The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

30 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Feeling sorry for myself
02 Oct 2013, 18:26
So sorry to hear this Gillian. Can't add anything more re advice, all been said here, so sending hugs anyway. Take it easy. :heart: :clover: :heart:
02 Oct 2013, 18:42
Hugs {{{+}}} and hope a load of zen patience settles on you. Also an MRI scan might help? Could be torn foot tendon, I speak from experience of the pain, six week cast, glaze-over from sucking down ibuprofen daily.
Hoping for the best for you :0$
02 Oct 2013, 18:56
Hugs from me, too! I wish I could be of more help, but you've gotten a lot of great advice -- especially Dhana's! :clover:
02 Oct 2013, 19:02
Sorry to hear this, ankles hurt so much. I twisted mine badly and as Julie said it has a tendency to go over much more easily now. I wear boots that lace up over my ankles as much as possible to support them obviously not when I'm in my best going out stuff :doh: I strapped my ankle in bandages and kept it elevated when I could but it does take a few weeks to heal properly. Hope you make a speedy recovery :)x
02 Oct 2013, 19:38
Sending hugs..i know this can be painful and frustrating..time will heal but in the meantime i hope someone can add ideas to all the good stuff youve been doing yourself xx
02 Oct 2013, 19:54
Oh gillymary. You poor thing. I have no advice, but I hope you get well soon! Hugs from Japan.
02 Oct 2013, 20:57
Awwwww ooooohhh ouch. Good advice from everyone but especially Dhana! Here's a hug xox
02 Oct 2013, 21:18
Sending you hugs ((((((((((((xxxxx)))))))))))))) you poor sausage.
Cant better everyones sound advice but maybe now's a good time to read a good big book (while your ankle is elevated) I heard that 36 years after "Thorn birds' ,Colleen McCollough has writen a new epic novel about 4 sisters - Maybe that would do the trick?
02 Oct 2013, 21:18
Sending you hugs ((((((((((((xxxxx)))))))))))))) you poor sausage.
Cant better everyones sound advice but maybe now's a good time to read a good big book (while your ankle is elevated) I heard that 36 years after "Thorn birds' ,Colleen McCollough has writen a new epic novel about 4 sisters - Maybe that would do the trick?
02 Oct 2013, 21:20
Sorry about the double post gillymary. The books called 'Bittersweet'.
Xx julianna
02 Oct 2013, 21:33
Bummer!!!! Don't rush it.
I also heard about the Collen McCollough book, sounds good. So ankle up and get better real soon :heart:
02 Oct 2013, 21:42
julianna wrote: Sending you hugs ((((((((((((xxxxx)))))))))))))) you poor sausage.

Or you could read October's book - 'the beginner's goodbye' by Anne Tyler ... Gotta be better than last month's ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just about to set up the thread now ... :wink:

Hope you feel much better very soon :heart:
03 Oct 2013, 03:21
Thanks to everyone who replied since last night.

I limped out to the fridge bashed some cabbage leaves wrapped them around my ankle and with what would have been fun to watch but only our little Jack Russell bore witness looking on while I held the cabbage leaves in place while I bandaged. I could have done myself an injury it was no mean feat but I finally worked it all out. The cold leaves soothed my cranky ankle and I got back to sleep

Fasting interferes with taking the anti-inflammatory pills you know as I won't do them on an empty stomach. So my herbalist remedies are so far arnica pills, back with the homemade comfrey poultice this am and a compression bandage and lace up shoes. Am off to the doc this pm and will be asking for that belated X-ray, onto library for books mentioned as above. Once that is all done back home with foot up reading. I will apply cabbage leaves and bandage over night

Once upon a time my default position was migrating like a sloth to the nearest couch to read with snacks but now I am hankering for gym or yoga. What has happened to me. I am like a woman obsessed. 5:2 does change entrenched habits I am finding. Thanks again feeling more positive. Good thing I like reading and can do what needs happening around here on a couch
03 Oct 2013, 03:53
I hope you are feeling better today and that you got some help from the doc x
03 Oct 2013, 06:29
Thanks Umielia I am scheduled for an ultrasound ASAP and no gym for a week at least

Will have to put my feet up and read some, watch some movies and generally chill. Think I will check out the forums and do some research on how to crack a plateau nutritiously of course.
30 posts Page 2 of 2