The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

23 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Taking the online plunge!
18 Oct 2013, 01:12
Hi and welcome:

Thousands think this is about clothes, but it is not. But it could be I guess. Anyway, way to go! post71147.html#p71147
18 Oct 2013, 12:28
@Denwoman you could put Fitbit in the search box or you could just read every post until your eyes cross or you can just click here exercise-f24/fitbit-chat-for-month-of-october-t8645.html :)
18 Oct 2013, 13:36
Hi there. Just one question for you. Do you know what a fitbit is ? If yes, you find us on the fitbit sites forum list. If no then welcome to a new world of even more fun
19 Oct 2013, 10:38
Actually carieoates I have no idea what a fitbit is. I will have to investigate. Sounds intriguing ...
19 Oct 2013, 14:18
Hi Denwoman and welcome,

Like your good self this is the first chat room thing I've ever joined and I also do not do twitter, Facebook or any of the other numerous sites which are available. I love it here, we have lots of fun and sometimes laughing the weight off is the only thing that works, but hey, if it works, it WORKS!!!!

Have a good look around and ask as many daft questions as you want to and most importantly, enjoy yourself whilst reaching your ideal weight,

Ballerina x :heart:
19 Oct 2013, 16:18
Denwoman wrote: Actually carieoates I have no idea what a fitbit is. I will have to investigate. Sounds intriguing ...

Had a feeling, you'd say that. Don't know why, but I too had never heard of it till I joined the 5.2 forum. Fitbit is a little device which you attach to yourself which monitors your activity and some of them do sleep monitoring also. The British heart foundation recommends 10k steps a day to help prevent disease.
It's by Nike and when you activate it you can join groups to compare/compete or just try and improve your fitness levels. We have a 5.2 group and it's just amazing how we all aspire to do better, and that's about all really. I got mine off ebay a second hand one as new for £42 it's called a fitbit one. There are many types and they vary enormously in price but if I leave home without it I am gutted as most days I clock up about 6k steps just at my part time job.
19 Oct 2013, 16:41
Welcome to the group, I like you am stuck on a plateau weight, but am not going to change what has worked and just need to watch the feast days and keep my exercise up.
Hope they have made progress on the fires there, wish I could send some of our Vancouver fog your way.
20 Oct 2013, 12:50
Thanks for the info on the fitbit carieoates. Sounds like it works really well. Will def look into it

Shbldr your Vancouver fog would be very welcome but would really love some rain if you have some to spare to put these fires out! It's ok down in Sydney but awful for the blue mountain folk
23 posts Page 2 of 2