The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

111 posts Page 1 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8 Next
New mobile forum has launched!
29 Sep 2014, 07:55
For those of you who haven't read this week's newsletter (http://eepurl.com/3_se5), I'm delighted to announce that the new mobile version of the forum will be launching soon! Hopefully in the next couple of days, I'll try to give you a heasdsup when it's happening and there will be a mailout to let you know too :)

EDIT (2nd October 2014)
The new mobile forum has now launched! Hope you like it :)

If the forum is looking rather messy, with text overlaid onto other text and things generally in the wrong place, please try these things:
1. On a desktop computer, force a browser refresh - this means holding CTRL while pressing the reload button on your browser. Not sure of the Mac equivalent!
2. If (1) fails, please try clearing your browser cache. Browsers try to be clever by remembering how a site looks. Because we've changed some elements of the page, it may be getting confused (especially if you come here often!). Clearing the cache should do the trick to fix it :)
Woohoo!
Brilliant! I am really having problems viewing the new website on my nokia windows phone. When I look at the general info pages and my account pages, it's fine, but on the forum pages it cuts off the right hand side of the page. I can't scroll across and if I zoom in or out the right hand side is still cut off. I'm on mobile view so I don't know why it won't squeeze the page to fit the screen. It's most annoying as it means I can't fully read people's comments or move on to the next page of replies. Hopefully the mobile app will help my phone translate the content better.
:smile: Wow, really looking forward to it, hope for android too.

Happy fasting!!! :smile:
Looks like the tech boys have 'pushed the button' - hope you like the tidy up :)
seems the desktop has changed too.
love it! well done
but...
still think the default font can be bigger on desktop.

i use control + to get to say 130% to see the text.

as the boys say... whilst they are "down there" beg them to increase the font size in style sheet. (if you agree)
Wow @Juliana.Rivers, you don't think the font on the desktop is big enough? I was thinking how it was too big and have shrunk it to 90%!!! Wonder why our experience is so different?
carorees wrote: Wow @Juliana.Rivers, you don't think the font on the desktop is big enough? I was thinking how it was too big and have shrunk it to 90%!!! Wonder why our experience is so different?

It will depend on your screen resolution.

i have a 1920 x screen res which actually is used by a good percentage of desktop users
do you know yours as that is odd. i definitelyhave to increase the font
i work with usability on desktops in my job and the font is definitely anything i would recommend for main body text of site
looking at css it appears to be

font: 62.5%/1.2 Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif

thats a percentage setting that im not particularly familiar with but for my res its definitely small

i use control + but i had for other reasons quizzed 3 random people and they didnt know it existed.
My screen res is 1680 x 1050 for a 22 inch screen.

I'll ask the tech boys anyway :smile:
The new mobile version seems to have completely messed up my view of the forum on a Mac Airbook (using Safari browser) - nothing's in the right place, people's signature text obscures anything they write in a message etc. Presumably the gremlins and bugs will sort themselves out.
I found that it was messed up when I first accessed it but refreshing the page sorted it out. You might need to clear the cache I think also.
Help, the site is now all wrong on my Silk browser on Kindle, the text will not resize and the text on the right is chopped off and I cannot swipe to the left to see anything on the right hand side. Please put it back as it was. I cannot use it!!!
I BLINKIN LOVE IT.
That's all.
:heart:
Also where has View Active Topics gone? I hate this.
Hi barbarita,

Sorry to hear about that. Have you tried clearing the cache on your browser - instructions are here:
https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-clear-cookies-browsing-history-and-cache/kindle-fire
barbarita wrote: Help, the site is now all wrong on my Silk browser on Kindle, the text will not resize and the text on the right is chopped off and I cannot swipe to the left to see anything on the right hand side. Please put it back as it was. I cannot use it!!!

Paul (fast_paul)
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8 Next
111 posts Page 1 of 8