The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

28 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: My Last 500 cal Fast!!!!!!
24 Jan 2014, 22:46
Don't you dare feel sorry for yourself. Your success and determination has given me hope at times when I've wavered, as we are both on similar journeys. Very few of us have come through Christmas and its aftermath of left over treats unscathed. So you are in an overflowing boat of co-dieters, all of us being liberally sprinkled with Domanes Determination Dust (nice invention BTW Domane).

Too many analogies in this post, so I will cease with just one thought. Don't let me catch you up!
24 Jan 2014, 22:47
Good luck Sue - I'm sure that things will come right for you with a little sprinkling of magic from the Determination Fairy (possibly @janeg in disguise??) and you are not alone! As many of us on the forum have had an extended pitstop over the last few weeks. Time to get the wheels back on quick - as Dick Dastardly and Muttley have overtaken us and RoadRunner is leaving a puff of (determination) dust on the horizon !! :heart: :clover: :cool: :heart: :clover: :cool:
24 Jan 2014, 22:56
Julieathome wrote: Don't you dare feel sorry for yourself. Your success and determination has given me hope at times when I've wavered, as we are both on similar journeys!

I'm not feeling sorry for myself I'm actually mad at myself for not reducing my calorie intake or even thinking of checking it out before how thick am I?
@JulieathomeI thought you had caught me up by now with all your gym workouts and giant dildo lifting :shock:
It's no race so come and get me.
:heart: Thank you @Silverdarling please keep that smelly fish wielding woman away for just a little longer. :heart:
24 Jan 2014, 23:39
Hi sue, you have done so well since starting this WOE. You should be so proud of yourself. Sorry you're finding it difficult at the moment. Sounds like you have a great plan, you can do this, you get great results when you really put your mind to it. You'll be losing again in no time. If anyone can do this, you can. I think a lot of us are having a bit of trouble getting back into the swing of things after xmas. (It's something for us to remember next xmas.) I wish you the best of luck as you continue and as you have been for me, I'm here for you hun
:heart: onwards and downwards!!! :heart:
Dee
25 Jan 2014, 00:04
I think quite a few of us have had a wobbly over the last couple of months, and so it's back to positive thinking, and forward. Don't forget you have achieved remarkable results so far, so a big group hug.
25 Jan 2014, 00:52
Good on you, Sue Q. Everyone else has said it all, but I wanted to chime in to throw you more support & thank you for the support, encouragement, welcome & inspiration you provide to so many here. Now that you know where the problem was, you'll adjust & be back on track. Congrats in advance for getting that second 50# off, cause I know you will.
25 Jan 2014, 01:06
What a great post to read, and to see everyone's support, with or without the wet fish!! SueQ, have you tried the liquid fast instead? Just a thought. You've come so far and I have enjoyed reading your journey, keep it up!!
25 Jan 2014, 02:26
Well done! It's good that you can step back and really take a look at what's not working for you. I know you can fix it :-)
25 Jan 2014, 04:28
Well done @sue.q for being honest with yourself. Once you get a couple under your belt you will be back in the swing of it and will not look back. We are all here cheering you on because we want to see you lose those last pounds. :heart: :heart:
25 Jan 2014, 06:12
Go for it Sue.

You can do it and I will look forward to reading about your success in your progress post's.

Lesley
25 Jan 2014, 07:22
'Mon Sue! back to basics with the determination dust - loving that !
And the wet fish is on standby...sure you won't need it. Turn some of that generous support and motivation you give to everyone onto yourself, girl. You CAN and WILL do it.
Go Sue,go Sue! Go you!
25 Jan 2014, 08:24
Hi Sue, lots of wise words already.

I think that sometimes we need to "fall off the wagon" to help us rediscover the strength and determination we started with, so we can carry on for longer. The mind/body might get bored when doing something for a long time, so it needs a bit of a jolt.

Best wishes for rediscovery - sounds like you are well on the way. :D
25 Jan 2014, 08:35
Dear @Sue.Q,
You started in May 2013, nearly eight months of wonderful work and results. I really get how disappointing it can be to slip and feel like you're cheating yourself. But seriously, there is more at play then just will power. I agree with you it's a big part of it, but I think that you have maneuvered through one almighty complex maze to do this for 8 months. You with the others on this forum are doing your best to work out the map for those who are following you. I think I've done 3 fasts (almost finish this one tomorrow morning) and it's been terrifying facing familiar urges to break the diet, knowing it could all be over, and this be my only chance. But the last 3 years have been stop and start for me. I know this journey is not going to be perfect, but it is going to be growthful. And I'm going to recommit and recommit, which I've learn't is more important than just plain commitment. Your voice has been really really strong for me, very caring and wise. And you're being wise right now getting support.
much gratitude
Jo :heart: :clover: :heart: :clover: :smile:
28 posts Page 2 of 2