The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

28 posts Page 1 of 2
Hello!
15 Sep 2014, 14:44
Hi everyone! Today is my first day doing 5-2. Back in my 20's I got over 60 pounds over weight. Then I learned about exercise and attended the weigh down work shops and lost it all. I was able to maintain my weight loss for 16 years but 2 year back I started to slip. Then we had a really long and cold winter and I put on 14 pounds. I have been trying to loose it for the last year and my old tricks are not working. I sat down to think about how I lost it before and figured out I use to fast 1/2 the day similar to the 16:8 fast. I have tried that all summer but just couldn't be consistent. The phrase I kept saying to myself is Hunger is empowering.. so last night I google that phrase and the first thing that popped up was fastday.com. I read though it and this all makes since to me. It makes fasting an organized and understandable goal. I think I have the will power to do 5-2 especially because you are aloud 500 calories on the fast. I also like the flexibility of it. So I look forward to getting to know all of you on this life time journey. The one question I do have is do you think it is worth the money to buy the book? Or is this website good enough? Thank again!
Re: Hello!
15 Sep 2014, 14:54
Welcome! I'm so glad you found us. this way of eating has been a revelation to a lot of us helping us our weight and food issues and putting us back in control. We'd love to help you on journey!

As for the books, while they are an informative starting point, you really can find all you need and more on this website and forum. It contains the combined experience and knowledge of thousands of fasters!
15 Sep 2014, 14:56
Hi there and welcome to the best forum on the web! I truly believe you will find all the help. advice and support you could ever need from reading the articles and tapping into the accumulated knowledge of the members on here, so no need to but the book or waste money joining clubs. Tons of info on here and always friendly ear to answer any questions!
15 Sep 2014, 15:03
Welcome @Canoearoo
So glad you've found us because you'll get no better chance of losing that unwanted weight while also enjoying your regular foods and treats.
Lots of members including me only eat evening meal because once we eat a lunch it wakes up the hunger monster in us then that fastday is doomed waiting all day is far easier than you first think it will be then we can make those 500 cals go a very long way sometimes a 2 course meal of veggie based ingredients cutting down on carbs on fastday is a very good tip we go into fatburning quicker, good luck and measure everywhere before you start and pop back and let us all know how you're getting on :clover: :clover: Sue
15 Sep 2014, 15:17
Hi n welcome,god to meet you roo!
I bought the book and just glanced at it..learnt what i needed to know on here..i really feel the book isnt necessary,long as you're willing to browse on here,where there's
lotsadvice,support,info and fun to be had!
16 Sep 2014, 12:57
Well I survived the first day! It really wasn't that bad. So how does one get connected on the form? Where does everyone mostly hangout? Is there a chat room? What is a tent?
16 Sep 2014, 14:54
Canoearoo wrote: Well I survived the first day! It really wasn't that bad. So how does one get connected on the form? Where does everyone mostly hangout? Is there a chat room? What is a tent?

Hello and welcome from me too. Well done for not giving in yesterday.
There are many ways to connect here. At the moment there isn't a chat room, but it is in the pipeline. The Chatterbox tent is the general chit chat one. You can start your own blog, you can buddy up with someone of similar ideas, goals, lifestyle etc. you may also pop into tents for inspiration ie the lo carbers tent, the IF tent, the glamorous grannies tent, the CFS tent, the 4.3 tent. They are just permanent threads/topics which everyone can pop into and join in. There's a gardeners tent, fashionista tent. Something for everyone really.

Look forward to seeing you tent hop soon.
:confused:
16 Sep 2014, 15:09
what sub-forum are all these tents in?
16 Sep 2014, 15:11
never mind I think I found it:

"Come join us in a tent at the Fastonbury glamorous camping grounds, or put up your own tent! Tents are a great place to find likeminded souls in similar situations or with similar interests. Think of them as a sort of a club or group."
16 Sep 2014, 15:23
So why isn't my picture showing up next to my name? Is their a minimum post requirement?
16 Sep 2014, 15:30
Canoearoo wrote: So why isn't my picture showing up next to my name? Is their a minimum post requirement?

I'm not sure, you have obviously uploaded one then?
16 Sep 2014, 15:33
never mind I figured it out.. it is to big.
16 Sep 2014, 16:53
Hi @canoearoo and welcome!

Love the avatar...very appropriate to your user name! I'm glad you're finding your way around the site, and I hope you will find all the information you need either from the articles in the Fasting library or by asking here in the forum where someone will sure to be along to help out.
16 Sep 2014, 17:03
Hi @Canoearoo if you haven't already seen it i would recommend watching Dr Mosley's video first and then decide if you want to buy the book as well. It is about an hour long and you can access it by googling "Michael Mosley video" it is the one called "Eat Fast and Live Longer". It is the video that got many folks on here started on this way of life.
Welcome aboard!
16 Sep 2014, 17:04
Hello and welcome. If you don't want to spend money on the book, see if your local public library has a copy (that's what I did). Anyway I think most of the information in the book can be found online.
28 posts Page 1 of 2