The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

16 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi from the U.S.
26 Jan 2015, 14:33
I am starting today. I've been dieting for most of my life, but now I'm viewing 5:2 as a lifestyle change. I'm happy to be part of this forum!
Re: Hi from the U.S.
26 Jan 2015, 15:24
Welcome :clover: Lots of people here from the US and globally. Lot's of fabulous advice and tips here. Good luck :cool:
26 Jan 2015, 15:28
Thanks for the welcome!
26 Jan 2015, 18:12
Welcome from another SoCal person !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
26 Jan 2015, 19:58
Hi from snowy Connecticut!
26 Jan 2015, 20:07
Hi there and welcome to the forum!
Hope you Us folk are ok...i hear on the news there's heavy snow in places..
Keep warm @cblasz and everyone!
27 Jan 2015, 20:31
HI full of grace, how did your first day go?
28 Jan 2015, 01:03
Hi @fullofgrace - hope you find all the resources you need here

Good luck

:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
28 Jan 2015, 01:27
Hello and Welcome, @fullofgrace! Nice name :like:
28 Jan 2015, 01:36
Welcome to the forum!
28 Jan 2015, 02:24
Hi, from just up the road in Washington....yes, it's raining :grin: I'm on my 3rd week and it's going great! Down 6.8 pounds. First week 5.2 lbs, second week 1.6 lbs and so glad that I only had to diet 3 days a week to get there. Love it!
28 Jan 2015, 08:27
Welcome to this forum fullofgrace . Although I am also new in this forum and recently joined this community as a member. Whould you like to tell me how you want to change your lifestyle?
28 Jan 2015, 15:32
Welcome.

I'm from the other side of the continent, Snowy Boston!

I just joined a few weeks ago and have lost about 7 lbs.

I'm really enjoying that I don't think about food nearly as much as I used to, and that I don't view hunger as an emergency any more. I find that tea (hot right now) has become a great friend. Also, lots of brief walks around the office when I get distracted by hunger (which happens less often then I would have thought!).

best of luck!
03 Feb 2015, 16:52
Just curious, is anyone doing 16:8 (fasting for 16 hours with an 8 hour eating window)? I bought the book The 8 Hour Diet, and it's a very interesting read. So I started researching time restricted fasting. I think this is the way to go for me, to make this a true lifestyle, if I have to be honest with myself. I really hate counting calories (5:2) for even two days a week. I'd much rather time my hours. But it's wonderful that so many are successful with 5:2.
03 Feb 2015, 17:08
Hi @fullofgrace. I have been doing Fast-5 (19 hours fasting, 5 hours in which to eat) successfully for over a year now. No calorie counting. A few people on this forum have tried 16/8 with no counting and on the whole it did not work for them, some people are doing it and find it works for maintenance but I know I could eat too much in 8 hours. If 19/5 seems a bit daunting, why not start with 16/8 and very gradually reduce the eating window?
16 posts Page 1 of 2