The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Oops, stayed up a bit later than I probably should have tonight looking into some additions for the forum ;)

Anyway, this one wasn't too tricky to get set up and all seems to be working properly!

You can now tag other users in your posts, using the tag bbcode, eg:

Code: Select all
[tag]Moogie[/tag]

This not only links directly to the user's profile but notifies the user by PM of where they were tagged - handy if you want to call a particular member's attention to a post!

You can also opt not to receive tagging notifications (which sort of defeats the point of the above, but fair enough if that's what you want :)) or to receive them by email. This setting can be found in your User Control Panel under Board Preferences->Edit Posting Defaults.

Enjoy :D
That's really cool @Moogie! :like:
Well done @LittleJoy
Well, it frightened the life out of me earlier to be notified that I'd been tagged! I thought, oh goodness, what have I done now and will it be painful, phew, so glad to see I was not being tarred, feathered and run out of town.

Ballerina x :heart:
Well I am obviously challenged - where is the tag button? I can only see ! Quote and :like:
@GMH It's only visible when you click on "post reply". Above the box where you write your reply you see a range of tools, including bold, italics, underline, quote, image, url (for posting links), color, and tag. If you use the quick reply button you don't get these shortcuts. However, if you type in [ tag]"user name"[/tag], that will work (but omit the space between the bracket and the tag which I put it just so the code would show up and not be converted to a @ in this post)
@carorees

hey thanks so much :oops: I always use quick reply
@Moogie just wondering how this works
9 posts Page 1 of 1