for though!

More by luck than judgement, (& helped by an Egyptian tummy bug), I'm maintaining - 11st 2.25 this morning. Just one more weekend away coming up and then 5 weeks sensible 5/2 before Xmas.

by WarriorPrincess » 21 Nov 2015

I've achieved a new low weight today - 11st 2 - a teeny tiny 1/4lb below the last new low over a month ago, but it is the right direction. :smile: And I've found out how to make a signature - what a technical genius. :grin:
But I can't for the life of me remember how to post a new topic - please could someone enlighten me, in words of one syllable & preferably with diagrams. :?: :?: :?:
EDIT - worked it out all by myself & posted new topic!

WarriorPrincess » 18 Dec 2015, 19:10
I made it - 10 stone 13.5lbs
:grin: :grin: :grin: I weigh 10 stone something or other!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

My Xmas Challenge was a period of maintaining, then a small target loss, which I've achieved - but my last record of a weight beginning with 10 was 17 years ago.

======

MEMBER 18 @Nicky_94 05 Oct 2015 Last update20 December 1.1kg loss
This is perfect timing, thanks Juliana for stepping up to run this challenge again!
My maintenance weight is sliding upwards and something has to be donc asap, so I would like to join the challenge and lose 4 kg, which would put me back at the bottom of my maintenance weight. I will start with the first fast tomorrow :grin:

Progress report

by Nicky_94 12 Oct 2015

Hello everyone, member 18 here, reporting a loss of 500g this week. It would have been more but this weekend we had my son's birthday party which involved far too much sugar and not much eating proper food, I'm obviously out of practice, I'm left feeling a bit sick today so glad to be fasting.

26 Oct by Nicky_94
I have just got back from a long
weekend in a theme park so I am not going to weigh today as I'll only be disappointed, but before we left on Friday the scales were showing a loss of 1.1 kilos, hopefully I haven't done too much damage, I intend to be at least back there or hopefully lower by next Saturday!

by Nicky_94 » 20 Dec 2015
Just weighed in for the last time, total weightloss was 1.1 kilos, a long way from the 4 i was hoping for but still a loss.

Thanks JR for running the challenge and congrats to all who have lost or maintained during the challenge.

=====

MEMBER 19 @skinnyli 05 Oct 2015

I have never ever succeeded in any weight loss challenges or goals either through fasting or simply calorie control. I would like to lose 5kgs by 20 Dec 2105, but 4kgs would be excellent..... my christmas present to myself.

Progress reports
Oct 8

successfully did my fast on Monday, went a little over the 500 cals was so hungry but I started off at 62.8kgs, Tues I weight 61.4kgs, alas this morning Wed I am 62.4kgs despite really being careful yesterday on my non-fast day. This is what always happens.... Anyway must not give up, am fasting again today and will only eat 400 cals of protien later..... Good luck everyone. next fast will be Friday....

13 Oct 2015
Member 19 reporting a gain..... today I weight 62.2kgs..... I fasted last week but am not sure how I didn't lose. especially as I tried to be good on my normal days. :?: Maybe TTOM didn't help. This week I have not fasted as yet, social events in the way so far, but will have to do back to back from tomorrow and hope it helps

====

MEMBER 20 @smallerrose 06 Oct 2015
Last update Nov 6 2.8 pound loss
Please count me in! My goal is to lose one pound per week until Christmas (on average) to get down to approximately 190 pounds. I will fast twice per week (usually Mondays and Wednesdays). After a few weeks back on track, I will try to do the "only dinner" fasting method with a 500-600 calorie dinner but nothing else but coffee and water all day.

Progress report
31 Oct 2015,
Member 20 checking in! Down 2.8 pounds total. 8.2 to go before xmas!

Nov 6
#20 checking in. Down .8 lbs this week (3.6 total). 7.4 pounds in the next 6 weeks might be a stretch, but I'm going to keep this as my goal because I tend to be a "whooosh" weight losser. No loss or very small losses for a few weeks, then 4 pounds in a week or something

=====

MEMBER 21 @Cyclonet 06 Oct 2015
Last update Nov 13
Goals:
1. 2 x fast days per week
2. 4 hour eating window each day
3. Maintain current weight[/b]
Progress reports

Cyclonet » 13 Nov 2015
#21 checking in.

Since my last post I've :
Lost my job (just as unemployment hit an 18 month high)
My house was broken in to (a lot was taken but it's the stuff not covered by insurance, like a paperweight my late sister gave me, that really sucks)
My laptop died (a replacement has to wait)
The head gasket went on my car (fixing it couldn't wait so I had to ask for my first ever credit card extension which, when you are unemployed, isn't an easy process)
I've been eating poorly and too much (guilt guilt and more guilt as I know better than this)

Hence:
I've gained 3kg/6.6lbs which, as I am slight in height and bone structure, really shows especially around my middle and face :pig2:

Whinge, whine, whinge.... :(

Now I've admitted it publicly I need to pull my finger out and sort out my overeating :quiet:

How to do this:
Plan and write my daily food out in advance and stick to it without exception
Stop buying things I binge on under the guise of it being for my husband or when the kids visit
Post on the forum on fast days
Read the forum on non fast days
Check in on this thread more regularly and 100% honestly
Get up and go to bed earlier
Increase the quality of my exercise not just the quantity

No more pity party
No more wallowing

:star: Day 1 starts today Friday 13th November 2015 :star:

===

MEMBER 22 @peggy k 06 Oct 2015

I have just completed a 6 months fasting clinical research study in the USA. I lost 35 lbs so far and yet can see a few pounds creeping back once I am not filling out forms for the research study! I would like to lose an additional 10 lbs by Christmas. I fast 3 days per week ( complete fasting-no caloric intake) as was done in the research study at Washington University here. Thanks! Peggy K

===

MEMBER 23 @pamie123 06 Oct 2015

Hi I would love to join the challenge. I am struggling so this will be good motivation. I will be happy to lose 4kg.

Progress report
12 Oct 2015
I have stayed the same weight this week. Had a really good fast Sat and today ate just about everything in sight. The stories are however inspirational so thanks everyone. Go Leah, we can do this.

===

MEMBER 24 @Speranza 06 Oct 2015
*** GOAL REACHED 12TH december 165 pounds with 166 as goal)
I am going to attempt to lose 6 pounds by Dec. 20th. I have Hashimoto's Thyroid disease so weight loss can be stubborn. But the 5/2 finally seems to be something that may help! I've been doing it for about 6 weeks and have lost 5 pounds. I like the discipline of fasting for a number of reasons.

Progress report

Speranza » 14 Dec 2015, 04:56
:oops: I have met my goal of 166 pounds with time to spare! I weighed in two days ago at 165 pounds. Love this 5:2 system and all the info & support this forum offers! thank you!

===

MEMBER 25 @slimnana 06 Oct 2015
I am doing 4:3 with M-W-F being my Fast Days of 400. I'm 56 yrs. young & 5'6". My challenge goal is to lose 14 lbs. to weigh 136 & wear U.S. size 6 jeans by the 1st Day of Winter on 12/21.

I haven't done a challenge here since Easter 2014, because I stopped IFing while dealing with the hormonal mess of menopause. I am grateful to finally be on the other side of the Big M change of life, but have been stuck with a stubborn 15 lbs of weight that I regained and hasn't budged yet (have been going up & down same 1 lb. all summer with 16/8). Hoping that doing 4:3 during this challenge will help me get back into my size 6 wardrobe for the Holidays.

Progress report
slimnana » 10 Oct 2015
Member #25 Weekly Progress on 10/10 is the release of 1 lb.
total for slimnana 1 pound (0.5kg)
===

MEMBER 26 @nursebean 07 Oct 2015 Last update 20 Nov on track to be 10 stone - GOAL REACHED Dec 15
Is there room for an imaginary little one? Someone who's working on being little?
I'll aim for 5 pounds so that by Christmas I will actually be 10 stone something - woohoo!
Good luck everyone! Blimey, I can't believe its the Christmas challenge already - can you?
Bean
Progress report

by nursebean » 13 Oct 2015
As I put on half a pound last week I thought I'd give fasting a go and have fasted ALL DAY today - woohoo! Mind you, I was VERY naughty yesterday, eating willy nilly when I didn't really want to. I blame my TOTM!
I'm on holiday from Friday so I wonder if I can restrain myself and not go too mad? Only time will tell!
Keep up the great work everyone!
Bean xx

nursebean » 20 Nov 2015
Thought it was about time I p
osted in here. I am very pleased with myself at the mo because I've lost 1 stone 3 and a half pounds and am on track to get my Christmas challenge aim which is to be 10 stone something by Christmas! I'm not able to do whole fasts at the moment but I do skip the odd breakfast and try and go for longer without eating. Little steps.
Bean xx

nursebean » 15 Dec 2015,

I have finally managed to reach 10 stone something (10:12 to be exact). Its taken me a long while but I'm determined to lose more and keep it off! Come on everyone, you can do it. Christmas is nearly here!
/color]
====

MEMBER 27 @Callanthe 08 Oct 2015
Last update [color=#00BF80]Dec 12 GOAL REACHED! - 3KG LOST

Hello, I have a goal to enter the 2016 weighing less than 90 kg, so I can as well join you.
Let's set the goal to 3 kg, current weight 92,6 kg. I hope it will be more, but I can hit plateau anytime, so I will stick with this.

Progress report

01 Nov 2015
Member 27 reporting:
I'm at the same as last week, 91,1 kg, after the whoosh I'm happy with it.

by Callanthe » 15 Nov 2015

Member 27 (not) reporting in.
I managed 3 days of fasting this week as usual (which I'm proud of), but I binged horribly on non fast days. So I will not weight myself this week and give myself time to shed the water weight till next week.
Very educative for me, how much I'm still adicted to food when I'm not well and when something bad happens to me.

by Callanthe » 06 Dec 2015,

@Juliana.Rivers, I'm struggling very much, but I have found two things helpful lately.
1. to write a diary here, every day or so, even if things don't go as well as I wish
2. to walk, a lot. It helps me unwind and relax (I 'm going through very stressful two months work-wise) and also it helps burn some calories and shape my legs

Callanthe » 12 Dec 2015

Member 27 reporting: I reached the goal of this challenge, today's weight 89,6 kg
====

MEMBER 28 @Fastidious 8th October

Perfect timing! I started the 5:2 diet a couple of weeks ago. So far, lost a few kilos. Count me in for the Christmas Challenge! Don't think I'll reach my goal weight of 54kg by then, but I'm hellbent on giving it a shot!

(14kg loss)...

=====

MEMBER 29@Isis10 Oct 2015

Gosh you are good running this again Juliana :like: :like: :rose: :rose:
Can I please join in? I know I am a bit late starting but would love to lose 12-14 lbs before Christmas having had a disastrous yo yo weight loss year so far. I am really noticeing how much more achy my knees are having some weight back on so have to lose weight again.

=====

MEMBER 30 @Moving Forward 11 Oct 2015

I've lost my way a bit lately, put on several kilos and need some inspiration to lose 5+ KGs by the end of the year,
Leah

===

MEMBER 31 @Loulou51 16 Oct 2015
Last update Nov 21 at 8st 13lbs

I haven't been fasting since the beginning of the summer holidays. I've been training for a half marathon which is happening at the end of October. I've been swimming 3x a week and running 3x a week. All this exercise has made me hungry and I've put on 9lbs or about 3.75kg. I need to stop this upwards creep as I am feeling uncomfortable so back to fasting. I am currently 128lbs and need to be heading back down towards 119 or 120 lbs.
I would love to lose 8lbs by the end of the challenge but we'll see.

Progress report
Oct 24 I've managed two fasts this week and kept control of the eating on the rest of the days. I am very happy to report a 2lbs loss this week which I am ecstatic about

by Loulou51 » 06 Nov 2015

No.31 reporting in. I ran my first half marathon last weekend and was sad to see that I put on about 3lbs afterwards even though I didn't eat much during or after the run. However I'm pleased to report that after 2 fasts this week I am back down to 9st or 126lbs. Hopefully I am on course now for the rest of the Challenge

by Loulou51 » 14 Nov 2015
No.31 reporting in. Stayed the same this week; due to feeble fasting! Try harder next week. .

by Loulou51 » 21 Nov 2015

No 31 reporting in. I've lost 1lb this week which I am pleased about as I've done 3 sort of half hearted fasts this week. On the right side of 9st again now at 8st 13lbs

===
156 152.6
MEMBER 32 @tkinsley17 Oct 2015
Last update Nov 15 3.4kg 7 pounds 8 oz
I started 5:2ing at the beginning of the week. Sunday I was 156, and today after the second fast of the week I was at 152.6.

My goal for the challenge is to drop 8 more lbs, which hopefully will be relatively easy. I train for strongman, so I do need to be careful to fuel properly for that as it can be quite taxing.

Thanks, looking forward to following along and seeing everyone have success (including me).

Progress report Oct 20

Made it through yesterday's fast with no problems. Today, I weighed in at 152.6 again, which is 0.6 down from the same day last week. Given that I'm due to start my cycle any second, I suspect it will be lower next week. Waist has dropped a half inch at the belly button already as well.

27 Oct 2015,
Yesterday was a fast day and also an airport traveling day. I weighed in today at 153.2. That's up a pound from last week, but down a half pound from previous time last week, so I'm expecting a continued slow downward march here.

I feel good, energy level is good, fasting blood sugars are dropping into a normal range, and I actually am feeling real hunger most days, so I'm counting this all as a major win. As well, I did my strongman competition this weekend, and although I didn't even place, I managed to deadlift 335# (10# personal record), clean and press a 110# log five times in a row, and nearly loaded a 165# atlas stone to a 50 inch platform. Overall, I'm very pleased!

Nov 3 by tkinsley » 03 Nov 2015

Member 32 reporting in. I'm stalled at 152.6 after my last fast on Friday. Very frustrating. I'm not losing any inches, either.... not sure what's going on. My activity has been slightly lower than usual, with my daily step average under 9000, so I'll boost that up this week. Also, I am done with my post competition week off, so it's back to the heavy lifting 3x/week.

My "normal" days seem to be increasing in calories somewhat. I'm eating to hit a number, rather than to hunger, but I just really don't get hungry except on fast days, so I'm not sure how to work around that. Today is a fast day, so I guess I'll reassess tomorrow morning after I weigh and measure (and report in). I assumed I'd be around 150 by now. Nothing to be done but keep on keeping on, though. I'm not interested in dieting 7 days per week.

tkinsley » 17 Nov 2015

Member 32 with an overdue update. After a bit of a stall, I dropped to 150.6 last week. Then I traveled to Orlando and ate out every meal, so we'll see what that did to things. However, steady forward progress, right?

===

MEMBER 33 raggy Joined 19 Oct 2015 Last update 17 Dec (5 pounds)
I'd love to join this challenge...
I'm loosing and gaining the same pounds and could really do with some motivation

.. would love to loose 8lbs from a starting weight (which goes up/down by 7lbs) of 126lbs. If can just get past the 7lb mark and keep a downward trend, then maybe I can crack this

Progress report
October 31
Number 33 checking in: I've had two good fasts this week and am currently down 2lbs, which is the kick start that I needed after months of not committing to this.
Will be attending a Halloween party tomorrow and so my plan is to fast again on Sunday.
I think the best way for me to stick to my fast is to not eat until Dinnertime.

by raggy » 10 Nov 2015, 00:23

#33 reporting in: 1.5lbs down on last week with a total loss of 2.7lbs since starting.... Very pleased

by raggy » 30 Nov 2015, 19:52
Number 33 reporting in:
It's been up and down for me but managed two good fasts last week.
I'm currently 122.5lbs

» 08 Dec 2015, 03:27
#33 reporting in, 4lbs loss in total but this follows a high calorie weekend where I seem to have gained 2lbs and so I think I'll ignore this weigh in.

by raggy » 15 Dec 2015, 00:06

@@juliannerivers not sure where my updates have gone but I've been posting weekly updates but it's only showing that I've updated twice since 20th Oct.
start weight 126.2 lbs, current weight 121.2lbs, so a 5lb loss so far

====
MEMBER NUMBER 34 by JustMeB » 04 Nov 2015

YAY - I am finally going to get this started. I bought the Fast Diet book a while back and skimmed thru it but I just wasn't ready. Today I found this site and am so happy to have others to help with motivation and questions. I hope too that I can help to motivate those in need as the days go by (and the holidays get closer). I am starting today and will do my first fast day tomorrow. Since I am new to all of this I am not sure if in joining this thread there is something I need to post, other than basic states.

Thanks to you all for your postings. They do truly motivate me and help me to see that this is totally doable! :)

Live in - Southern CA, US
Weight - 146 lbs
Goal - 132 lbs (ultimate goal)

===

MEMBER NUMBER 35 by @nznicole Joined 09 Nov 2015
Hello, I would like to join the challenge.

I've been away from the website for the last 6 months and have managed to gain 9 lbs! in that time, so stricter accountability is a must.

If I join today : November 9th., until December 20th , that's about 6 weeks : my starting weight on the scale 150.2 lbs.

so I will try to lose 6 lbs.

Goal of 144.2

===

MEMBER 36 @Flic» 25 Nov 2015 Target loss of 6 pounds
Last update Dec 20 - Loss of 4 pounds
I'd like to join onto the challenge too, late as it might be as I recently got a bit more free time (and yes, it really is that close to Christmas. That's scary).
Anyhow, I've actually been fasting since the 1st May this year, when I weighed 184 ibs. I've kept up alternate day fasting since then (plus a lot of exercise in the way of having a very active dog) and currently am weighing in at 137 ibs as of 3 days ago. I'm looking to lose anything between 7-22 ibs more, and imagine my goal weight for Christmas would be something like 131 ibs (my average apparently is 1.5 ibs a week, and four-ish weeks to Christmas = 6 ibs).
Best of luck everyone, and every bit of weight lost is still a victory!

Progress report

by Flic » 18 Dec 2015, 18:39
Congrats @nursebean you've done so well!

As I'm working a grand total of 50 hours over 7 days over the coming week (eep!), I'm going to update my stats now as I'll probably forget otherwise! (TotM is due in like 2-3 days anyway and will probably mess my stats up as it usually does)

I just weighed in at 133 ibs (dead on 9 1/2 stone, 60.32kg I think it is). My weight loss really has slowed since October (as logically I knew it would. I just like the losses from ADF!) and I think it's more like 1 ib a week now. Not complaining really, I'm well within a normal BMI range and healthy and if my clothes are fitting fine its just a number on the scale. So I didn't quite make my goal of 131 ibs (think thats like 59kg? I'm English so I understand stones and pounds better :cool: ) but I'll probably hit that early next year.

Anyway best of luck to everyone! Best of luck on reaching your goals, and if I don't have time to post again I hope you all have a Happy Christmas and a Wonderful New Year.
Good job :like: - thanks for starting this Supa Challenge @Juliana.Rivers - you can count me in. I would like to lose 5kgs between now and early Dec. I have been doing really well lately, so am on a roll, but I do need to Fast two days a week.

cheers
Maggie. :smile: :smile:
Thank you @Maggiee for joining and welcome aboard.. 5kg means about 2.5 a month if its needed by early December ... so do really strict fasts days and really watch things on teh feasting days too. What day will you fast this week (apart from today)

Maybe do measurements too today. i havent done it for ages and should to.. i will on October 1.
Please count me in!
Aiming for 4 kg.
Thanks for being energetic enough to organise it!
Hellengerin wrote: Please count me in!
Aiming for 4 kg.
Thanks for being energetic enough to organise it!

@Hellengerin .. thank you for joining. You are Member number 3.. Welcome aboard.

I forgot how much fun this is. Certainly exercises my mind about food so its a win win.

total group loss goal is now 11kg.

Hellengerin, how are you planning to undertake the fasting regime
Juliana.Rivers wrote:
Hellengerin wrote: Please count me in!
Aiming for 4 kg.

Hellengerin, how are you planning to undertake the fasting regime

Standard 5:2, probably Mondays and Thursdays. Not too many big events planned or even holidays between now and the end of the challenge, after what seems like a year of them.
Thanks for stepping up and doing this again @Juliana.rivers. They do say that if you want something done, ask a busy person :lol:

As a maintainer I am going to focus on the behaviours that help me rather than on a scale reading. So looking back at my tracker, my best period was Lent, and looking back on what I was doing then I have picked out two tools over and above my now habitual WOE:

1) 10,000 steps minimum every day (rather than 20,000+ some days and barely 3,000 on others)

I will report how well I have kept to these along with how many pounds I deviate from my goal.

Good luck everybody, 3 days to the off!
barbarita wrote: Thanks for stepping up and doing this again @Juliana.rivers. They do say that if you want something done, ask a busy person :lol:

I will report how well I have kept to these along with how many pounds I deviate from my goal.

Good luck everybody, 3 days to the off!

haha to that first sentence!

You are number 4 @Barbarita.. your plan sounds good. What is the thoughts behind the only butter, brie and cream cheese? Just curious.
Count me in please.
I've been very lax since moving home. Getting odd fasts in here and there but nothing structured. I haven't weighed or measured since April!!!!!
I want to get back to structured fasting and when I do the big excise on the first Sat of October, I'll know how whether it's 5:2 or 4:3.
I fasted yesterday and then had an ordinary dinner. I intended doing a 500cal fast today, but was too hungry.
Overall challenge goal? Two 500 cal fasts a week and maybe a third ' half' fast or full dependent on excise results.
Oh, and a conscious effort to be active - much easier now I'm home and can go for walks and stuff.
Thanks for giving me the slap with the wet fish that was required , @Juliana.Rivers :wink: :bugeyes:
@Juliana.Rivers thank you for taking on to run this challenge! It's a much appreciated help. I personally need to watch the days between 2 fasts, which my OH and I do each and every week and have done for over 2 years. So I'm sure the damage could have been far worse but this summer I have free-wheeled on those days and it is an unhelpful habit. I will weigh in and measure on 1st October and report in with my goal. Please put me down to join the challenge. :like:
Count me in...I need to maintain this healthy lifestyle now that I have been a 'happy weight' for almost a year. It is my lifestyle now and if I miss a fastday for some reason then I really miss it. I am 58.5kg (was 76kg in Feb 2013) and my target is to keep within the 57-59kg range. I have a hectic time coming up with trips everywhere so could easily go off the rail.
janeg wrote: Count me in please.
Thanks for giving me the slap with the wet fish that was required , @Juliana.Rivers :wink: :bugeyes:

Thanks for joining again @JaneG. you are Member 5!

hey im remembering how i did this all again especially in updating the very long post 1. i remember having to ask @Moogietwice to extend the number of characters allowed in a post.
Count me in. My goal is to lose at least 12 pounds or more. I will do 5:2 or 4:3 with low carb eating.
Basically 2 and a half fasting days depending on what is happening that week. I tend to eat between 500-750 cals. on fasting days.
Thanks vey much Juliana, we very much appreciate your efforts :cool: I'll send a shout out to SIF challengers to join the Xmas challenge. That makes good sense :like:
Thank you JR! X
Please count me in
And welcome to @vinuela xx!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 Next
304 posts Page 1 of 21