The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

21 posts Page 1 of 2
Weekly Challenge week of Jan 30
30 Jan 2017, 02:19
Hi there
I have been watching all of the challengers doing so well that I thought I would jump in with my own challenge this week.

Mine is to walk to work one day this week - probably Wednesday. It is a small challenge (less than 3 kms) but just getting myself into the mindset of allowing more time in the morning, taking spare shoes, etc - all those things that help me procrastinate so well!!

And to meet that challenge I need to get to bed on time, so that is a sort of flow on challenge. Now that the Australian Open tennis is over, normal bedtimes can commence!! Have been staying up late to watch great tennis - go Federer!

Good luck to all the challengers this week,
Merry
Thanks so much for starting the thread @MerryMelb! Your challenge for the week sounds great. I think it's good to start small and build up!

My challenge this week is to be very strict about my eating window. I always skip breakfast (well, at least during the week) but I'm not always so good about keeping lunch and dinner within the 8 hours. So my main goal will be not to eat lunch until at least 12. And then I will try to be done with dinner by 7, but no later than 8.

And of course I will continue working on my previous challenges.

I look forward to hearing everyone else's!
Thanks Merry!

A change in my weekly challenge. I want to try to practice what I preach, and eat according to hunger. This is not a problem at all during the day, but in the evening my interpretation of my hunger signals goes a bit awry. I know I am eating for reward/comfort...

Strategies I plan to employ:
- having herbal teas after dinner, as I am less liable to snack with these than regular tea and coffee.
- making sure I feel replete after dinner. Having a decent size serve of protein helps with that.
- limiting the added sugar foods to no more than about 200cals a day, ideally eaten as part of a meal - or very last thing before retiring for the evening.
- having a range of healthy snacks available if my hunger is genuine, and selecting the ones my body is telling me it most needs.

Ideally I won't have to have any light days if I manage this challenge!!

I also have a couple of non-diet/exercise challenges that I want to start this week. These are a bit personal, so I won't state them here, but hope that by at least writing that these exist, this may also help me stick with them.

Best wishes to all fellow challengers! :clover:
Sounds like a plan, Sassy1, I hope it works out well.

I just wanted to pop-in to say that this week I lost 1.5 pounds, finally! That's a total of 3lbs. in the month of January and still slightly more than I was before the holidays, but at least it seems to be kicking in. I've no doubt these challenges are a big contributor to it!
I've been really sloppy about fast day calories lately. My challenge this week is to be stricter about that, but also, to stick to no alcohol at least two days this week. Kill two birds with one stone...
These are great challenges!

My goal for this week is three proper fast days, keeping calories to ~750 or fewer. Today I'm at about 175 calories so far, and I have a good plan for sticking to that. It's already almost 4:30. I have soup for dinner tonight, and I may have a grapefruit for dessert.
You must be very pleased cblasz! Good for you. :like:

I think the weekly challenges are definitely helping, and a really great idea - the time frame is perfect for making things seem achievable, and giving something a go. And if you succeed, you feel rewarded, but if you don't quite then you can change the challenge based on your experience and not feel a "failure" which you might if the challenge is over a longer period. It's a form of continuous improvement, I guess, something I have always been keen on,

My first day of the new week went very well. Minimal added sugar foods and no excessive snacking. And I have to admit I feel so much better for it. It was steak for dinner though, and I have found that of all the protein I eat, a chunk of red meat is the most satisfying in terms of my hunger. Pity really, as I would rather not have it!

Wishing all fellow challengers a good start to the week. :clover:
@MaryAnn - I'm sharing your goal of restricting alcohol. Last week, I managed to not have any drinks during the week except for one glass of wine with Thursday lunch, and it actually wasn't as hard I as thought. Definitely trying again this week.

@Tracieknits - Grapefruit!! I forgot about that, I love grapefruit, and will definitely get some for those times I just feel like eating something. Thanks for the reminder :D

My other goal this week as well, is to get my 7K steps a day in. I found 10K is a little too much and I get discouraged if I don't hit it, but 7K is a nice number and more achievable. Walking while listening to my favorite music also doubles as my 'therapy' :D

Good luck to everyone this week!
Hello everyone! Hope your week has kicked off well :)
My challenge this week will be to do the 3 days of fasting - dinner to dinner. Last week was missed because of Australia day festivities....
I also want to stick to clean eating as much as possible on the off days.
Hoping to lose 5kg fat in 4 weeks before the end of Feb - which is the end of Summer here. Thanks to @cblasz for the idea of putting my goals into the signature field... that way I can keep track of them
Hi everyone

I am happy to give myself a small star today as I walked to work this morning. It was a perfect morning for a walk, and I really enjoyed it. It followed on from a good fast day on Tuesday which gave me more motivation. A little win over my procrastinations!

I hope the week is going well for you too,

Merry
Great job Merry!

walking is one thing that's fallen by the wayside. But it's really cold out there -- and right now the roads are covered in a thin glaze of snow and ice. But mostly I've just been lazy and promising myself that March 1 I'll get back on a serious walking regimen
MaryAnn wrote: I've been really sloppy about fast day calories lately. My challenge this week is to be stricter about that, but also, to stick to no alcohol at least two days this week. Kill two birds with one stone...

So... fast day 1 this week: ~600 calories and a shot glass of wine. I had a stinking hangover, and you know, hair of the dog...
Still, it was better than I had been lately, so I consider it progress. Today is fast day 2 of the week, and I'm hoping to do a bit better...
Tracieknits wrote: Great job Merry!

walking is one thing that's fallen by the wayside. But it's really cold out there -- and right now the roads are covered in a thin glaze of snow and ice. But mostly I've just been lazy and promising myself that March 1 I'll get back on a serious walking regimen

I know how you feel Tracie. I've had a hard time getting my 15 minute walk in every day. But I do think that when it gets warmer and lighter that will help!!
I have not been doing great with my challenges this week. I've had a few treats that I am not supposed to have. Today they were before noon. I could blame my principal because she sent breakfast treats around this morning, but I'd already eaten a container of froot loops from the kids' breakfast!

I'm doing good with the water in the morning and green tea at night. But, the 15 minute walk hasn't been happening either. I'm getting a decent amount of steps, but not that actual walk. It seems like it should be so easy!

I should be able to do ok tomorrow, but Sunday is Super Bowl Sunday here in the U.S. and I'm going to a party!

But I'll try to keep sort of in control and try to do better next week!!
Well I managed to get my 3 days in dinner to dinner, but yesterday, I struggled to keep to 500cal...damn.
Maybe because it's a Friday night? I ended up eating a huge bag of crisps and having wine :(
Maybe it's a case of not picking Fridays???

But, on a happy note, I see I have lost 3 kg in the 3 weeks since I started. Very happy. I know it's rapid loss, but as long as I stick to the 4:3 I think it will stick.

Next week I'll do better. :confused:
21 posts Page 1 of 2