The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

111 posts Page 8 of 8
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
:curse: Oh silly me, and I thought mobile meant a new phone app. !!!!!
I could do with a phone app where I can get out my mobile and just show people what the FastDay forum looks like so they have a quick/direct link to you.

Had two days off work with whatever bug WA has to offer this week. Our nurse is sick too and the replacement Nurse just brought up my Mason Jar lunch today and one thing led to another, which was 5:2 and she wanted details of the books and forum. It would have been easier for me to just show her the app on the phone. Either I am really dumb and your laughing because there is such a thing or I am looking for something that is not yet available. Can the forum please put me on the right track. Also how do I load it to my phone if there is another way than via getting to gooogle search all the time. By the way Carrine, welcome to the forum if you have managed to follow my weird instructions. Our replacement Nurse) and I hope I have your name right. Too many new fraces today. I appologise
Many thanks
tenshi
Sorry @tenshi, there isn't an app, but you can bookmark the site in your phone's browser to save having to google it each time! Bookmark https://forum.fastday.com/
Juliana.Rivers wrote:
barbarita wrote: Well it looks completely different now but I still want to be able to pinch to reduce or increase the font size, I do not like having one imposed on me. Also when I type in the reply box as here the text is in double spacing uggghh!

I guess teh font on desktop will be settled at some point but I would agree with you barbarita that not allowing pinch zoom on a mobile is a big no no. its about 1 line of code to allow it and it has no drawback and allows people like me even with my huge Note 2 to see the words particularly very late at night. Ive only come across a few sites that dont allow pinch zoom (youtube is one) but most news sites and i think wiki now has pinch zoom. sometimes i zoom to 3 or 4 words a line but thats ok.

i cant use youtube on a mobile without it.
With facebook they dont pinch zoom on mobile version which i hate so i do the trick of using desktop with
https://facebook.com/home.php found that trick on a site some time ago and no w only use that

Hi all, any chance we will get the pinch zoom on mobile. I dont have any way of seeing the site on the mobile in bed late at night. can you force the desktop view in any way like on facebook?
bump.

I wanted to read the forum in bed last night on my mobile and just couldnt see the letters. I have a Note 2 which is big but i defy anyone without perfect vision or a magnifying glass to see the text without straining.

Clearly the technical people on the forum dont agree so i went hunting the net to see if you can personally force a browser to pinch zoom.

i found it

via
http://www.computerworld.com/article/24 ... etter.html

it says...

3. Let yourself zoom where you want to zoom

It drives me crazy when I'm looking at a website from my phone and the site has a mobile-specific view in place that prevents me from pinching in to zoom. How 'bout letting me decide if I want something to be bigger, Mr. Web M. Aster?

Luckily, Chrome for Android has a way for us override a site's demands and take back control. Open up the browser's main settings and tap "Accessibility," then check the option called "Force enable zoom."

That's it: You can now pinch to zoom wherever you want, whether the website technically supports the option or not. Easy enough, right

what a find.. in case anyone else agrees though i think i must be the only one here... there is a solution

now i can read and reply to posts in bed or on a train. :like: :like: :like:
Juliana.Rivers, I can't find where "accessibility" is on my iPad Safari settings...

I am still frustrated about a number of other things too with the new site:
- no link to most recent post in a thread
- "thanks" often (but not always) reloading the page to the top and so I have to scroll down to return to where I was
- menu only appearing at top of screen, so when I get to bottom of page have to scroll to top to go somewhere else
- not always getting a PM when tagged
- screen freezing and me losing what I have typed.
Probably others too...
Sassy1 wrote: Juliana.Rivers, I can't find where "accessibility" is on my iPad Safari settings...

I am still frustrated about a number of other things too with the new site:
- no link to most recent post in a thread
- "thanks" often (but not always) reloading the page to the top and so I have to scroll down to return to where I was
- menu only appearing at top of screen, so when I get to bottom of page have to scroll to top to go somewhere else
- not always getting a PM when tagged
- screen freezing and me losing what I have typed.
Probably others too...

its a Chrome thing... are you using Chrome @Sassy1.. and if not can you download it from Playstore. theres a settings thing in there in the normal place for chrome. dont think safari has it
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
111 posts Page 8 of 8