The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

14 posts Page 1 of 1
As I'm still only part way through my weight loss, I'm currently buying clothes from the charity shops, because I already know from the first part of this year that clothes will soon turn into sacks on me.

Size 14 trousers have been fitting nicely for quite a while now, but they've been getting very baggy on the waist and I'm having to hold them up with belts all the time. I've been looking for some warmer trousers and yesterday found some size 12 M&S cords. Not only that but they were short length, so I wouldn't have to alter them. Now normally I wouldn't even attempt to try them on, but yesterday I did. And they fit! Wow! :grin:

I haven't been a size twelve since I was a teenager! Although lets be honest, the size twelves then were a lot smaller than the size twelves now! Proof of that has to be my BMI - look at my stats - how can someone with my BMI be a size 12? Remember here we're talking UK 12, not USA

Anyway, fasting today and feeling very motivated!
Just enjoy it. Woohoo a size 12. Yeh!
Xxx julianna
Nice one! I really don't think BMI is an accurate reflection of your clothing size - some folks have a high BMI if they have lots of muscles but then they might find clothes fit better than those with lower bmi but less muscle tone (ahem, myself perhaps?!). Everyone 'wears' their weight differently and bmi doesn't account for this (I find my body itself is quite small but I have larger arms and quite chunky calves and thighs) - nor does it account for inner health.

But enjoy those cords and the new slimmer you! (And yes clothes might be cut more generously these days but don't let that spoil your moment!)
Congrats! You're still down another size and that's what matters :-)
Yay! That's a great feeling.

I think Greenmonster is right about the BMI. It's not a measure of how much fat a person is carrying, just a crude height-weight ratio. The thing to celebrate is that you must be losing inches, so congratulations and here's to many more size 12s!
:like: :clover: :cool:
Congtaulations that must be an amazing feeling. I am scared to try on clothes at the moment as they can vary so much at my weight. But the trousers falling down without a belt is common here too.
Congratulations! What a great feeling :like:

For what it's worth, I've always been heavy for my size. I'm currently 12st 2 and wearing size 12 clothes. My bmi is barely lower than yours.

I do have some clothes labelled 12 which are VERY fitted and I can't wear yet, but they were all bought when I was at or around my goal weight of 11st 2 - the lowest I've ever been in my adult life. I also have size 10s from the same period... It will be nice to fit into those one day soon :cool:
:heart: :heart: Wow and Wow that is really fantastic :heart:
It's obviously possible coz they fit so enjoy :heart:
I also can see a similar path because my weightloss on this WOL is so different this time for whatever reason it must be
the fat burning effect :victory: whatever it is I'm with you
Long may it continue :clover: :clover: Sue. :clover:
Thanks for all the replies. I think I'm also heavy for my size. Big limbs, big feet, plus quite generously endowed up top (LOL). I'm still likely to be a 14 on top for quite some time because they don't cut for bigger cup sizes!
Considering I was a size 18 at the start of the year, I'm really, really happy about it!
Well done! That is certainly an achievement worth celebrating. You're an inspiration!
VERY well done! It's an amazing feeling isn't it?

My whole wardrobe came from charity shops!!!
How wonderful No_More_Mrs_Michelin! :victory: :cake: :rainbow: :star: :rose: :moon: :rose: :rainbow: :star: Enjoy it!
Wow that's great news, lovely & slim in time for Crimbo, well done you :) :) :)
oooh I'm jealous. I'm still in a UK 14. I'm fairly sure my big bum and thighs will never get into a 12. At least not trousers.
14 posts Page 1 of 1