The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

6 posts Page 1 of 1
PCOS
02 May 2014, 22:14
I am not sure if this is in the right place for this question , but my daughter in law has PCOS and I have read that PCOS can be caused by insulin resistance. I would like to help her and would like to know if any of you have had this problem and have cured it through fasting?
I believe that a cure through fasting is in its infancy. Any help would be greatly appreciated .
Re: PCOS
03 May 2014, 09:15
I have redirected myself to the Poly-cystic Ovary Syndrome & 5:2 thread!
03 May 2014, 09:37
Thanks @izzy. There doesn't seem to be much on the subject at all and the experiences some people have had with their doctors hasn't been good either. I wonder if carorees has come across anything. I've now read the other threads and it's mainly about weight loss, but I know there's a link to insulin resistance here, but I need more information. :bugeyes:

'Can you help at all @carorees please?' :oops:
03 May 2014, 09:45
I don't know much about PCOS but I do know they sometimes treat it with metformin which is a drug used to treat people with type 2 diabetes so I reckon that must be something to do with the insulin resistance thing.
03 May 2014, 11:31
Auriga, I'm not good at posting links on my iPad but if you google 'P.C.O.S. And insulin resistance' you will find a whole host of sites which look interesting from NHS to BUPA etc.

Ballerina x :heart:
03 May 2014, 12:17
Quite a lot of info on the Diet Doctor site too but mostly the ladies on there have used Low Carb High Fat. He seems to have a steady stream of women who have reversed it and gone on to give birth. Worth a look.
6 posts Page 1 of 1