The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

21 posts Page 1 of 2
Well, there have been various requests for this since the forum launch, and while I wasn't happy with the prospect of allowing an external app (eg TapaTalk) to access our data, I've now found a rather nice mobile skin for the forum which doesn't pose those security risks!

So, now if you browse on your mobile device you should be switched to the mobile version of the site, with the option to switch back (your preference should be remembered!).

Some of the forum features, such as thanking for posts, similar topics list and recent topics on the homepage are not included in this cut down version of the site. However, the tracker and blogs should still work (though I may need to tinker with the layout a bit). I may be able to add in the thanks mod at some point, but the others I think will just clutter up the page on a small screen.

If you find any bugs do let me know here and I'll try to sort them out!

Also, if you only ever use a mobile device here and would prefer to always use the mobile version, you can now select which theme you want to use in your User Control Panel - you should have options for the Desktop version or Mobile version.

It may not be beautiful, but it works :)
Thank you so much :like: :smile:
That's so kewl! Just playing with it now :D Thankyou!
Just discovered this too...looking good! :cool:
Yes good change, makes it much easier from a mobile, thank you Moogie.
Is there a way to 'mark all forums read' on the mobile site? I may have just overlooked it!
Wow thats neat ! This will give me hours of pleasure on the commute to work !

Many thanks
HopefulHeart wrote: Is there a way to 'mark all forums read' on the mobile site? I may have just overlooked it!

Should be at the bottom of the homepage, just above the 'switch to full style' button :)
Moogie wrote:
HopefulHeart wrote: Is there a way to 'mark all forums read' on the mobile site? I may have just overlooked it!

Should be at the bottom of the homepage, just above the 'switch to full style' button :)

See, told you I'd have just missed it :D Thankyou.
thanks moogie
am sat waiting for my tablet pooter to arrive so now i can browse all day at work and all night at home

jeniben
Thank you. I've just noticed it now. Dies it have anywhere where we can see the latest posts like on the full site?
Looking good on my iphone, much easier to browse!
Thanks Moogie:)
Umleila wrote: Thank you. I've just noticed it now. Dies it have anywhere where we can see the latest posts like on the full site?

I think if you click one of the icons in the top right (er, spyglass and a cog? - it's probably the spyglass) it should give you those options :)
Hiya - am I right in thinking the Smiley icons aren't available on the mobile site? Does anyone know the keyboard shortcuts for them as an alternative ?
21 posts Page 1 of 2