The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

39 posts Page 1 of 3
[color=#FF00FF]Hi, I'm new to the forum but not to Fasting. Trying to figure out how to use the forum and if there are one or two active threads were people chat daily and let each other know how they are getting on!? I found it tricky figuring out how to post.

I'm in England I'm age 48 and 5'4 tall and been fasting for 14 weeks very successfully. I started at 19 stone 2 lbs (268) the heaviest I've ever been and I just hated myself. Today I weigh in at 16 stone (224) and like myself a bit more lol .
I started fasting 2 days a week, Monday/Wednesday eating just one 500 calorie meal around 8pm. I sometimes do 3 days and include a Friday. I do count calories because I just don't know the calorie content of a lot of food and find this keeps me on the straight and narrow. Although I have had a handful of desserts in the 14 weeks I prefer to just not have any sugar other than those contained in the fresh foods I eat. I eat sugar, I gain, how annoying hey lol.

I have for the most part found fast days easy and even though I eat out 2/3 times a week I make good food choices and stay well under my TDEE. Mine is 1966 but I rarely go to 1500, it averages around 11/1200 a day.

Well that's my story, I look forward to finding out yours.

Jaye [/color]
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your weight loss!! Great job

Yes, we have "fasting today" threads that are active every day and a good number of faithful regulars. I hope you enjoy :-)
Thank you Tracie, I will look for them and join in. I have found one today for 'Wednesday fasters'/

Well done on your loss too! Fasting is soooo much better than any diet.

I am an English size 24, thats an American 20. I want to adopt your sizing lol . I was a size 28!
Hello @Jayegirl welcome to the forum. I'm in my 5th month of maintaining a 24lb loss. Finding this forum and the wonderful support of forum friends has been key to my success. Look forward to catching up with you soon :clover: :cool:
Welcome JayeGirl! You're off to a great start! Congratulations!
Goodness gracious @jayegirl - what a brilliant start you have made! How thrilled you must be! I am so pleased for you.

Lovely to read how enthusiastic you are about fasting. Look forward to chatting more...
Hi and welcome! Good luck on yr journey x
Hi Jaye, a very warm welcome from me to. You have made a truly impressive start and I hope you keep your enthusiasm and determination. You seem to be knowing what you are doing but there is also lots of information here on this web site. Please share any thoughts, questions or information you may have.

Good Luck :lol:
Hello and welcome from me too.
Wow you've done very very well, I hope to see some before and after pics!!!
The more you post here the easier it gets, don't be put off by the odd thread titles we chat about most things here, we also have a buddy system so that you can encourage, be encouraged by like minded fasters. Walking thread, low carb thread, going alcohol free thread, fashion. You name it we've got it.
Good luck with your continued success.
Welcome Jayegirl! Good luck and you're doing awesome so far :)
Wow! Thanks guys, what a lovely and enthusiastic welcome. And thank you for the support and lovely comments. It's lovely reading how well you are all doing and that some are on maintenance. I'm a long way from there.

When I started this I figured I would lose 2 stone and if I could keep that off I would be happy. Now.... After losing 3 stone and I know it's slowing down, I truely believe that by the time I am 50 (next August) I will be slim... And maintaining and loving it lol. Not sure what size I will go to, depends on my face lol. My Mum used to say 'after 40 you have to choose between your face and your bum'. If I go down to 9 stone-ish I wll have lost 10 stone and I'm not sure my face and body will look great at that weight. So for now my goal is 11 stone but in 7lb increments. That will be another 8 stone lol lol. Shesh that's a lot lol. But then so is losing 45lbs so I know it's doable.

I was very strict, still am really. I've cut out all 'treats' and sugar, very few 50/50 foods. I see treats as an 'occasional thing' not even once a week for me unless it's a real celebration. I've had about 6 in 14 wks. I did drink all through the first 10 weeks, a bottle of Prosecco on Saturday nights and I still lost. Then I started FBD and did it for 4 wks, so no alcohol and no treats at all. I finished that this week as I'm away this weekend.... Hope there won't be massive damage done come Monday lol. I have Ladies Night at the races on the 29th so I will drink a bottle then and then my holiday starts 11th June. 10 nights half board lol . I have already accepted that I will gain a fair amount and that 'this is life'. I will get right back into fasting when I return home. I have my brothers wedding August 1st, Races the week after and my birthday so I will have plenty of incentive to lose as much as possible.

My exercise is limited, I have severe arthritis in spine, hips, knees. Was only moderate 6 mths ago. Upsetting it's so much worse after losing 3 stone in 3 months. That said the worst most debilitating back pain I have suffered for the last 18mths cleared up after the first 2 stone. So that's fantastic. I hope the 30 mins of stretching and then 30 mins of muscle strengthening and maintenance I do each day will also help with this. I do keep moving and get out as much as possible too. I've also invested in an exercise ball and small Pilates balls, yoga mat, ring and all the strenghthening kit. I hope to move into more safe exercise that will continue to help and create more flexibility. I'm using videos I have found on line plus exercises my physio gives me. Anyone who has any exercise advice please shout up.

I have some horrible and stark before pics and some taken along the way. I take a pic or two each week to compare. Is there somewhere I can post them?

Thanks again ladies, good luck and happy fasting.

Jaye
Hoping that I can add some pics... Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the before and after pics! You can definately see the changes and that blue dress is lovely :)

Keep up the good work!
Congratulations Jayegirl, looking good :grin: keep it up you are doing amazingly
Crikey @jayegirl - fabulous pictures! They really show your progress, don't they? Talk about motivating!! You should be so proud of yourself. Check out your emerging waist - I do hope you have measured yourself...because the stats are going to be amazing.....

I am so looking forward to following your further progress! I always laugh when I hear that comment about women having to choose - so unfair, eh?

Are you a Leo?! I have a birthday in August too!
39 posts Page 1 of 3