The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

28 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Hello!
16 Sep 2014, 17:12
Thank you everyone! I found the movie last night while looking around on FAQ and watched the entire thing. It completely has clicked in my head and makes complete since to me. It's like a breath of fresh air. I showed it to my husband but he isn't interested in the 5-2 diet because he says there is no way weight lifters could do it and he said he would be to crabby. So I went to the success forums and showed him pictures of guys who bulked up while doing 5-2.. it did peak in interest at that point. It think he is waiting to see how I do on it before he tries it.

The library is a great idea! We live near a small town so our library might not have it, but maybe one of the bigger city library might.

Is there any ipod apps that go along with 5-2? Ones that you just love?
16 Sep 2014, 17:24
The form of intermittent fasting we call 16:8 (daily 16 hour fasts) was invented by a body builder and he calls it leangains (his method includes some scheduled training and macronutrient plans as well though). You OH might be interested in that method? Read about it here: https://www.fastday.com/commercial-diet ... leangains/
And then there is the warrior diet in which you eat just once a day but have a huge long meal (essentially a kind of 20:4 pattern). That was also invented by a body builder. Read about it here: https://www.fastday.com/commercial-diet ... is-fast-5/
16 Sep 2014, 17:31
Thank you! :like:
18 Sep 2014, 22:53
I changed my name to Canoearo and dropped an O so my user name isn't easily googled by people who know me as the other one
18 Sep 2014, 22:54
I updated my name to make it harder for people to google me- but it's still me :)
19 Sep 2014, 01:12
Hi @Canoearo and @Canoearoo -

Two things - first if you don't want people to find you, I would gently suggesting something like Canoe_Fan, Canoe_Lover, or Canoe_Girl as a screen name. Dropping one "o" will still allow people to find you, especially since the posts are together.

I don't think you need to create a third account. I suspect @Fast_Paul might be able to change your screen name for you.
19 Sep 2014, 01:35
Thank you for the help :) I appreciate it
19 Sep 2014, 01:45
I sent @fast_paul a PM hopeing he can help me. Thanks again @Tracieknits
19 Sep 2014, 21:27
Ok I think he fixed it for me. I can access all my posts again :)
20 Sep 2014, 15:34
@carorees is it possible to loose weight doing 6-1? I might be able to convince my husband to try that but I didn't want to bother if it didn't work
20 Sep 2014, 15:53
Are you a wanted woman @Canoearo0? :shock:
20 Sep 2014, 16:03
Most people use 6:1 for maintenance only. The appetite suppression effects of fasting really only last for the day after a fast. That leaves five days to really overeat ;-)
20 Sep 2014, 16:44
ok thank you tracieknit
28 posts Page 2 of 2