The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

21 posts Page 1 of 2
G'day from Oz!
07 Oct 2015, 06:52
Hi everyone,
Just found this forum and I'm so glad I did! Looks like there's lots of good info here, and the folks are a lovely supportive bunch. I've only recently started the 5:2 diet (two weeks ago) and I'm loving it! I'm already noticing a big difference in my health; not only in the weight department. I was 71kg but am now 68kg... My goal is to reach 54kg by next winter (it's currently spring, down here in the southern hemisphere. LOL!) Truth be it, I am using myself as a guinea pig... Kind of like what Dr. Mosley did. I'm hoping my personal experiment will inspire my husband to follow in my footsteps. ;) Cheers!
Re: G'day from Oz!
07 Oct 2015, 09:25
Welcome to the forum @Fastidious.
You are doing so well! Have you measured everywhere? Adding up the millimetres lost can be very encouraging when the scales aren't going as fast as we would like them to.
Do let us know how you're getting on and drop into the fasting today thread for extra encouragement
:clover:
07 Oct 2015, 19:48
janeg wrote: Welcome to the forum @Fastidious.
You are doing so well! Have you measured everywhere? Adding up the millimetres lost can be very encouraging when the scales aren't going as fast as we would like them to.
Do let us know how you're getting on and drop into the fasting today thread for extra encouragement
:clover:

Thanks a million, Janeg! :) I try to record my waist measurements too, but I am terribly inconsistent. On days the scale doesn't budge (or worst, goes up), I grab a pair of pants that doesn't quite fit me and see if it's gotten a little less snug. Because I've also been exercising lots, I've been building muscles and that can throw the scales off with the weight (make you think you've put on weight when you've actually put on muscle.) Today is one of my fasting days, so I'll update my tracker this afternoon. Will most definitely keep y'all posted. Cheers everyone!
08 Oct 2015, 00:25
Welcome F to IF! Xbest of luck on yr fasting journey :like:
What a lovely part of the world you live!
08 Oct 2015, 06:38
CandiceMarie wrote: Welcome F to IF! Xbest of luck on yr fasting journey :like:
What a lovely part of the world you live!

Thanks CandiceMarie! :) I'm originally from Canada (my husband is Australian). Love the man, love the land... So much so, I moved here in 1998.
Today was my fasting day and it went... FAST! LOL! I didn't even see the day go by! Spend nearly 6 hours straight, doing some woodworking... Not one hunger pang! Bloody thirsty as anything, though! I'm shocking when it comes to remember to keep hydrated. :confused:
08 Oct 2015, 07:00
Definitely need to keep drinking water or tisanes or black coffee on a fast day, there is a lot of moisture in the food you'd usually be eating not going in!
Welcome to our happy band of fasting folk and join right in with everything. Good luck :like: :clover:
08 Oct 2015, 07:03
Hello! I'm
From Vic, second day of fasting today.. Had to do back to back but plan on doing Mon and We'd or Mon and Thurs if future... Both days I've gone to 600 cal as I'm super hungry and walking heaps. Have a 5 month old so I'm up at 4/5am most days and throughout the night...really need to lose 6 kilos but a def 4 in 4 weeks!! Arghh
08 Oct 2015, 07:12
Welcome @Fastidious and if you like a challenge there is the Xmas challenge you can sign up to. :clover:
08 Oct 2015, 20:12
Welcome @Fastidious - look forward to seeing how you get on!
:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
08 Oct 2015, 20:22
Azureblue wrote: Definitely need to keep drinking water or tisanes or black coffee on a fast day, there is a lot of moisture in the food you'd usually be eating not going in!
Welcome to our happy band of fasting folk and join right in with everything. Good luck :like: :clover:

Thanks Azureblue! Yup! I realized last night how much moisture that is... Note to self, avoid eating salad before going to bed. Five pitstops in one night is not very restful! LOL! Dem damn veggies! :D
08 Oct 2015, 20:26
KC15 wrote: Hello! I'm
From Vic, second day of fasting today.. Had to do back to back but plan on doing Mon and We'd or Mon and Thurs if future... Both days I've gone to 600 cal as I'm super hungry and walking heaps. Have a 5 month old so I'm up at 4/5am most days and throughout the night...really need to lose 6 kilos but a def 4 in 4 weeks!! Arghh

Hey fellow Aussie! :) I was the same as you when I started... REALLY super hungry! I do a lot of physical work, so that got to me too. But don't worry, mate... It will settle down. By the following week, my stomach had shrunk and learnt to shut-up rather quickly. I find that I am more active and alert than ever on my fasting day... Go figure!
08 Oct 2015, 20:27
Lizbean wrote: Welcome @Fastidious and if you like a challenge there is the Xmas challenge you can sign up to. :clover:

Hey Lizbean! I can't turn down a challenge... I might do that. ;)
08 Oct 2015, 20:29
Madcatlady wrote: Welcome @Fastidious - look forward to seeing how you get on!
:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:

Thanks Madcatlady (love the name!) :) I'm certainly enjoying the journey. I might need a wee bit of support when I start plateau-ing... That's normally when I struggle to keep at it.
08 Oct 2015, 20:48
@Fastidious it's great to see you are on board and loving it. Take it in your stride, easy does it, I did slow and steady and prepared for maintenance, that was the most trying aspect, it's now magic. :victory: Best to you and OH :clover:
08 Oct 2015, 20:57
Hello@KC15 and a warm welcome to you :smile: I may have missed this conversation, are you breast feeding? With a 4/5am get up and long day it's important we look after ourselves first. :heart:
21 posts Page 1 of 2