The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

13 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi! Starting 5:2 Tomorrow!
23 Jul 2014, 23:10
Tomorrow is the day. That is all. Carry on!
Re: Hi! Starting 5:2 Tomorrow!
23 Jul 2014, 23:48
Hi Daisy - welcome to the forum

Why don't you tell us a little about yourself :-)
24 Jul 2014, 00:53
Hi Tracie. I have about 70 lbs. to lose. I have been on every diet under the sun. I have read extensively about 5:2 fasting. I have the Mosley books and the Harvie books (The Harvie 2 Day Diet books being my favorites).

So here I am. Thank you very much for the welcome. Daisy
24 Jul 2014, 01:33
Hi daisychain and welcome! You will find heaps of support from people who have been on the same journey you are heading on, so good luck!
24 Jul 2014, 04:41
Welcome and good luck, Daisychain.

I first visited this site after I first started 5:2 (or 4:3 in my case), and was struggling a bit in the afternoons on fast days. I got lots of friendly and helpful advice and I haven't left since.
24 Jul 2014, 04:57
Welcome Daisychain, you sound prepped and ready to go. I always log on to the Fasting Today thread on fast days and that keeps me on track. If I am struggling or not, it's always good to know others are with you.
24 Jul 2014, 05:26
Hi @Daisychain and a warm welcome to the forum. I totally agree with @Sallyo that popping in to the forum and chatting to others who do care, do understand and do want to know how you are doing, is special support. I have found that it's so much more comfortable than talking to friends who may not be interested in your details. So plug into the forum and visit often! :clover:
24 Jul 2014, 08:26
Welcome Daisychain and good luck with your journey! Lots of help and support here so call in regularly..read all the info here too,its invaluable! X
24 Jul 2014, 10:43
Hi Daisy,
Good luck on your journey with 5 2 - it works. Really (and I, like lots of people on here, have tried everything under the sun before without lasting success). My advice (and you probably don't need it!) would be to take each day as it comes but stick at it - we all have bad days, but if you persist, you will succeed. It's not a quick fix and I've seen people get despondent if they don't lose weight quickly - but it works. And use the forum - it's full of great advice, people's experiences, and support.
24 Jul 2014, 12:14
Thank you so much for the encouraging welcomes.

I am in no rush! I know this weight piled on slowly. One morning I woke up and was 70 lbs. overweight. It's amazing, the denial we are in.

Anyway, thanks again. What a great group.
25 Jul 2014, 12:05
Welcome @daisychain I'm a bit late with that one
But just wanted to let you know this WOL is not a quick fix
but it WORKS!!!!
:clover: Good. Luck from one big loser to a future big loser. lol
I'm going to be here for some time yet so I'll keep you company on your 5:2 journey, hope your first fast went well. :heart: Sue. :heart:
25 Jul 2014, 12:44
Daisychain wrote: Tomorrow is the day. That is all. Carry on!

@Daisychain so today's the day! Go get 'em! Tons of water, tons of coffee or tea, if you get unbearably hungry say you'll wait twenty minutes to eat, as most hunger pangs will pass by then.

Happy fasting!
25 Jul 2014, 21:30
Welcome to the forum. How are you getting on with your first fast day?
13 posts Page 1 of 1