The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

44 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: Errors when posting
13 Oct 2013, 20:22
Problem still there @Moogie and last night twice it read error and site at capacity. Though you would want to know
13 Oct 2013, 20:36
Still playing up when posting
13 Oct 2013, 20:48
Oops I've just ended up posting 3 times, anyway you can delete? Sorry
13 Oct 2013, 20:50
Well, you were in a panic, Ooppps!!! :)
13 Oct 2013, 20:51
I thought it was me haha!
13 Oct 2013, 20:57
I'm still getting it. I just click on continue, then make sure my reply has been posted before going to a new topic, without posting a second reply.
13 Oct 2013, 21:37
Sorry about this, host still investigating.

If anyone should get any other messages it'd be really handy to have a screenshot or a copy'n'paste of the wording, ta.
14 Oct 2013, 07:26
Still happening...
14 Oct 2013, 09:27
Testing from the full reply box & by previewing before submitting...
14 Oct 2013, 09:28
Made no difference.
14 Oct 2013, 10:12
My screen just goes blank when i post and i have to completely reload. Most odd!
14 Oct 2013, 10:30
Moogie was there any change on the server in the last week or so. (e.g. PHP version, Mysqu database upgrade)

seems a common PHPBB problem

this search on their forum reveals many things to look at
https://www.phpbb.com/community/search. ... 2&start=15

I deal with computer web problems most of my waking days so I know it could be anything.
14 Oct 2013, 11:31
Funny you should say that, I just asked the host that this morning as they manage the server software for us.

We had an odd bug-out with MySQL last Thursday which made the forum inaccessible & couldn't be put down to anything specific. I couldn't get it restarted so the host then restarted it and the forum came back up - apparently with these posting problems. I have to assume it's something server side as nothing has changed code wise.

Strange thing is it's intermittent, which says to me it's not the code. Gotta be server or something up in the database. Argh!
14 Oct 2013, 11:39
Moogie wrote: Funny you should say that, I just asked the host that this morning as they manage the server software for us.

We had an odd bug-out with MySQL last Thursday which made the forum inaccessible & couldn't be put down to anything specific. I couldn't get it restarted so the host then restarted it and the forum came back up - apparently with these posting problems. I have to assume it's something server side as nothing has changed code wise.

Strange thing is it's intermittent, which says to me it's not the code. Gotta be server or something up in the database. Argh!

Pass this link you your hosts https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=1051275

ive seen blank screens suddenly on working systems and its related to memory allocation, sometimes can be solved by adjusting php.ini or other core files

must be all of posts in the 69ers club thread using up resources (kidding!)
44 posts Page 3 of 3