The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Last time I was here it was ...... What? 1 year and a half ago I think. I didn't have that much to lose but it worked great. I then maintained by fasting here and there but not consistently. I now have 5 pounds I want to lose so I started back 2 weeks ago.
Edited looked at my profile and it was 2years ago almost to the day......I guess august is start your fast month in my mind ;)
Welcome back!!
Welcome back and good luck!
Welcome back. 5 lbs, pouf!
Welcome back ..only 5 lb to lose ...* sigh* ..xx
Welcome back from me too. I am newly back as of last month too -- and it's been about a year and a half for me as well. I did well on 5:2 before and was losing nicely but one thing led to another and . . . there you go. I have a lot to lose, so I'm focusing on this as a way of life now. It's just what I do. I really want the health benefits as well as the weight loss, so I don't care how long the weight loss takes as long as it continues. In the meantime, I'm giving my body some good repair time and I hope it's happy!

Dee
Welcome back! I'm returning to the fold this month as well.
Had lost a good 15 lbs or so and then went off to try other things and find myself back here again...
Congrats to all on returning with a realistic, winning attitude. I guess it's part of growing up, something that takes some of us a long time--that would be me. :oops: I used to think that I fixed something" and went forward with the "fix" sticking. Life just doesn't work that way. :shock: It is more about living the change--or at least living up to the change on a daily basis while being realistic about the challenges inherent in that. Best of luck! :wink:
I hope that all you 'returners' are still with us and doing well? Why not post and let us know? Lots of us are still here, either maintaining now or still losing, so it's good to see the return of familiar names. Well done and good luck! :smile:
@StowgateResident
@Fitfunk is fighting fit on the fast threads! Yes?
@Yanika1 are you winning?
@Drdee is sorting out a grand de-cluttering?
:cool:
Lizbean,

Thank you for asking! I tried to reply last week but my post disappeared. Your question asking what my plan was was a good one. I thought about it for a bit and came up with this: my plan will be to do some de-cluttering each fast day. I have extra time and for some reason I always feel motivated on fast days. But since I have a tendency to bite off more than I can chew (or to start eating the whole elephant all at once), in a sane moment I decided I would only de-clutter one small area/drawer/shelf each fast day. And since I was getting lighter on fast days it would be in line to throw something away each time too.

So far it is going fine. I have decluttered two drawers in my bedside tables and three shelves in my pantry.

And I'm also pleased to report that in my first month back to 5:2 I not only started my de-cluttering project but I lost seven lbs!
Dee
@drDee I love a good de-cluttering! (My husband, not so much...)
Congrats on your first month back success!!

My first month back (so far) has been focused on getting back on track. I've weighed daily just to see the trends. There is a 4 lb. difference between the high and low weight recorded so far. I need to tweak some things for Sep. (I tend to tackle these plans on a monthly basis with spreadsheets and calendars etc.) :geek: I really tried to tackle the first month back (Aug) with an all-out effort, including step goals, 4:3, 16:8 and I think it was a bit much for me :doh: In Sep I'll return to 5:2, continue my C25k, one strength session per week. Other goals and schemes TBD :wink:
12 posts Page 1 of 1