The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

20 posts Page 2 of 2
Thanks Caroline there's some great info there! I'm hour glass shaped so when my weight goes up and down it always spreads evenly over my whole body. This is a blessing I suppose! Like you said I'm gunna see how it goes and reassess the situation at the end of 6 weeks. I've started a blog and look forward to adding to the graph on the progress tracker! So all tools are in place :D thanks again x
About the fruit and sugar on the fast day as tracieknits says it will cause you to be hungry. So to give yourself a better chance of success don't have sugar on a fast day, that is fructose from fruit or cane sugar, honey etc. Stevia is a sweetener with no calories which can be substituted but just doing without is a good habit to get into. Also you have to include those calories of fruit and tea which reduces what you can have in your evening meal and yes plant based meals on fast day gives you a good volume of food for you breaking the fast evening meal. A few people here only have the evening meal as eating anything earlier flicks the hunger switch so by keeping that sleeping and just having drinks through the day makes fasting easier. You will find your own groove though

If you are usually tea drinker I would suggest just have a couple of cups to keep headache at bay from caffeine withdrawal. Also it is important to have a salty drink like bullion or miso on your fast day with all that water. Just refer to the frequently asked questions and 5:2 tips at the coloured balloons at top of the page to give you more info about 5:2. Best of luck
We are just saying watch your sugar as it will play havoc with your blood sugar, unsweetened yoghurt is great. They have reduced the fat & added loads of sugar to lots of types of yoghurt.

Ultimately, you can eat what you like. There are people eating ready meals or slimfast. It's just a collective wisdom has evolved over the year on how to fine tune things.
Having done SW myself for many years my advice, if I may, would be to just forget SW for a while and give this a proper try out - I found when I did SW that I was constantly thinking about food, eating (because they tell you that you can!), eating a lot of "diet" foods, which I now realise just triggered a lot of cravings/hunger, planning "treats" which I didn't really need whereas now I have none of that and life is a lot simpler and I still lose weight! Best of luck!
Thanks all I've taken all comments on board and since your all doing so well I'm certainly staying away from fruit on fast days. Il get my five a day easily on feast days anyway :) this forum is great I've had so much support on my blog too! Definitely inspiring stuff. And I'm actually looking forward to my fast day tomorrow! :D xxxxx
20 posts Page 2 of 2