The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

14 posts Page 1 of 1
lighter life fast
27 Dec 2013, 11:44
Has anyone seen or tried these.
http://www.superdrug.com/a-z-brands/lig ... ighterlife

All designed specifically for the 5-2 diet BUT for me I'd have to go to another town to get them and they might be absolutely disgusting. I'd love to see what they look like made up. Apparently it is spaghetti bolognaise flavoured powder snack - sounds a bit gross. Any thoughts?
Re: lighter life fast
27 Dec 2013, 11:49
Just eat healthy real food! It will be cheaper too!
27 Dec 2013, 13:08
debsie wrote: Has anyone seen or tried these.
http://www.superdrug.com/a-z-brands/lig ... ighterlife

All designed specifically for the 5-2 diet BUT for me I'd have to go to another town to get them and they might be absolutely disgusting. I'd love to see what they look like made up. Apparently it is spaghetti bolognaise flavoured powder snack - sounds a bit gross. Any thoughts?

@debsie - here is a previous thread on the topic including someone from lighter life chiming in (I don't know how to link propriety so here's the URL)

5-2-diet-chat-f6/superdrug-lighter-life-t10165.html?hilit=superdrug%205%202%20food
27 Dec 2013, 16:32
The thread is in similar topics at the bottom of this page
27 Dec 2013, 18:28
Hi:

We are talking about fasting here, and eating normally otherwise.

I'm not sure why we need special foods to fast.

Maybe it isn't real if you don't spend money on it?

I'd save my money for my new wardrobe.
27 Dec 2013, 21:18
:heart: :heart: Couldn't have put it better myself :heart:
Save your hard earned money and don't line the pockets of others playing on those of us desperate to lose weight!!!!!!
You don't need all that sort of crap just fast and eat a healthy 500 calorie meal at the end of your day that give you a longer+healthier fasting session, you can do this and this WOLworks so give it chance to weave iit's magic :heart: :heart:
27 Dec 2013, 23:17
I've seen an ingredient list for some of their food replacements. The phrase "chemical shitstorm" just about covers it. Not good in any way.
27 Dec 2013, 23:55
I'd like to give all your replies a thumbs up, but every time I do it redirects me and then has problems loading.AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArgh. Anyway, yeah I think you are all right, I really don't want to eat chemical powder, when it's not absolutely necessary.
28 Dec 2013, 01:20
Looks revolting, won't be putting anything like this near my body. Love your passion for real food & real life, everyone!
28 Dec 2013, 11:35
These diet food manufacturers just try to undermine your confidence by inferring that you will deprive your body of essential nutrients by reducing your calorific intake when fasting. Utter tosh! your body will be fine and will thank you for not filling it with artificial rubbish.
28 Dec 2013, 21:19
OMG! :shock: Just looked at the ingredient listings of some of those 'Lighter Life' products and they are truly horrifying. Why would anyone want to put so many chemicals into their body in preference to natural, wholesome food? :confused: :bugeyes:
28 Dec 2013, 21:37
Ingredient list looks like it's a multivitamin combined with nasty fillers in place of real food. :sick:

I honestly don't understand meal-replacement diets, how is a person to learn proper portion and nutrition to maintain the possible loss when they are "done"?
28 Dec 2013, 21:54
I am glad I found 5:2 when I did because I am sure gimmicks like these meal replacements will give it a bad name! :confused:

5:2 equals real healthy food not crap!
14 posts Page 1 of 1